Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified Headphone Goodness - Head-Fi TV
Aug 27, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #166 of 389
  Bad engineers over-complicate problems that don't exist :p

I would not call them bad engineers. I do have problems with fit on some headphones and I would say it is not rocket science or needing a PHD degree to make comfortable headphones.  What a feat of engineering that Blue did on the Mo-FI. It surely made their headphones stand out from the crowd.

Aug 27, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #167 of 389
  Bad engineers over-complicate problems that don't exist :p

To an extent that is true of the whole concept, is there a real need to have the amplifier incorporated into the headphone? I get that it can be a pain to have more than one device and all, but was this an actually problem? I guess we will know the answer if the Mo-fi sells well and other headphone companies start releasing their take on the concept. I will
popcorn.gif
 and see how this product fares.

Aug 27, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #169 of 389
  I see no problem with trying to come up with a unique, or at least inventive, solution to an everyday concern.  I know at least for me, the comfort of a headphone is certainly a concern.  It's kept me from enjoying at least one headphone I loved the sound of, eventually sold it.

totally agree, just have not experienced top to bottom pressure unevenness with any headphone i have ever worn except maybe those free ones they handed out on flights in the 70s and 80s, but that is because they had no ear pad pivot whatsoever.  T1, MDR7520, LCD-X, Philips L1, Beats, none of these have this problem.

Aug 27, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #170 of 389
There are some AKG models like the 240 that has no ear pad pivot whatsoever. I tried the AKG 701 but gave it up because with the wire frame just put too much pressure at the bottom of the cups which is turn too much pressure on the upper neck. In my case it cause too much pressure on my Eustachian tube and the sound becomes muffed.  I did not want to bend the wire frame all out of shape to make it even. I should not have to.  Not a problem for my MDR7520 just certain headphones. Even pressure on the ear pad is important for my needs. Headphones are like shoes, you have to find the right fit in some cases. The headband itself is also important. Too many bumps can make it uncomfortable in the long run. I paid good money for headphones and I want it perfect and long lasting.

Aug 27, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #171 of 389
I usually prefer wearing better sounding headphones than better looking ones in public; but these I will never wear in public no matter how good they sound. These are downright the ugliest looking headphones ever :)

Aug 27, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #173 of 389
Tons of GREAT reviews only complaining about the weight and too many options as if its a little overwhelming for some right away. 

I have never seen this many reviews at one time so fast.

Aug 27, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #174 of 389
  Tons of GREAT reviews only complaining about the weight and too many options as if its a little overwhelming for some right away. 

I have never seen this many reviews at one time so fast.

It's called massive marketing plan.

The price point $300, is really overcrowded... I bet there are several headphones were ignored and overlooked in recent years.

Except to recording engineers, Blue Microphones is not well known brand to general consumers and audiophiles, thus need for a lot of review pairs and marketing.

Aug 27, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #175 of 389
I usually prefer wearing better sounding headphones than better looking ones in public; but these I will never wear in public no matter how good they sound. These are downright the ugliest looking headphones ever
smily_headphones1.gif

No-no, the M0-FI looks more like marriage of machine to man or womanhood. It is like being a part of the Borg collective along with the google glasses and you really stand out. Nothing wrong with that!
gs1000.gif

My vote for the ugliest headphone is the Beyerdynamic DT-100. I was really interested in getting that.  

Aug 27, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #176 of 389
Before this, blue to me was the company that makes the awesome looking mics, although I must admit I thought the modeling of Nessie was quite suspect until I saw it's name.

Aug 28, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #177 of 389
  No-no, the M0-FI looks more like marriage of machine to man or womanhood. It is like being a part of the Borg collective along with the google glasses and you really stand out. Nothing wrong with that!
gs1000.gif

My vote for the ugliest headphone is the Beyerdynamic DT-100. I was really interested in getting that.  

Aug 28, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #178 of 389
No-no, the M0-FI looks more like marriage of machine to man or womanhood. It is like being a part of the Borg collective along with the google glasses and you really stand out. Nothing wrong with that!:gs1000smile:

This is what I see?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back