Miu-Audio give away - 30 sets headphone amplifier DIY Kit
Aug 10, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #125 of 205
I got my kit yesterday. 
ksc75smile.gif

I'm going to use a Godiva chocolate tin.  They're easier to find than Eclipse tins.

Aug 10, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #126 of 205
I'll have to look for those. Haven't seen the eclipse around me either.

Quote:
I got my kit yesterday. 
ksc75smile.gif

I'm going to use a Godiva chocolate tin.  They're easier to find than Eclipse tins.

I am wondering if the AMB circuit would work...

Quote:
okay, now I need to think of a clever way to get a rechargeable battery and charging circuit in here too.

Aug 10, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #129 of 205
Got my m47 yesterday. I built it without case in less than an hour but the L ch was out on test. Looks to be a short somewhere near channel input to chip but all loo ks good on the build which is now getting messier as I trouble shoot. I'll wait for another successful 47 build before I continue. Unusual for me to have this type of issue but stuff happens,
redface.gif

What I would recommend is to be careful with the depth of insertion on the caps between the jacks as a deep insertion could cause fit issues on said jacks due to the width which has some give with a longer lead insertion. Top them out near the height of the jack. The other may be why I'm having an issue. I like my resistors laid down but it's tight that way. I pinched the leads against the body before installation and they were still a hair wide. You may want to install them vertically with one lead longer than the other. The other thing I did on build, that I'd recommend, is   shrink or insulation on the pos lead of the LED as it could possibly ground against the V control though it shouldn't be an issue once cased. What's interesting is that they've fit about twice the components on the same size board as the simpler designs so it does get cramped but I appreciate the profile. Hopefully, being the guinea pig will help the others with this model. The other 2 models should be a breeze by comparison and not require these safeguards other than being careful with the diode lead which wouldn't damage anything anyways.

Listening to one channel, it is quite clean without being bright. Not as full or grounded sounding as my E11. Hard to say more as is.

Aug 10, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #131 of 205
I've built a Banzai v2 on my own and it works but it's the only thing i've done in a DIY..

Aug 10, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #132 of 205
I'm up and running. Found the short at the input side of the chip where expected. I just needed my magnifier to find it. Solder at a signal connection barely touching the ground plain. Took a quick listen and it's actually very good. Interested if some circuit tailoring to bring down the output impedance for better extremes and perhaps better input caps might help. I suspect it may be even better for high impedance cans.

Aug 10, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #135 of 205

Quote:
M47 can use two different dual op amp IC to match.

Really??  Thats interesting! I thought each opamp handles one channel thus two opamps might create an imbalanced sounding output.

In anycase, I've got my m47 up and running. Fitting into the Eclipse tin was rather troublesome lol as I used a power drill. All is good now! will get an impression with pics up soon!.

Yeah with the 47 kit, the caps between the input and output sockets are rather..  fat..  and might cause fit issues. Mine has the sockets slightly slanted to accommodate the short fat one T_T

Quote:
Got my m47 yesterday. I built it without case in less than an hour but the L ch was out on test. Looks to be a short somewhere near channel input to chip but all loo ks good on the build which is now getting messier as I trouble shoot. I'll wait for another successful 47 build before I continue. Unusual for me to have this type of issue but stuff happens,
redface.gif

What I would recommend is to be careful with the depth of insertion on the caps between the jacks as a deep insertion could cause fit issues on said jacks due to the width which has some give with a longer lead insertion. Top them out near the height of the jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back