Miu-Audio give away - 30 sets headphone amplifier DIY Kit
Aug 10, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #136 of 205

Quote:
M47 can use two different dual op amp IC to match.

Really??  Thats interesting! I thought each opamp handles one channel thus two opamps might create an imbalanced sounding output.

I think what he means is that you can use two different opamps as long as they are the same.

Aug 11, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #139 of 205
Not sure if I'm too late but I have an Eclipse tin box waiting to be used. I have build a Sigma 11 PSU and made many cable. I would like to try this nice little amp.
Cheer and thanks for the opportunity! :D

Aug 11, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #140 of 205
miu, which is the easiest and the hardest to build? And which sounds the best (most transparent?) thanks

Aug 11, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #142 of 205
What's everyone using to put holes in the tins? I picked up one the other day at a Kangaroo, but shredded it with a drill.

Aug 11, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #143 of 205

Quote:

Thank you for your inquiry, M47 meet your requirements.

I've got a question. Are the 47 ohm resistors required at the output of the M47 or is just for universal chip swapping short circuit protection? The  4558 is short circuit tolerant and wouldn't need them if that's their purpose.

Aug 11, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #144 of 205

Quote:
What's everyone using to put holes in the tins? I picked up one the other day at a Kangaroo, but shredded it with a drill.

I used a dremel with a normal drill bit on the lowest speed and stuck a cork behind it.  I had fairly good results with the holes, but then uglied the hell out of it when twisting the outer pieces on.  I imagine a variable speed drill would work just as well as long as you had something on the other side and took it slow.

Aug 11, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #145 of 205
Got the M47 kit today! 

Just I just need to get some flux (why don't I have anymore?) and a tin...

Aug 13, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #147 of 205
We don't actually know that it was the chip supplied. The info was sanded off the devices on mine. Can we have confirmation as to what was actually shipped as it will affect how I play with it. I believe the other circuits use different devices but who knows as a few would work. RA-1 should theoretically be a 4558 and the cmoy an OPA213 of sorts but that's not a given.

Aug 13, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #148 of 205

The chip info was given on the label of the packet it was packed in

Quote:
We don't actually know that it was the chip supplied. The info was sanded off the devices on mine. Can we have confirmation as to what was actually shipped as it will affect how I play with it. I believe the other circuits use different devices but who knows as a few would work. RA-1 should theoretically be a 4558 and the cmoy an OPA213 of sorts but that's not a given.

Aug 13, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #149 of 205

Quote:

The M47 uses a KIA4559.

Aug 13, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #150 of 205

Quote:
Yeh.. I caught the gist after hitting submit ..  lol

Finally found an eclipse can. Mine looks the same except winterfrost blue.
bigsmile_face.gif
 I also put a bumper under the back of the board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back