Miu-Audio give away - 30 sets headphone amplifier DIY Kit
Aug 19, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #166 of 205
So here are a few pictures of my finished build. 

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/p1030679n.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/p1030681s.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/p1030683p.jpg/

sorry the pictures are kind of weak quality, it's not very bright in my room. 

Where did you get that really nice case at? Very nice build!

Aug 20, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #167 of 205

Quote:
Where did you get that really nice case at? Very nice build!

I bought some toothpicks at Wal-Mart, it was a three pack with these cases in blue, green, and clear. The case was surprisingly solid and it's pretty much a perfect fit, plus plastic is pretty easy to work with making it a no-brainer to at least try it. It's "Diamond" brand toothpicks and has the Diamond logo on the case, but it doesn't stick out too much.

also, thanks. :)

Aug 21, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #169 of 205
you just put the value of the resistor onto the spots marked on the board. I got the RA1 as well.

My resistors didn't come marked.. If they were I wouldn't be asking.. Anyway miu sent me a schematic so it's all good

Aug 21, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #171 of 205
Well that's weird.

Yeah I know.. Non of the components were marked. Caps and sockets etc were obvious but had no idea about the resistors.
I wish I had the knowledge of circuit designing. :rolleyes:

Aug 21, 2011 at 4:45 AM Post #172 of 205

Quote:
Yeah I know.. Non of the components were marked. Caps and sockets etc were obvious but had no idea about the resistors.
I wish I had the knowledge of circuit designing.
rolleyes.gif

If you have a DMM you should measure the resistance of the resistors and just match them up to the marked positions on the board

Aug 21, 2011 at 5:49 AM Post #173 of 205

Quote:
If you have a DMM you should measure the resistance of the resistors and just match them up to the marked positions on the board

But I dont have a board with the resistor values written on.. I dont think you understand. anyways dude its sorted so no worries..

Aug 21, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #174 of 205

Quote:
But I dont have a board with the resistor values written on.. I dont think you understand. anyways dude its sorted so no worries..

Let me get this straight, you got your amp with unmarked components and an unmarked board? Wow.

I'll go take a picture of my RA1 amp. It might help you

EDIT: 
frown.gif
 My camera sucks.

Aug 21, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #175 of 205

Quote:
Let me get this straight, you got your amp with unmarked components and an unmarked board? Wow.

I'll go take a picture of my RA1 amp. It might help you

EDIT: 
frown.gif
 My camera sucks.

yes components only had the values on them and the board only had the circuit ids on them as in R1, R2, C1, C2.. Didnot have any other marking on neither the board or the bags/components.

Thanks for your help but as I said they sent me a circuit diagram which was all I needed.
beerchug.gif
now I know what value is which etc. will finish soldering it tonite.

Aug 22, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #176 of 205
I received my Modfly RA1 and CMOY DIY Kit today. Nicely packaged and the kit looks solid. I'm starting the build next thursday since I won't have access to my tools before then. Looking forward to it! 

Thanks again for choosing me to participate. I'll do my best to make the build as smooth as possible to assure proper functionality while reviewing. Cheers! 
beerchug.gif

Aug 22, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #177 of 205
just finished mine. changed the opamp to opa2134 that I had lying around and the sound became richer. before it was sounding tinned.. thanks miu for the lovely little amp.

very easy to solder and fun little project!

Aug 22, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #178 of 205
Finished my M47 and works like a charm. All parts were neatly organized with every value in a separate packaging with a sticker on them. I only had to double check online for the polarity of the unmarked electr. caps.
Looks promissing, but it's still too soon for a final jugdement. I want to buy a line-out interconnect for my iPod first.

Aug 22, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #179 of 205
Alright, I only found minor (if any) sound improvements from the M47 amp versus direct to my iphone4. However, when I changed the opamps to 2 x LM4562. WOW!! The dynamicness and clarity improved!!!

Also, ******* is there a mod where I can stop the gsm interference ? :S  Tin foil??

Aug 24, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #180 of 205
Quote:
Uh, which kit did you get? Mine started up fine and sounds good (I listened to it for hours yesterday), but I might take it out and test it again.

It's the kit with the single op-amp. Innocent mistake I'm sure. Digikey carries some super small half watt Vishay metal film resistors for ~20 cents a pop so I just ordered enough to replace all the resistors. They're a little over 4mm tall and fit like a charm. I just finished up the kit today, now to find a tin...

Update: Listening to the unit with a Burr Brown 2134AP unit I had chilling in the parts bin. Sounds pretty good, nice and bassy :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back