Miu-Audio give away - 30 sets headphone amplifier DIY Kit
Aug 14, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #151 of 205

Quote:
We don't actually know that it was the chip supplied. The info was sanded off the devices on mine. Can we have confirmation as to what was actually shipped as it will affect how I play with it. I believe the other circuits use different devices but who knows as a few would work. RA-1 should theoretically be a 4558 and the cmoy an OPA213 of sorts but that's not a given.

Three DIY kit with KIA4559, because the circuit is not the original circuit was modified.You can try different IC to change sense of hearing.

Aug 14, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #152 of 205
Built mine today. It was a fun 45 minute project, and sounds pretty good! My IC decided to stop working though...dammit.

Thanks Miu!

Aug 15, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #153 of 205
Here are a couple of pics of my MRK1.  I like this little guy.  It amplifies the noise from my laptop which I thought was weird.  However, it sounds great out of my nano.

Aug 15, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #154 of 205

Nice!! what..  where did you get this plastic housing? looks good. Out of an eclipse tin, the volume pot is too close to the side and gets moved almost ALL the time....

Quote:
Here are a couple of pics of my MRK1.  I like this little guy.  It amplifies the noise from my laptop which I thought was weird.  However, it sounds great out of my nano.

Aug 15, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #155 of 205
We got one of these bad guys at work.  I provide the 3D file if someone would like it.

<edit> Forgot the link.
http://www.stratasys.com/Products/3D-Production-Systems.aspx

Aug 17, 2011 at 5:42 AM Post #156 of 205
did anyone get the ra1 mrk1 kit?

mine came today but with no instructions.. Ive done all except the resistors.

even the circuit diagram would be great!

Any help would be great

Aug 17, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #157 of 205
Finally got my M47 put together last night, then realized I have no 9V at my place. Just got back from the store and taking a listen now though. There is certainly an improvement using an LOD and this amp versus straight out of my iPod touch (Sony Z1000 headphones), the biggest probably being a cleaner high end. It also gets more than loud enough, which makes me worried about accidentally bumping it and then going deaf, lol. Seriously, just a little bit past turning on it's almost too loud.

With my IE8s, the difference isn't enough to justify carrying this in addition to the iPod or Clip+, and there is also hiss.

I'll probably end up using it mostly for my netbook setup, because it really does help my semi-portable Z1000.

Ended up finding a nice toothpick container that this fits in perfectly, so I'll be getting to that this weekend probably. I'll post pictures if I remember.

Thanks Miu-Audio!

Aug 17, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #158 of 205
I also found the SQ, although emotionally I do feel there is a slight improvement, I am unable to pinpoint where exactly. Might also be placebo. But really If I am to be honest, the 'improvement' really doesn't justify the extra chunk to be carried around.

I'm getting a few upgrades from the stock KIA4559 opamps to see if marked improvements can be heard.

Quote:
Finally got my M47 put together last night, then realized I have no 9V at my place. Just got back from the store and taking a listen now though. There is certainly an improvement using an LOD and this amp versus straight out of my iPod touch (Sony Z1000 headphones), the biggest probably being a cleaner high end. It also gets more than loud enough, which makes me worried about accidentally bumping it and then going deaf, lol. Seriously, just a little bit past turning on it's almost too loud.

With my IE8s, the difference isn't enough to justify carrying this in addition to the iPod or Clip+, and there is also hiss.

I'll probably end up using it mostly for my netbook setup, because it really does help my semi-portable Z1000.

Ended up finding a nice toothpick container that this fits in perfectly, so I'll be getting to that this weekend probably. I'll post pictures if I remember.

Thanks Miu-Audio!

Aug 18, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #159 of 205
I found an small package containing an M47 kit in my mailbox this morning. Very nice and many thanks to MIU-Audio. I'll keep you informed on my progression as soon as I find the time to start building.

Aug 18, 2011 at 6:24 AM Post #160 of 205
Anyone?
I emailed miu audio but didnot get a response as yet.
I wish I had skills to design circuits. Would have helped heaps now

Aug 19, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #161 of 205

Quote:
Anyone?
I emailed miu audio but didnot get a response as yet.
I wish I had skills to design circuits. Would have helped heaps now

Did you copy the pictures as seen on page 2 (http://www.head-fi.org/t/562643/miu-audio-give-away-30-sets-headphone-amplifier-diy-kit/15)?

The resistor values are labeled on the board.

Aug 19, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #163 of 205
Just fixed mine/ found out nothing was wrong. At low volumes their is no left channel but turn it up half way or higher and it sounds perfectly fine. I will make a mini review later.

Frequency response Taken at half volume (give or take) also take for what its worth I used my built in soundcard for the measurements with a program called Fuzzmeasure.

and a picture of my build.

Aug 19, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #164 of 205
So here are a few pictures of my finished build. 

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/p1030679n.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/p1030681s.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/p1030683p.jpg/

sorry the pictures are kind of weak quality, it's not very bright in my room. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back