MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device
May 5, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #1,531 of 2,609
  I too love the Mojo into MicroZOTL2.

I am afraid to, but will be trying to move to my more standard Gungnir Multibit (eventually), and trying the Musette (hopefully at a meet this Saturday) and Ayre Codex (eventually). But that's just me, loving to also listen to a lot of different options. I still am absolutely floored and in love with the Mojo into MicroZOTL2.

I had a Mojo on tour courtesy of Todd Green at the Vinyl Junkie site and loved it with my MicroZotl2 amp/preamp as a source.  highly recommended.
not quite at the level of the Mojo-Audio Mystique 2500$ DAC but close enough to where i forgot which one i had in the system at times. nicely done Chord!

May 5, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #1,532 of 2,609
I find the Mojo a little warmer compared to the Hugo and the bass of the Hugo to be a more solid foundation type, quicker sounding, to me. The Mojo might be in some ways, more musical but at the same time the Hugo has a more clean presentation of the digits it gets fed. 

May 6, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #1,533 of 2,609
First Set :)

May 6, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #1,535 of 2,609
May 7, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #1,536 of 2,609
I'm jealous!

Also, because no one else has mentioned it, I thought I'd bring attention to our reviewer par excellence, the good DrJazz, and his recently published review of the MicroZOTL2 at headphone.guru.   
Ok Will, not to gloat but perhaps you should be jealous. I know you heard this set with the MZL. My goodness these really are a match for the microZOTL2. I could sell the family home and move to the country with this setup! I know they had some burn in at Axpona 2016 but these are Rightious with the MZL. They have Everything right out of the case. I will continue at the ZMF thread. Damn! Malloy!

May 7, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #1,537 of 2,609
I'm not supposed to mention it, I'm told...(but I can put it in my profile
smily_headphones1.gif
)
Nice, enjoy!

Good review!

But, you say that it has a "3.5 mm headphone jack," which is 1/8". 

May 7, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #1,538 of 2,609
Thanks...but you're right, my bad, have to figure out how to correct it in the fakakta on line program we use, thanks.

May 7, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #1,539 of 2,609
Thanks...but you're right, my bad, have to figure out how to correct it in the fakakta ween program we use, thanks.

Just ask Frank for some help...

May 7, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #1,540 of 2,609

Good review!

But, you say that it has a "3.5 mm headphone jack," which is 1/8". 

This is with an adapter in place. :^)

May 7, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #1,541 of 2,609
May 9, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #1,542 of 2,609
Hello,

I receive the microZOTL 2.0 DELUXE today.
I've pluged it in a  old CD player used only to burn in and it will be there some days before to make a critical listening.

I'm going to replace the tubes for a 6SN7 RCA Red Base an try it because I like so much these tubes. I've purchased a Psvane 12AT7 too because they are my favourites with the EATs.
I must replace the fuse an put a Furutech, as I've done in all my equipment.
After two weeks it will be placed in the rack and plugged to the Berkeley DAC to try some headphones.
I am sure that it will work well but I'm intrigued with low impedance headphones and Audeze
smile.gif

May 9, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #1,543 of 2,609
I am very impressed with your equipment preparation procedure!

Before any confusion arises, the "MicroZOTL2 Deluxe" is the official name for the amp with the linear power supply, and the "MicroZOTL2" refers, officially, to the amp with the switching supply, as the original MicroZOTL used a similar switching supply. Urban HiFi is the only dealer that sells the non-deluxe MicroZOTL2, and other dealers may or may not use the deluxe term.

May 9, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #1,545 of 2,609
I am very impressed with your equipment preparation procedure!

Before any confusion arises, the "MicroZOTL2 Deluxe" is the official name for the amp with the linear power supply, and the "MicroZOTL2" refers, officially, to the amp with the switching supply, as the original MicroZOTL used a similar switching supply. Urban HiFi is the only dealer that sells the non-deluxe MicroZOTL2, and other dealers may or may not use the deluxe term.

That explains that, I was wondering...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back