MHDT Paradisea(+) Owners Club
Aug 16, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #271 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hehehe it doesnt matter anymore, now you've got the havana
biggrin.gif

I'll keep you posted when I also get to mod my havana. I'll tell you if it is a worthy improvement or not

Very well. Looking forward to your success in modding the Havana and do post the impressions. MHDT Labs may be looking here too and this may help in their next product design.

Aug 18, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #276 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess I wont be able to tell you about the mod unless my cousin brings his Havana over.

I thought about it and I don't think it would be a wise decision to touch anything inside my havana since I was planning on selling them soon. Actually just decided to put them up here http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f43/fs...na-dac-440413/

Good luck in your sales.

Aug 18, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #277 of 338
Sold
biggrin.gif
Actually traded... now my wallet is scared because I will need a new dac then a balanced amp for my new balanced LA2000 and balanced dt880
biggrin.gif

Aug 28, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #278 of 338
My Paradisea 3+ has arrived today. It looks beautiful, much better than on photos on the Mhdt web page.. I have listened to it for a very short time, but out of the box it sounds very, very good
k701smile.gif

Aug 28, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #279 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamWysokinski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Paradisea 3+ has arrived today. It looks beautiful, much better than on photos on the Mhdt web page.. I have listened to it for a very short time, but out of the box it sounds very, very good
k701smile.gif

Welcome to the MHDT Ownership Club. It is indeed a awesome NOS DAC.

Aug 28, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #280 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by OutdoorXplorer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to the MHDT Ownership Club. It is indeed a awesome NOS DAC.

As the French men say, chapeau bas! This box paired with my MacBook, iTunes and m4a files makes the best source I've listened to
k701smile.gif
Everything sounds as it should - very clear, with plenty of details, very involving and with great PRAT! Tonality is very good, from bass to highs.. Soundstage on my K701 is even more stunning than usually
k701smile.gif

Aug 28, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #281 of 338
Quote:

As the French men say, chapeau bas! This box paired with my MacBook, iTunes and m4a files makes the best source I've listened to
k701smile.gif
Everything sounds as it should - very clear, with plenty of details, very involving and with great PRAT! Tonality is very good, from bass to highs.. Soundstage on my K701 is even more stunning than usually
k701smile.gif

It takes a few weeks to sound even greater. I am doing the same to the Havana for now and I do missed the Paradisea 3 Limited Edition which I sold recently.

Aug 28, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #282 of 338
Quote:

It takes a few weeks to sound even greater. I am doing the same to the Havana for now and I do missed the Paradisea 3 Limited Edition which I sold recently.

If it is going to sound even better, then I will have to replace CD player in my speakers rig with another Mhdt DAC . It already sounds more clear and involving, although I like Sugden for its relaxed and a bit laid back presentation ("pipe and slippers" like)
biggrin.gif

Aug 28, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #283 of 338
Quote:

If it is going to sound even better, then I will have to replace CD player in my speakers rig with another Mhdt DAC . It already sounds more clear and involving, although I like Sugden for its relaxed and a bit laid back presentation ("pipe and slippers" like)
biggrin.gif

It will definitely improves over some time of break in. If you are planning another great MHDT DAC, you might wanna consider a Havana which is a performer for its price range.

Aug 28, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #284 of 338
Quote:

It will definitely improves over some time of break in. If you are planning another great MHDT DAC, you might wanna consider a Havana which is a performer for its price range.

Have you experimented with different tubes? I'd like to try WE396A next month, yet I have to find out if there is anything about SQ that I'd wish to upgrade
k701smile.gif

Aug 28, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #285 of 338
Quote:

Have you experimented with different tubes? I'd like to try WE396A next month, yet I have to find out if there is anything about SQ that I'd wish to upgrade
k701smile.gif

Have been using the Bendix 2C51 which I bought in pair since I had my Paradisea 3. It delivers additional soundstage than the stock tube. I did tried the WE396A but I found it to be too warm for my liking and eventually sold it off. I am considering a JW-WE396A military spec tube but it is kinda expensive to bid from eBay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back