MHDT Paradisea(+) Owners Club
Aug 28, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #286 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamWysokinski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Paradisea 3+ has arrived today. It looks beautiful, much better than on photos on the Mhdt web page.. I have listened to it for a very short time, but out of the box it sounds very, very good
k701smile.gif

Congrats! As said elsewhere ... welcome to the team. The hype around their DACs is well deserved.

L3000.gif

Aug 28, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #287 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by OutdoorXplorer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have been using the Bendix 2C51 which I bought in pair since I had my Paradisea 3. It delivers additional soundstage than the stock tube. I did tried the WE396A but I found it to be too warm for my liking and eventually sold it off. I am considering a JW-WE396A military spec tube but it is kinda expensive to bid from eBay.

You guys can get very nice, NOS JW branded WE396A's from TubeWorld for anywhere from 40 to 70 bucks. Well worth the money over the non JW branded varieties of the same tube!

beerchug.gif

Aug 29, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #288 of 338
Boy, I've been trying out the HD800 for a week now, and I am shocked that there is still more detail in the Paradisea+ that I wasn't hearing before!!!

What a phenomenal DAC!

Boy oh boy am I sure glad I have got the warm WE396A to pair with the HD800. If I had some harsh SS DAC, my ears would probably be bleeding right now.

Aug 29, 2009 at 7:04 AM Post #289 of 338
Quote:

I did tried the WE396A but I found it to be too warm for my liking and eventually sold it off.

Could this be the result of warmish presentation of HD650? Soundstage is very good on K701 and there is no need to improve it, they could start sounding like GS1000 and I'd prefer to avoid it
wink_face.gif
But a pinch of warmth combined with neutral presentattion of AKG may sound good
k701smile.gif

Aug 29, 2009 at 7:11 AM Post #290 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by s1rrah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats! As said elsewhere ... welcome to the team. The hype around their DACs is well deserved.
L3000.gif

It is, indeed. I have never listened to any (extremely) expensive CD spinners (>3 k$), but despite its relatively low price, out of the box Paradisea sounds better than any CD player I've listened to. I guess this is what synergy is
k701smile.gif

Sep 2, 2009 at 9:21 AM Post #292 of 338
Quote:

Enjoy the great DAC, AdamWysokinski.

The DAC is great. There is, however, one issue - as far as I know common for all NOS DACs - it is very sensitive to volume clipping, which is present on some CDs (eg. Misia "Drama Box"). All CD players (with OS DACs) that I know mask them in some way.
However, if a CD is mastered well, the sound is marvelous - very detailed, yet musical and engaging. I'm listening to Camel "Rajaz" right now and guitars are life-like and almost palpable. It sounds great
k701smile.gif

Sep 2, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #293 of 338
Here are some of the best new Go Daddy codes. I just used OK9 to pick up some new domains and it worked awesome.

OK7 - 10% Off Anything
OK8 - 20% Off $50 or More
OK9 - 30% Off .com Domains and Renewals

**Special Godaddy Code Valid through 08/31/2009.
Godaddy Code OK25 25% Discount on all hosting plans or any order of $91 or more.

Sep 3, 2009 at 7:45 AM Post #294 of 338
Tesla 6CC42 and OPA2604 are on their way, it's rolling time.
k701smile.gif

Sep 7, 2009 at 12:44 PM Post #295 of 338
I've received a new OPA2604 today. Unfortunately, after replacing the stock op-amp with this one the sound is.. weird.. On some tracks the music sounds pretty nice - a bit warmer, a bit less detailed and "darker". However, on some - bass is very distorted, harsh and simply unlistenable, as if there was some kind of feedback that over-amplifies it. I don't know why, maybe the op-amp is not working properly? I had to return to the stock op-amp.

Sep 7, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #296 of 338
I'm interested in the Paradisea but I have a few questions..

What's the difference between the + and 3? Also, anyone know how this would compare to the Pico? How's the USB input on the Paradisea... is it a weak point?

Where's the best place to purchase?

Sep 7, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #297 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm interested in the Paradisea but I have a few questions..

What's the difference between the + and 3? Also, anyone know how this would compare to the Pico? How's the USB input on the Paradisea... is it a weak point?

Where's the best place to purchase?

Difference between the + and the 3?

From a fellow head-fier who had both on his desk, and sonically, they are reportedly indistinguishable from one another.

But when simply observing the internal layout? The more recent "3" addition seems to adopt a bit more of the MHDT Havana's PCB/caps/circuit layout. But I'd stick with Orcin's comments on the sonics mostly ... and that is that they are indistinguishable (of course, Ken, chime in if you have further comments).

I did not use the USB on my Paradisea and nor do I use it on my current Havana DAC. I did test it briefly, however ... and though I thought it sounded quite good ... I have found (with both DACS) the coaxial or optical to sound better.

Rock on.

Sep 8, 2009 at 12:16 PM Post #298 of 338
Do you know if it is possible to lower the strength of Paradisea output signal? I've tried to connect it to my speakers rig (Sugden Bijou + Spendors) but it was very loud with harsh distortions while playing some "hot-mastered" cds (clippings?). I've tried Sugden CD player (a bit better) and Pioneer DVD player (very loud signal).

Thanks,
Adam

Sep 19, 2009 at 11:48 AM Post #299 of 338
I have been trying very hard to quick smoking. I learned that I have to have realistic expectations - quitting isn't easy, but it's not impossible either. More than 3 million Americans quit every year.

Understand that withdrawal symptoms are TEMPORARY. They usually last only 1-2 weeks.

Know that most relapses occur in the first week after quitting, when withdrawal symptoms are strongest and your body is still dependent on nicotine. Be aware that this will be your hardest time, and use all your personal resources - willpower, family, friends, and the tips in this booklet - to get you through this critical period successfully.
Know that most other relapses occur in the first 3 months after quitting, with situational triggers - such as a particularly stressful event - occur unexpectedly. These are the times when people reach for cigarettes automatically, because they associate smoking with relaxing. This is the kind of situation that's hard to prepare yourself for until it happens, so it's especially important to recognize it if it does happen. Remember that smoking is a habit, but a habit you can break.

Realize that most successful ex-smokers quit for good only after several attempts. You may be one of those who can quit your first try. But if you're not, DON'T GIVE UP. Try again.

stop smoking program

Sep 21, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #300 of 338

Attention All Music Lovers

Face it - Napster & Amazon are tooooo Darn Expensive

Just a short note to let you know that SoundsBox.com Buy MP3 Music website has re-done their website and are now offering music at 14 cents per song.

Full Albums of Eminem, Linkin Park, Madonna, etc., cost just over a dollar.

Advantanges of SoundsBox.com
** Listen to 30 Second Sample of Music Before Purchase.
** All Music is in MP3 Format - NO DRM. Play on Ipods & Iphones!
** Instant Download Favorite Mp3 Music
** Top 10 Music for Free just for Registering.
** All Music Costs 14Cents Per Song (Itunes cost over $1)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back