MHDT Paradisea(+) Owners Club
Apr 11, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #241 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by ttnl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I plan to pair the Paradisea with a Mingda-084 C7 tube amp and Senn HD600. Is this setup too much tubey? Or, should I go with a SS DAC instead? Thanks.

I'm a bit in the same boat. I'm considering the Havana or Paradisea. I am using HD650s and a tube amp and I feel the sound is a bit too veiled and lacks clarity. I'm appealed by the reviews and price of the Paradisea but worried it might not fulfill all my needs for more attack and clearer sound. The Havana however seems perfect to a T, but is $400 more..

Choices, choices..

edit: I'll just get the Havana, even if it freakin hurts the wallet. Thanks Head-fi..
frown.gif

Apr 21, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #243 of 338
interesting question, i wonder how much better hdcd playback would be with the audio-gd dac. if someone in europe want's to lend me a dac19 i can compare the two.
biggrin.gif
icon10.gif

Jun 27, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #245 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by PascalT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a bit in the same boat. I'm considering the Havana or Paradisea. I am using HD650s and a tube amp and I feel the sound is a bit too veiled and lacks clarity. I'm appealed by the reviews and price of the Paradisea but worried it might not fulfill all my needs for more attack and clearer sound. The Havana however seems perfect to a T, but is $400 more..

Choices, choices..

edit: I'll just get the Havana, even if it freakin hurts the wallet. Thanks Head-fi..
frown.gif

You could go well with Paradisea 3 with a Bendix 2C51. I hear clarity and perfect details of every instruments except I find to bright to my liking. I settled with a WE396A for now.

Jul 5, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #247 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by OutdoorXplorer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I eat my earlier statement. With the Zu Ash Coaxial IC in place, the Bendix 2C51 is a performer. A pair of NOS 1954 Bendix 2C51 is currently on order looks like the Paradisea 3 gonna stay for a while.

I'm quite fond of my own Zu Ash IC. 1.5 meter. Better than my former 1 meter Zu Firemine ... way less stuttering and stammering (some call it "jitter") ...

beerchug.gif

Jul 5, 2009 at 8:13 AM Post #248 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by s1rrah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm quite fond of my own Zu Ash IC. 1.5 meter. Better than my former 1 meter Zu Firemine ... way less stuttering and stammering (some call it "jitter") ...

beerchug.gif

1.5 meter is nice to have.. Mine unfortunately 1.0 meter in length and no complaint...

Jul 5, 2009 at 9:11 AM Post #249 of 338
OutdoorXplorer,
That bendix 2c51 I sold you is originally from s1rrah by the way.

Joel,
What year was that 2c51? 60s?

Those Bendix 2c51's are pretty quiet tubes. blacker in between notes than the we396a I also sold to OutdoorXplorer but has a slight analytical edge IMO. The stock tubes are not as smooth or quiet as either but I actually like their tonality more than both. Until... the evil ericsson 2c51 arrived. Now this is the shyte! hehehe. The Ericssons made me stop thinking about downgrading to a portable setup
biggrin.gif

Jul 5, 2009 at 9:34 AM Post #251 of 338
Isnt that what I sold you? Lets wait for what Joel (S1rrah) says about it. Never quite knew which bendix that was. Thought it was 60s or something like that

Jul 5, 2009 at 9:39 AM Post #252 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isnt that what I sold you? Lets wait for what Joel (S1rrah) says about it. Never quite knew which bendix that was. Thought it was 60s or something like that

Yup, that was the lovely piece you sold me. A pair of 50s in on order now.

Jul 5, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #253 of 338
I just wanted to post something real quick on this DAC.

I listen to music all the time and dont give a crap about my gear anymore - its really that good. I would NEVER go back to built in/studio/etc DACs

I have a large flac and mp3 collection and I can enjoy the cruddy 128kps rips almost as much as the perfect flac runs off masters.

Internet radio also sounds pretty good...

I have a mountain of gear I am about to dump on the FS section - this DAC and audio gd c2c amp spanked all the rest of them soundly.

I have rolled a few tubes in it, they dont do a ton that I can tell - currently running the bendix 2c51 - I could roll tubes all day at the preamp stage and could tell all of them easily so its not my ears heh...

Jul 5, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #254 of 338
With my previous c2c, I liked the raytheon jrp5670 slightly more than anything else I had but differences were small between tubes using that amp I agree. With my Little Dot MK2, tuberolling on the havana makes really huge differences in sound.

This is with the Havana by the way, I haven't heard the Paradisea

Jul 20, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #255 of 338
I received an unexpected package from MHDT Labs today and found a Limited Edition Aluminum Casing for the Paradisea 3. I am speechless when it was the box was opened and I took approx an hour to carefully dismantle from the original case and assemble the new home for the Paradisea 3.

I took a few pictures for reference while job is done. I guess that there isn't many such units available and now proud of the Paradisea 3 LE ownership. Ignore the visual quality as it was taken using a BB Bold.. .. .. ..

Please do not ask me how much it cost for the casing... I have promised not to tell and I will never indicate no matter ?????

outdoorxplorer-albums-mhdt-labs-paradisea-3-limited-edition-picture3002-paradisea-3-its-original-casing.jpg

outdoorxplorer-albums-mhdt-labs-paradisea-3-limited-edition-picture3003-limited-edition-casing-queuing-transformation.jpg

outdoorxplorer-albums-mhdt-labs-paradisea-3-limited-edition-picture3005-le-casing-awaiting-disassembly.jpg

outdoorxplorer-albums-mhdt-labs-paradisea-3-limited-edition-picture3004-paradisea-3-housed-le-casing.jpg

outdoorxplorer-albums-mhdt-labs-paradisea-3-limited-edition-picture3006-paradisea-3-limited-edition-operation.jpg

outdoorxplorer-albums-mhdt-labs-paradisea-3-limited-edition-picture3007-paradisea-3-limited-edition-full-aluminum-casing.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back