Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Sep 2, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #11,071 of 12,974
Sep 2, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #11,072 of 12,974
Maybe i missed that, but seems this has not been posted here:

https://www.headfonia.com/review-meze-audio-empyrean-elite/

There is a comparison to Empyreans, the key is: "If you like the exact tuning of the regular Empyrean, you might not like the Elite. If you feel the Empyrean can be improved in clarity, speed and precision, then the ELITE might be the one suiting your tastes best."

I fully expect Elite to be an exceptional HP and that Empyrean will remain another exceptional HP.

The fact that reviewers are struggling to find accurate comps makes it seem like Elite is creating a new niche.

I might of course be wrong.

But wait and see...

Sep 2, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #11,075 of 12,974
For those who might be interested, I asked about the possibility of converting normal Empy to Elite and here's the response:

"Hi, there, thank you for reaching out! We appreciate your support and interest in our products. We will be discussing potential upgrade options internally and I'll make sure to let you know once we have reached a conclusion."

So, I am guessing that it could be done. Perhaps, if enough people will reach them, it could become a real possibility.

Sep 2, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #11,076 of 12,974
For those who might be interested, I asked about the possibility of converting normal Empy to Elite and here's the response:

"Hi, there, thank you for reaching out! We appreciate your support and interest in our products. We will be discussing potential upgrade options internally and I'll make sure to let you know once we have reached a conclusion."

So, I am guessing that it could be done. Perhaps, if enough people will reach them, it could become a real possibility.
Interesting, but I doubt they would do this. They seem to intend to keep both Empyrean and Elite in the line-up. If they allow upgrades, there will be a whole bunch of Empy/Elite hybrids. Sounds messy from a brand/product management perspective. But who knows?!

Sep 2, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #11,077 of 12,974
Should be pretty simple. Just change the drivers and swap pads and voila. Of course they would add certificate about the swap. It would be a good customer service.

Sep 2, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #11,079 of 12,974
For comparison with susvara i think it says "These headphones are very differently tuned and as such they are more complimentary than they are competitors."
Oh? Ok, I stopped reading from here on
B9B2453E-1593-45B5-998A-DF6B5FE81F75.jpeg

Sep 2, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #11,080 of 12,974
Should be pretty simple. Just change the drivers and swap pads and voila. Of course they would add certificate about the swap. It would be a good customer service.
I hope they play ball ‘cos the Elite as it stands doesn’t float my boat visually. Copper grills do look classy. If their attitudes hardens to ‘our way or the highway’ I’ll write it off my list of possibles.
If they have the exact same dimensions specs and screws arrangement, then it should be easy as just swapping drivers. You can even buy drivers and ask to trade in the Empy drivers ? I am interested to see if they are going to see this through

Sep 2, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #11,082 of 12,974
Last edited:
Sep 2, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #11,083 of 12,974
Sep 2, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #11,085 of 12,974
That's a point I am missing in most reviews: musicality and timbre while not lacking too much of the usual specs.
I am driving an Elysium IEM on my Shanling M8 only for the sake of relaxing vocal focused musicality.
Wishing Empy to provide me such qualities with some satisfying detail and low end punch and laid back presentation for night time listening.
If I wanted maximum technicalities I'd go for the usual candidates like Utopia

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back