Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Aug 18, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #10,711 of 13,028
How do the find the susvaras + your tt2 pairing, only just a little tempted 😅
Not sure yet. Ordered Susvara and the XLR cable adapter for the rear from Moon Audio. PM me in 1-2 weeks. Also, can direct you where to go for a cheaper Susvara price.

Aug 18, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #10,712 of 13,028
Well based on the style from the instagram picture it sure looks like some new version of the Emperyan, the big question is what kind of new version it is.

Empyrean "Essential" = Cheaper version, possibly cheaper materials but the same drivers? (not a replacement for current version)

Empyrean " Elite" = Upgraded version for a higher price (not a replacement for current version)

Empyrean "V2" = Slightly upgraded version with the same price (replaces current version)

Could also be some kind of "sidegrade", like a closed back, or slightly different sound sig.

Hopefully we don't have to wait that much longer...I'm really tempted to get the Empys, would be really annoying to buy them at the current price if there was a new version launching short term. Guess I'll at least wait until the end of the year :)

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #10,713 of 13,028
Well based on the style from the instagram picture it sure looks like some new version of the Emperyan, the big question is what kind of new version it is.

Empyrean "Essential" = Cheaper version, possibly cheaper materials but the same drivers? (not a replacement for current version)

Empyrean " Elite" = Upgraded version for a higher price (not a replacement for current version)

Empyrean "V2" = Slightly upgraded version with the same price (replaces current version)

Could also be some kind of "sidegrade", like a closed back, or slightly different sound sig.

Hopefully we don't have to wait that much longer...I'm really tempted to get the Empys, would be really annoying to buy them at the current price if there was a new version launching short term. Guess I'll at least wait until the end of the year :)
Very unlikely but "Electrostatic Empyrean " would be very interesting

Aug 18, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #10,714 of 13,028
Could you send a link please to this Instagram picture?

Aug 18, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #10,715 of 13,028
Last edited:
Aug 18, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #10,716 of 13,028
I think you are referring to this model, listed in the classifieds. I wish I had the money...
I actually don't think that's the same one.

I went back and got the link. This one here seems not to have been released yet, and the paint job isn't all matte black. Besides that, the illude it doing "everything as well as the original, and some things better". For sure it's word play, but it is illuding to performance differences~

https://headphone.shop/product/meze-empyrean-codename-dark-mystery/

Aug 18, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #10,718 of 13,028
I just hope they announce it soon, since I will hold out with my CRBN purchase until I know the new Meze release
2-3 more years would make sense, but it also doesn't follow modern product release cycles and Meze is still an up-and-commer that might be following that modern, iterative design cycle... Haha, too many maybe, might, coulds in there 😜

I just found out about that Audeze Carbon, it's great looking and I'm pumped to see another TOTL from them. Another Electrostatic headphone is cool to think about, but I guess I personally won't touch them for a bit due to chain investment. I saw they come with an amp, but anyway, I'll see what the feedback is a bit later. Good luck with them!

Aug 18, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #10,719 of 13,028
Why would he just terms like "new product" if it's just a new paint job?

If you could put money on it, I'd wager it's a cheaper version in the 999-1499 EUR field, the potential in that price range is far greater than the current. The first thing that will go is prob the amazing suitcase, but I do wonder how cheaper they can make it without ruining the premium feel.

I actually don't think that's the same one.

I went back and got the link. This one here seems not to have been released yet, and the paint job isn't all matte black. Besides that, the illude it doing "everything as well as the original, and some things better". For sure it's word play, but it is illuding to performance differences~

https://headphone.shop/product/meze-empyrean-codename-dark-mystery/

Oh... guess I was wrong then :) From that description it deffo sounds more like a V2/"elite".

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #10,720 of 13,028
Aug 18, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #10,721 of 13,028
Oh... guess I was wrong then :) From that description it deffo sounds more like a V2/"elite".
As the Phoenix is a limited edition it won't serve the bigger audiophile consumer market.
From the rumors I heard about the new can it is not a limited edition run

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #10,722 of 13,028
I’ve been subscribed to this topic for a while, and the more I read about the Empyrean the more I want to get a pair. I tried to ask for a demo to a couple of online shops, without luck, apparently there are no demo units, the sell very fast.

So, I’m here to ask for help: how do you like the Empyrean with small acoustic ensembles? I mainly listen to chamber music, so a lot of string quartets, piano trios, duos etc etc, solo instruments but not much orchestral music.

For reference I currently have a pair of HEDD, driven by a Burson Conductor XP: can’t really fault them…I’m not looking for a replacement but I want to treat myself.

The other options are ZMF Verite or Hifiman HE1000se

Aug 18, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #10,723 of 13,028
I’ve been subscribed to this topic for a while, and the more I read about the Empyrean the more I want to get a pair. I tried to ask for a demo to a couple of online shops, without luck, apparently there are no demo units, the sell very fast.

So, I’m here to ask for help: how do you like the Empyrean with small acoustic ensembles? I mainly listen to chamber music, so a lot of string quartets, piano trios, duos etc etc, solo instruments but not much orchestral music.

For reference I currently have a pair of HEDD, driven by a Burson Conductor XP: can’t really fault them…I’m not looking for a replacement but I want to treat myself.

The other options are ZMF Verite or Hifiman HE1000se
I listen to mostly Classical, but more large orchestral. I like the Empyrean a lot-- if I could only keep one pair of headphones, that would be it. That said, generally for Classical and chamber music I usually go with my HE1000v2. The Empyrean is great, but for the style you mention I might look at the HE1000SE. YMMV.

Aug 18, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #10,724 of 13,028
I listen to mostly Classical, but more large orchestral. I like the Empyrean a lot-- if I could only keep one pair of headphones, that would be it. That said, generally for Classical and chamber music I usually go with my HE1000v2. The Empyrean is great, but for the style you mention I might look at the HE1000SE. YMMV.
I agree.

though the empys and hekse are different in style (definite warmer tilt v brighter tilt) the hekse brings more detail to the fore.

and they are great out of anything - i would sometimes use them with my ipad

Aug 18, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #10,725 of 13,028
Can you link the source, where did you see that?
Too much late-night browsing. I got the Audeze CRBN mixed up with their new LCD Ribbon headphone, which does come paired with that Schiit Jot Ribbon amp. Interesting all the same, for me anyway. I'm happy to see Audeze spreading their wings a bit and getting some more models out there. I like seeing the added variety to those other segments.

https://www.audeze.com/products/lcd-r

Why would he just terms like "new product" if it's just a new paint job?

If you could put money on it, I'd wager it's a cheaper version in the 999-1499 EUR field, the potential in that price range is far greater than the current. The first thing that will go is prob the amazing suitcase, but I do wonder how cheaper they can make it without ruining the premium feel.

I think you've got these 2 mixed up now. The link from that German site is for a limited edition run of only 50 units, and they make it seem like it's got a different colour scheme + paint job ---and--- some performance difference.

But this is not, or shouldn't be anyway, the same thing that Meze has been posting about on their Instagram as a new model.

So that just makes the limited edition German one an odd ball.

As the Phoenix is a limited edition it won't serve the bigger audiophile consumer market.
From the rumors I heard about the new can it is not a limited edition run

Yeah, that's kind of the same page I think everyone is on. I think there was just a little mix up back above about the German site's one because that is listed right on their site as a limited edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back