Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Sep 18, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #4,696 of 13,043
I've just been offered a "limited edition" black and gold pair of empyreans, supposedly only 4 sets coming in to the uk.
Thats what I have been told, I have no idea if it's true that only 4 sets coming in to the UK, but if so, 1 pair has my name on it if I want them.
Anybody know about the black and gold empyreans ?
Do empyreans still come in the suitcase or just a box ? I ask that as somebody above mentioned them coming in a box and I'm unsure if the case has been replaced with a box on newer empyreans.

Interesting... I've been offered the same by a french retailer. I'm not fond of that finish and am not a collector. To my knowledge, those were early units that have been used as demo on several events (canjam, ramf,...). Could be old stock, could be something else. Who knows.

Sep 18, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #4,698 of 13,043
Is Meze EMPYREAN better than ZMF Verite?
I have both and I cannot say one is better. Two different sound signatures. One example is bass on the Empyrean is more.

Sep 18, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #4,699 of 13,043
Is Meze EMPYREAN better than ZMF Verite?
First.....They have two different tonal balances and second......whether one is better than the other would be for you to decide.

Sep 18, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #4,700 of 13,043
I've just been offered a "limited edition" black and gold pair of empyreans, supposedly only 4 sets coming in to the uk.

Thats what I have been told, I have no idea if it's true that only 4 sets coming in to the UK, but if so, 1 pair has my name on it if I want them.

Anybody know about the black and gold empyreans ?

Do empyreans still come in the suitcase or just a box ? I ask that as somebody above mentioned them coming in a box and I'm unsure if the case has been replaced with a box on newer empyreans.

Interesting... I've been offered the same by a french retailer. I'm not fond of that finish and am not a collector. To my knowledge, those were early units that have been used as demo on several events (canjam, ramf,...). Could be old stock, could be something else. Who knows.

These are first batch of the new "Black Copper" color option of Empyrean, they are newly produced from our factory floor, and they will be delivered in the regular Empyrean suitcase with all standard accessories. We are in the process of improving the exterior paper package of Empyrean, therefore all "Black Copper" Empyrean will have a new black and white carton box which is different from previous Empyrean packing, but we are going to switch the "gray" Empyrean to the same "gift box" style packing very soon.

For those who are interested in the Black Copper Empyrean and happen to live in Germany, France, UK and Benelux, contact your local Empyrean dealer now, this new color is only available in limited quantity right now. :beerchug:

Meze Audio Design. Comfort. Sound. True audio. Stay updated on Meze Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/mezeaudio https://twitter.com/mezeaudio https://www.instagram.com/mezeaudio/ https://www.mezeaudio.com/ marketing@mezeaudio.com
Sep 18, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #4,701 of 13,043
These are first batch of the new "Black Copper" color option of Empyrean, they are newly produced from our factory floor, and they will be delivered in the regular Empyrean suitcase with all standard accessories. We are in the process of improving the exterior paper package of Empyrean, therefore all "Black Copper" Empyrean will have a new black and white carton box which is different from previous Empyrean packing, but we are going to switch the "gray" Empyrean to the same "gift box" style packing very soon.

For those who are interested in the Black Copper Empyrean and happen to live in Germany, France, UK and Benelux, contact your local Empyrean dealer now, this new color is only available in limited quantity right now. :beerchug:
Do you have any pictures please?

Sep 18, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #4,702 of 13,043

Not in the USA?

Sep 18, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #4,703 of 13,043
yeah, what americans not good enough for color change? This sucks I've got the old set with grey. This feels like Hifiman going from v1 to v2 in a day.

Sep 18, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #4,706 of 13,043
Its funny I was thinking the other day “I would really prefer the HE1000se with the original more orange wood color”
Well their doing the upgrade right now for $1000. I thought about it but wasn't sure being two se came with out working driver.

Sep 18, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #4,707 of 13,043
Relax. Original release was Europe and then a couple months later the USA.

I think the thinking was that they want to send out the initial units to Europe as guinea pigs, and once they perfected the headphone, they would send it to USA :ksc75smile:

Sep 18, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #4,708 of 13,043
Relax. Original release was Europe and then a couple months later the USA.

I think the thinking was that they want to send out the initial units to Europe as guinea pigs, and once they perfected the headphone, they would send it to USA :ksc75smile:

I'll assume that 'perfected' was meant to be a tongue in check comment, @ken6217. :wink:Isn't this just a different frame/color combination?

Sep 18, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #4,709 of 13,043
Well I won't except anything but perfect which makes sense to send to those darn Europeans first..

Sep 18, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #4,710 of 13,043
Do you have any pictures please?

Pictures of Empyrean "Black Copper"
Meze-Empyrean-Black-Copper-2.jpg

Meze-Empyrean-Black-Copper-4.jpg

Meze-Empyrean-Black-Copper-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back