1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by MezeTeam, Feb 9, 2018.
First

Back
302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311
313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322
Next

Last
  1. Benny-x
    @Rowethren @betula
    Thanks a lot for the answers, guys. I think the Empyreans look fantastic as they are, but thought I'd have an ask around before I started keeping an eye out for a pair to buy.

The prospect of new earpads it nice. I'm kind of an earpads junkie on all my other headphones, so it's nice to be able to worry and fantasize about that here too.

Rowethren likes this.
  2. latestyle
    Out of vanity, because it's super pretty, I bought a lighter color, silver one-off custom version from a head-fi'er who'd requested such a version very early on in the production.

3. Benny-x
    I doubled-back into the thread and found them, the pair you got do look nice. If the grills were also black, they'd give off a Stax vibe. I've always liked that colour scheme.

You definitely got a winner there, and nabbed an aftermarket Habst cable too.

4. JinTam
  5. nwavesailor
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  6. JinTam
    Stock is real leather.

7. nwavesailor
    What is the difference between the 'real' and 'vegan' leather pads.............. other than man made vs. animal leather?
    Are these the 'new' pads folks have been asking about?:confused:

8. Bonddam
    I don't feel that there would be much sound difference. A hybrid pad like Hek have would make sense.

9. Bonddam
    Maybe with the perforated inside which was tough to see with my labtop it would be different sound. I might just buy them.

10. ken6217
    Very simply. Drop an email to Meze and ask about the pads.

11. Wraith.
    And then report back here...:gs1000smile:

12. Bonddam
    well I did but no response yet

13. Bonddam
    My wire from Ursine finally came after so many months. Can’t tell difference between this and Black image.jpg

14. Rowethren
    It is very yellow lol. Don't forget the sun screen when you use it :darthsmile::deadhorse:

15. Bonddam
    I got my message from Meze and the verdict is the lambskin and vegan sound the same. Which makes me surprised being the inner cup is perforated. So I guess they need to sell to more tree huggers. Still should :triportsad: whatever....

First

Back
302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311
313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322
Next

Last