1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by MezeTeam, Feb 9, 2018.
First

Back
303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312
314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323
Next

Last
  1. Bonddam
    Has anyone noticed a change in sound after so many hours of use?

2. ken6217
    How many hours do you mean? There’s definitely a difference from brand new to at least 50 hours.

3. Roasty
    Personally I didn't notice any difference in sound after many many hours of use. They sounded great out of the box and I didn't perceive any audible differences since I purchased them. I think i read somewhere Meze themselves said there is no burn in period for the Empyrean..?

4. Bonddam
    Which pads are you using?

5. Bonddam
    if you noticed a change at 50 hrs that's what I was looking for. I love them right out of the box.

6. Roasty
    Leather pads.

7. Sound Eq
    hi were has it been mentioned bout new ear pads

8. Bonddam
    new vegan earpads at Meze for 150 bucks. They told me they sound like the leather ones.

9. LeMat
    FYI I looked around (Paris, Montreal, London) for a new Empyrean and it seems Meze's production line is deep in the red with about 1.5 month wait time everywhere...Fastest option (3 weeks) is to order straight from Meze but it might not be the best value (import taxes, no discount,...). If you're lucky to have a retailer nearby with some stock, I'd say don't wait too long!

10. betula
    Who would have thought, £2700 headphones will be selling like hot cakes? :) The Empyreans turned out to be really popular. I think the success surprised Meze as well.
    I can't see many going in classified either, while there has been quite a number of Abyss sales recently. Part of the popularity I think is a relatively well placed price tag. Cuts under other flagships like LCD4, HE1000SE while the choice between them is pure preference. And I personally prefer the Empyreans to those which is an instant £600-900 save.

11. mixman
    A dealer told me that Meze had issues with a shipment of bad frames and that set their production back 6-8 weeks. When they will or can catch up nobody knows.

12. Darthpool
    I was emailing with Tim from KitsuneHi-Fi and he mentioned he still has a set available, if I was interested, I'm not at this time, but I figured I'd pass the info along. They might not be in stock anymore as of me posting, but for those looking might be worth a check.

13. nwavesailor
    I bought my Empy's from Tim at Kitsune. Smooth transaction and the hp came in a sealed Meze box.

Darthpool likes this.
  14. LeMat
    Thanks. As per Kistune website: "Currently in stock 9/16/2019 – one pair left, and two more arriving next 2.5months."

Darthpool likes this.
  15. Amberlamps
    I've just been offered a "limited edition" black and gold pair of empyreans, supposedly only 4 sets coming in to the uk.

Thats what I have been told, I have no idea if it's true that only 4 sets coming in to the UK, but if so, 1 pair has my name on it if I want them.

Anybody know about the black and gold empyreans ?

Do empyreans still come in the suitcase or just a box ? I ask that as somebody above mentioned them coming in a box and I'm unsure if the case has been replaced with a box on newer empyreans.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    Rowethren likes this.
First

Back
303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312
314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323
Next

Last