Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
May 8, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #3,676 of 13,037
Man, they have that Moon two doors down from me been hard not to pick it up before I got to try it first. You making out to hard not to shoot over at lunch :)
Give it a whirl! It doesn't get in the way of the Empy sound sig. It will be several days before my mind changes, but so far I love all of this.

May 8, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #3,677 of 13,037
Give it a whirl! It doesn't get in the way of the Empy sound sig. It will be several days before my mind changes, but so far I love all of this.

Salesman talked me out of walking out with it at lunch. Instead I will go test drive on sat sat and if I enjoy he will let me take it home for a few days, seems the smart way to go

May 8, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #3,678 of 13,037
Salesman talked me out of walking out with it at lunch. Instead I will go test drive on sat sat and if I enjoy he will let me take it home for a few days, seems the smart way to go
Yes, it is. Minds change after a day.

May 8, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #3,680 of 13,037
I am really hoping once I find the pairing I like I can finally just enjoy and no longer be in the hunt for something better. The Emps seem posed to end the quest I have been on since I got my first headphones. I was 10 then and 51 now so I think it is about time to just chill. :)

May 8, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #3,681 of 13,037
I am really hoping once I find the pairing I like I can finally just enjoy and no longer be in the hunt for something better. The Emps seem posed to end the quest I have been on since I got my first headphones. I was 10 then and 51 now so I think it is about time to just chill. :)
I’m right there with you. I would say if I had only one choice for an open backed headphone, this would be the one. After owning god knows how many pairs....

But I just want to see them make these in a closed back version someday :) as I have needs for closed back cans too. Sadly closed or open back headphones are so very different and have their place. Imo

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #3,682 of 13,037
Yes, it is. Minds change after a day.

This why I always try to support my local dealers when possible. I have been able to audition the Diana Phi at home for a few days. I am thinking about trying to do the same with the raal sr1a.

May 8, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #3,683 of 13,037
I’m right there with you. I would say if I had only one choice for an open backed headphone, this would be the one. After owning god knows how many pairs....

But I just want to seem them make these in a closed back version someday :) as I have needs for closed back cans too. Sadly closed or open back headphones are so very different and have their place. Imo

I only spent about 15 minutes with them but there was something about the LCD-XC that I really enjoyed and I almost picked them up while awaiting the Emps. I would give them a shot if you have access to hearing them but who knows now after the emps I might be jaded and hate them :)

May 8, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #3,687 of 13,037
As a previous owner of the Z1R and the Utopia. The Utopia build materials "plastic" doesn't even compare to the Sony. None of them touch the Empyrean.

You realize that's carbon fibre right? Actually, I think all 3 headphones are brilliantly made!

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #3,688 of 13,037
You realize that's carbon fibre right? Actually, I think all 3 headphones are brilliantly made!
I'm not talking about the frame that holds the cups in place. I'm well aware of carbon. I have forged carbon as my phone case.

May 8, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #3,689 of 13,037
I'm not talking about the frame that holds the cups in place. I'm well aware of carbon. I have forged carbon as my phone case.

I still don't understand your comment? That said, all three headphones are brilliantly constructed. Many other manufacturers can learn from them. But dang, these Empyrean are something to behold in person!

May 8, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #3,690 of 13,037
One last thing because I dragged the whole build stuff long enough. My letter F fell off my "Utopia" cup after a month of light usage. If that doesn't scream quality I don't know what does haha.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back