Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Feb 11, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #91 of 12,974
Being a cool, if these are out of this world, I might buy them. But they have to be out of this world...

You mean something like this? :wink:

upload_2018-2-11_15-36-52.png

Feb 11, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #92 of 12,974
...aaaaaand I'm out. Good luck, Meze.

Feb 11, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #94 of 12,974
well, probably the only way they can sell it, now that there is strong competition in the bellow $1500 bracket, is by pricing it so high, so when it turns out it doesn't sounds anything special, they can play the sour grape argument, only for audiophools, and guess what? there are many of those around! well played!

however the concept is interesting, having 2 different trace patterns on the same membrane, with different frequency responses, it will be funny to measure for sure

Feb 11, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #95 of 12,974
Yes me too unfortunately. I will never ever pay more than $1000 for a pair of headphones!

3 grand seems awfully ambitious for Meze. Even if it sounds amazing, it will be in some elite company and not at a price for which anyone buys a headphone on a whim.

But, maybe this tech will trickle down in a few years to show less expensive.

Feb 11, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #96 of 12,974
While I am always happy to see a company well respected such as Meze innovating and expanding their line-up, $3000 USD is far beyond my reach, heck, beyond 99% of headphone enthusiasts reach. Best of luck Meze! :metal::sunglasses:
And un-subbed...

Feb 11, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #98 of 12,974
Feb 12, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #100 of 12,974
Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #101 of 12,974
That's not a price announcement, it's just Jude guessing (at 27:39 in the video): "I believe the Empyrean's price will be over $3000". He may be right, he may be wrong.
Knowing Jude, he's not wrong! "Best case scenario" - it would be $2,999 after such statement by Jude... :frowning2:

Feb 12, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #104 of 12,974
Since this was about the Empyrean from the Metalheads thread @MezeTeam

---

Being a metalhead, I like to think that I can invest anything I want in anything I want just to headbang.

Like, if I want a bike, even an expensive one, and if I can afford it, then why not? I'd love to rock the streets with a bike.

Same for headphones. If I see something I love with metal, why not? I'd love to rock my metal music with the best there is!

Always do all you can for your enjoyment, price is nothing in the stream of time, only memories and your own enjoyment matters.

---

Feb 12, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #105 of 12,974
Since this was about the Empyrean from the Metalheads thread @MezeTeam

---

Being a metalhead, I like to think that I can invest anything I want in anything I want just to headbang.

Like, if I want a bike, even an expensive one, and if I can afford it, then why not? I'd love to rock the streets with a bike.

Same for headphones. If I see something I love with metal, why not? I'd love to rock my metal music with the best there is!

Always do all you can for your enjoyment, price is nothing in the stream of time, only memories and your own enjoyment matters.

---
Reminds me of a Russian joke: Two newly made oligarchs meet outside a luxury shopping center, both sporting beautiful brand new ties. The first guy tells the other: "What a beautiful tie you have! How much did you pay for it?" "500 euro", says the other guy ." They screwed you man! Look at my tie: 1000 euro!"
LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back