The reason I can't bring myself to own these:
upload_2018-11-30_19-58-9.png

Is because of this:
upload_2018-11-30_19-58-37.png

Looking forward to my Empyreans!

Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Dec 1, 2018 at 2:56 AM Post #1,442 of 12,984
I am interested in this headphone. I already well know that there is no perfect headphone in the world yet. So I am evaluating Jude's measurement to imagine its sound.

My main question is that how much vocals sound recessed on this headphone. From Jude's measurement which compares Empyrean with HD800S, Empyrean looks like it has laid-back presence region around 0.8k-3k. I wouldn't even say that HD800S has ideal midrange FR responses as its vocals sound recessed. HD800S drops about 8-9db from 0.8k to 3k (See this), while HD600S drops about only 2-3 db (this). Also, Empyrean has a bit more rough measurements than HD800S.
And on paper, Empyrean is even 1-3 db lower than HD800S between 0.8k-3k.

On paper, Empyrean still a bit short of my expectation as midrange is more important to me than bass. But I am unsure whether Empyrean will actually sound like Jude's measurement.
I would appreciate any balanced review on this headphone.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 4:07 AM Post #1,443 of 12,984
Happy Anniversary Romania on the National Day, Meze Audio may be out celebrating ;

" The year 2018 marks Romania's centennial anniversary. On December 1, 1918, at Alba Iulia, three regions in western Romania -- which were inhabited by Romanians from ancient times -- Transylvania, Banat and Crisana joined the Romanian Kingdom."

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 4:20 AM Post #1,444 of 12,984
Then take the Abyss Diana for example...it looks great on someone's head...and they know, almost every official photo it's being worn on a head).

Yes, the Diana looks great on the head, which is partly due its slim and shallow pads. But there's a downside: I can't stand wearing them - partly becuase of the stiff pads are unforgiving, and partly becuase the shallowness of the pads cause my ear to touch the driver enclosure. And I'm not the only one becuase Abyss has just introduced the Diana Phi version, which has much fatter pads, which no doubt will be more comfortable, but judging from the photos, these fatter pads have spoilt Diana's slim looks. So you can't win.

Dec 1, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #1,445 of 12,984
My main question is that how much vocals sound recessed on this headphone. .

For me the Meze vocal sound is one of the best. I checked it with some opera recordings and result was fantastic. Also very important to me to understand the lyrics is very easy with Meze. I'm not a native English speaking person and with it I could understand the singers even at very low volumes. This headphones is the most musical "microscope" what gives excellent views of music textures.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #1,446 of 12,984
I am interested in this headphone. I already well know that there is no perfect headphone in the world yet. So I am evaluating Jude's measurement to imagine its sound.

My main question is that how much vocals sound recessed on this headphone. From Jude's measurement which compares Empyrean with HD800S, Empyrean looks like it has laid-back presence region around 0.8k-3k. I wouldn't even say that HD800S has ideal midrange FR responses as its vocals sound recessed. HD800S drops about 8-9db from 0.8k to 3k (See this), while HD600S drops about only 2-3 db (this). Also, Empyrean has a bit more rough measurements than HD800S.
And on paper, Empyrean is even 1-3 db lower than HD800S between 0.8k-3k.

On paper, Empyrean still a bit short of my expectation as midrange is more important to me than bass. But I am unsure whether Empyrean will actually sound like Jude's measurement.
I would appreciate any balanced review on this headphone.

In the case of midrange......it has very full midrange.....but never to much

NOMAX

Dec 1, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #1,447 of 12,984
Yes, the Diana looks great on the head, which is partly due its slim and shallow pads. But there's a downside: I can't stand wearing them - partly becuase of the stiff pads are unforgiving, and partly becuase the shallowness of the pads cause my ear to touch the driver enclosure. And I'm not the only one becuase Abyss has just introduced the Diana Phi version, which has much fatter pads, which no doubt will be more comfortable, but judging from the photos, these fatter pads have spoilt Diana's slim looks. So you can't win.

I also know Diana....sorry but in all areas.....the Empyrean makes the run....you also find something in the soundsignature from Ab1266....this is what
the Empyrean makes so special for me

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/mez...-array-headphone.871859/page-86#post-14623872

NOMAX

Dec 1, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #1,449 of 12,984
What could be considered the best headphones on the market? Is there a general consensus on this issue? And could these Meze be put on top?
If you take into consideration : sound, price, comfort, matials used and the unique drivers used, I will put the Empyrean at the top, but that's just me. Once again is best to listen first if possible, and see if you are happy with the whole package.

Dec 1, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #1,452 of 12,984
I was gonna cancel my order of the Meze audio Empyrean headphones, long story that I won't explain in here as I'll be off topic but I'm made up everything is sorted so buzzing I'm still getting them

Dec 1, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #1,454 of 12,984
IMG_3136.JPG
IMG_3133.JPG

.....so today i was driving to Head Fi Member xxx1313....he say's he is not interested in an Empyrean because he is also very happy as i with his Utopias....but Nomax had one with him lol

After 10 Minutes....or two tracks... he said to me....this is a headphone that i must have lol

So i think he can answer few questions because his english is much better than mine

And now xxx1313 is also lucky Empyrean owner

Regards
Crazy Nomax

Dec 1, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #1,455 of 12,984

.....so today i was driving to Head Fi Member xxx1313....he say's he is not interested in an Empyrean because he is also very happy as i with his Utopias....but Nomax had one with him lol

After 10 Minutes....or two tracks... he said to me....this is a headphone that i must have lol

So i think he can answer few questions because his english is much better than mine

And now xxx1313 is also lucky Empyrean owner

Regards
Crazy Nomax
Them headphones look awfully small, I've got big ears, not sure if I will have a ear fit problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back