Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Feb 15, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #12,331 of 13,028
Looking forward to your thoughts guys.

I would but I'm a little sore as when I ordered the elite hybrid pads for my Empyreans I ordered from Meze and was hit with a £45 customs charge (25% of the cost).

Brexit i guess 🤣

I will likely bite as well. Hopefully a local supplier will get some in.

Cheers

Feb 16, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #12,332 of 13,028
Last edited:
Feb 17, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #12,333 of 13,028
It was also not so easy....to exorcise the woom woom/evil spirits from the Empyrean
With these pads it now sounds grown up,much more accurate in imaging,faster impact and cleaner....the seperation increased and improved due to the much larger space

NOMAX

PS.lol

Feb 17, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #12,334 of 13,028
It was also not so easy....to exorcise the woom woom/evil spirits from the Empyrean
With these pads it now sounds grown up,much more accurate in imaging,faster impact and cleaner....the seperation increased and improved due to the much larger space

NOMAX

PS.lol
Personally I like the Bass with the leather Pads but it seems like a very cheap fix to get a completely different sound with these new pads.

Looking forward to mine

Feb 17, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #12,335 of 13,028
Personally I like the Bass with the leather Pads but it seems like a very cheap fix to get a completely different sound with these new pads.

Looking forward to mine

But this funny tunning is not really audiophil (woom woom)🙈

NOMAX

PS.but its only my opinion

Feb 17, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #12,336 of 13,028
But this funny tunning is not really audiophil (woom woom)🙈

NOMAX

PS.but its only my opinion
It's enjoyable though (at least for me)

If these pads give the Empyrean an audiophile tuning the value increases a lot in my opinion.
Since every Empyrean comes with both pads.
This way the User can choose which flavor he wants

Feb 17, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #12,337 of 13,028
It's enjoyable though (at least for me)

If these pads give the Empyrean an audiophile tuning the value increases a lot in my opinion.
Since every Empyrean comes with both pads.
This way the User can choose which flavor he wants

The problem brought both pads....therefore the third pair 😉

NOMAX

Feb 17, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #12,338 of 13,028
The problem brought both pads....therefore the third pair 😉

NOMAX
Yeah but the 3rd pair replaces the old Alcantara ones.

Which means every new Empyrean has now the leather pads for the thick Sound and the angled Alcantara pads for the Audiophile tuning

Feb 17, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #12,339 of 13,028
Due to Covid and current problems with the suppliers, it has unfortunately taken a very long time for Pavlo's side to produce a now satisfactory audiophile performance with the angled Alcantara pads 👍

NOMAX

Ps.If this would take so long with Austrian Audio...I would pull them by the ears😈
Wish everyone much joy with the new angled pads👍

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #12,340 of 13,028
My angled Alcantara pads arrived yesterday, and in my opinion, they're easily the best pads for the Empyrean. They sound the most balanced with better mids, tighter bass than stock Alcantara without the crazy midbass bump of the stock leather, and have better imaging and soundstage. Thickness-wise they're about the same as the stock Alcantara at the rear, and slightly more narrow than the hybrid Elite pads at the front.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #12,341 of 13,028
My angled Alcantara pads arrived yesterday, and in my opinion, they're easily the best pads for the headphone. They sound the most balanced with better mids, tighter bass than stock Alcantara without the crazy midbass bump of the stock leather, and have better imaging and soundstage. Thickness-wise they're about the same as the stock Alcantara at the rear, and slightly more narrow than the hybrid Elite pads at the front.
Did You use the Pads on The Empyrean or Elite ?

Feb 21, 2023 at 6:01 PM Post #12,343 of 13,028
I just got word my pads will only arrive at the end of the week.
DHL came [-----|-] this close and then decided to ship the pads to a different country :s
Pads were briefly in the same town as I am... LOL

Oh well. I still enjoy the Empyrean with the older pads as well so no big loss. I just gained a (short and slightly funny) story to tell.

Feb 22, 2023 at 1:44 AM Post #12,344 of 13,028
Sounds great thanks for testing. Yes I noted they look about as thin as the Elite hybrid on the narrow side. Any issues with your ears touching the grill?

Cheers

Feb 22, 2023 at 4:22 AM Post #12,345 of 13,028
so, the Epoque are at home... stil waiting for 4.4 cable. the differences between pads i will try later.

Attachments

• tempImaged7OMDm.png
    tempImaged7OMDm.png
    167.2 KB · Views: 0
  • tempImageMTqV8J.png
    tempImageMTqV8J.png
    174.1 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back