Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Feb 24, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #12,363 of 13,037
The angled pads really complete the Empyrean. Everything slides together. Everything the hybrid pads fixed + all they didn't is 'fixed' with the angled pads. Nothing stands out but all is finally coming together. Lifelike.
I don't even want to know what they do for Elite :p

This ends the ramblings after an evening listening to the angled pads as compared to the elite hybrid pads on the Empyrean.

Feb 24, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #12,364 of 13,037
The angled pads really complete the Empyrean. Everything slides together. Everything the hybrid pads fixed + all they didn't is 'fixed' with the angled pads. Nothing stands out but all is finally coming together. Lifelike.
I don't even want to know what they do for Elite :p

This ends the ramblings after an evening listening to the angled pads as compared to the elite hybrid pads on the Empyrean.
Thanks.

I always loved the Alcantara pads on the Empy and liked what the Elite hybrid pads did so I may well buy these.

We just need someone to test them on the Elites as well.

Feb 26, 2023 at 5:59 AM Post #12,365 of 13,037
Hmmm didn’t know about these new angles pads and just stumbled across this thread.

I have some Elites, anyone using them on their Elites yet, keen to know if they are worth getting hold of.

Feb 26, 2023 at 7:43 AM Post #12,366 of 13,037
Feb 27, 2023 at 7:51 AM Post #12,367 of 13,037
I haven't listed either of them yet but I'm selling my one year old Meze Elite and Lavri Grand cable. I am the original owner of both and they are in excellent condition.
I am willing to separate.
PM me if interested.
IMG_20230227_072030711_HDR.jpg

Feb 27, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #12,368 of 13,037
I haven't listed either of them yet but I'm selling my one year old Meze Elite and Lavri Grand cable. I am the original owner of both and they are in excellent condition.
I am willing to separate.
PM me if interested.
This is the only headphone in your sig.
Any replacement?

Feb 28, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #12,370 of 13,037
So, for people who have them/have heard them-- the consensus is the new angled earpads are a positive improvement for the Empyrean? Anything not as good about it sonically compared to the previous pads?
I can't fault them, perhaps if you enjoy mid-bass it's a downgrade but otherwise... no I think they lift the Empyrean to a new height.

Feb 28, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #12,371 of 13,037
Enjoying my Elite since I purchased a new pair about a month ago. I am willing to upgrade my amp from Topping A90. I tried Earmen CH-Amp yesterday around 15mins and actually feeling quite good! Should I just go for it or save more money to upgrade more expensive amp, let say under $2500 is the range. Please share with me and I will be so appreciate that!

Feb 28, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #12,372 of 13,037
I have had the Elite for one year now and multiple amplifiers. You really should consider my Luxman P-750U that I'm selling. I'm not trying to force it on you because I'm selling it I'm just telling you it's exquisite with my elite. PM me if interested.
IMG_20220514_104606051_HDR.jpg

Mar 2, 2023 at 7:34 AM Post #12,373 of 13,037
I got the new Angled Pads Today for my Empyrean ... And i am a bit in shock right now ... how can so little change in the pads change the sound so much ...

Midbass Bump = Gone (But still lush and not Hollow like with the Elite Hybrid Pads)
Bass = More Punch besides that the same a on the Leather Pads
Mids = Tastefull done
Treble = More Air more Detail no veil at all ...
Soundstage = Improved (What?)
Details = Improved (What?)
comfort = Improved (how ?)

Maybe i just going crazy ... I switched between the og pads and the angled pads like a dozen times and its like i am wearing Empyrean 2.0 .

Sorry if i sound emotional but the Empyrean with the angled pads is now the first Headphone i like to 100% without EQ ...

they sound like i always imagened the elite

how?

Did someone see any measurments yet ?

Mar 2, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #12,374 of 13,037
I got the new Angled Pads Today for my Empyrean ... And i am a bit in shock right now ... how can so little change in the pads change the sound so much ...

Midbass Bump = Gone (But still lush and not Hollow like with the Elite Hybrid Pads)
Bass = More Punch besides that the same a on the Leather Pads
Mids = Tastefull done
Treble = More Air more Detail no veil at all ...
Soundstage = Improved (What?)
Details = Improved (What?)
comfort = Improved (how ?)

Maybe i just going crazy ... I switched between the og pads and the angled pads like a dozen times and its like i am wearing Empyrean 2.0 .

Sorry if i sound emotional but the Empyrean with the angled pads is now the first Headphone i like to 100% without EQ ...

they sound like i always imagened the elite

how?

Did someone see any measurments yet ?
Sounds like the new pads cleans up the Empyreans sound

Mar 2, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #12,375 of 13,037
Are people using stock cable for their impressions of the new pads ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back