Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Nov 10, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #8,011 of 12,974
Here a pic of the cable ZMF came out with new premium connectors. Cable looks like diamonds under light and through the silver strands I can see copper.514ED393-81FB-4884-935F-68DDD16D637B.jpeg

Nice looking cable. What's the other one in the top left corner of the pic?
Your couch needs some tlc man.

Nov 10, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #8,012 of 12,974
This is man cave couch new coach after my wife leaves me and my destroyer of son gets out(have to hide anything that can be thrown and cause damage).
Other cable is Moon Audio Black Dragon.

Nov 10, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #8,017 of 12,974
Hi, I just received my first headphone, the Empyrean and I'm very happy with it. I was more of an IEM guy as I found it very uncomfortable previously to have headphones resting on my head and the main reason I blind bought the Empys was the description of a lot regarding the superb comfortability aside from the exceptional non fatiguing sound character of this HP.

My source right now is an A&K SP2000 and I also have a Kann Alpha incoming to provide more juice. I'm really new at this HP thing and I hope to get some advice from you guys...

Would the Empy improve substantially with a desktop amp/dac setup? No chance for me to try from where I am, so again a blind buy if ever.

I'm looking at possibly a
- GS-X mini with RME ADI-2 fs or bifrost2 or Qutest as dac
- Burson Conductor 3XR
- Hugo TT2 ( a bit over my budget)

...or should I just stick with my current daps?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Nov 10, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #8,018 of 12,974
Would the Empy improve substantially with a desktop amp/dac setup? No chance for me to try from where I am, so again a blind buy if ever.
Yes it would, Empyrean scale really well with better source and amplification.

That said, they will already sound great with the A&K alpha

Nov 10, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #8,019 of 12,974
Looks like its inevitable for me to get a desktop setup.
I'd have to research more then on which to get.

Nov 10, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #8,022 of 12,974
Hi, I just received my first headphone, the Empyrean and I'm very happy with it. I was more of an IEM guy as I found it very uncomfortable previously to have headphones resting on my head and the main reason I blind bought the Empys was the description of a lot regarding the superb comfortability aside from the exceptional non fatiguing sound character of this HP.

My source right now is an A&K SP2000 and I also have a Kann Alpha incoming to provide more juice. I'm really new at this HP thing and I hope to get some advice from you guys...

I'm looking at possibly a
- GS-X mini with RME ADI-2 fs or bifrost2 or Qutest as dac
- Burson Conductor 3XR
- Hugo TT2 ( a bit over my budget)

...or should I just stick with my current daps?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
5 - 10% improvement. I find that to be true with most of my efficient cans (Utopia, HEKse and Empy when I owned it).

It's actually amazing how a great DAP can approach desktop performance as long as the cans aren't too power-hungry.

Nov 10, 2020 at 8:27 PM Post #8,023 of 12,974
New Copper Empyrean with Verite Silver 4 with new copper connectors and barrel.
3497A88E-0003-4A0B-ABAF-F4B1EF287C6E.jpeg

Nov 11, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #8,024 of 12,974
New Copper Empyrean with Verite Silver 4 with new copper connectors and barrel.3497A88E-0003-4A0B-ABAF-F4B1EF287C6E.jpeg
You choose splitter material and you get the connectors in the same color?
Do you have the pure silver or the hybrid with 2k inner core?

Nov 11, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #8,025 of 12,974
You choose splitter material and you get the connectors in the same color?
Do you have the pure silver or the hybrid with 2k inner core?

I didn’t know about the connectors it just showed up with their new premium connectors. I don’t even remember what design I chose. I was just lucky that it matches my Empyrean.
Inner core is copper so hybrid

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back