Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Jun 14, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #6,811 of 12,974
So to be clear, audeze and meze have the same mini xlr termination correct.
That is correct, if you speak to Trevor from norne audio, you can also get Adapters.

I got a silver+copper Fusion cable terlimated in Mini XLR for my audeze and Adapters to use the cable with my Arya as well

Jun 14, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #6,812 of 12,974
Well the 40% off right now seems decent, but the usd to cad conversion is 1.26, so still pricey. It is difficult sometimes for me to justify this kind of expense on cables. Hmmmmm...

Look on the bright side, at least one cable will suit both your headphones. I predict you'll cave eventually, so may as well bite the bullet and have it sooner than later. :L3000:

Jun 14, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #6,813 of 12,974
You got good taste! I use a Platinum and Norne as well. Both sound fantastic. Sound aside, the Norne feels more supple, luxurious, w/ higher craftsmanship. The Platinum is no frills and featherweight, feels great ergonomically. Can't go wrong w/ either, or both. :beerchug:

Between S3 and Wywires Platinum, which did u prefer for SQ? I had the S3 but sold it as I preferred the Arctic cable. The 40 percent discount on the wywires is temtping.

Jun 14, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #6,814 of 12,974
Between S3 and Wywires Platinum, which did u prefer for SQ? I had the S3 but sold it as I preferred the Arctic cable. The 40 percent discount on the wywires is temtping.

It may differ w/ Empy or other headphones, but personally on Susvara I think the Platinum provides more air and detail. Norne sounds a bit fuller in general, especially on midrange. Super subtle differences though. If I had to pick one I'd go w/ the Platinum by a hair, in my system at least.

Jun 14, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #6,815 of 12,974
Finally listening on my Empyreans and I gotta say I'm loving them. I feel like I can raise the volume on these without hurting my ears like I do on my Utopias, not to mention the supreme comfort.

I need more time but great first impression.

Jun 14, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #6,816 of 12,974
WyWires Platinum if you want something in stock and immediate, they are running a 40% anniversary sale too. Alternatively Norne is you want something more bespoke but be prepared to wait a couple weeks for build.

2 questions

1) There are 2 options for Audeze, which one is the correct match for the Empy? Audeze LCD or Audeze EL-8

2) These cables are made of copper and some carbon/graphene mix. Do they bring out the high frequency details such as the cables made purely of Silver?

Forget about question #2 it has been answered above.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #6,817 of 12,974
2 questions

1) There are 2 options for Audeze, which one is the correct match for the Empy? Audeze LCD or Audeze EL-8

2) These cables are made of copper and some carbon/graphene mix. Do they bring out the high frequency details such as the cables made purely of Silver?

Forget about question #2 it has been answered above.

LCD is the mini XLR connector as w/ Empy. And yes I think a resolving and detailed characteristic is not limited to pure silver cables.

Jun 14, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #6,818 of 12,974
Just hope the Wywires Platinum is a lot better than the Red. I didn't think much of the Red to say the least!

Jun 14, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #6,819 of 12,974
Just hope the Wywires Platinum is a lot better than the Red. I didn't think much of the Red to say the least!

Some may like, some may not. Ultimately will vary in different systems. But with a 30 day money back guarantee, there is no harm to try especially at their sale price. :)

Jun 14, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #6,821 of 12,974
LCD is the mini XLR connector as w/ Empy. And yes I think a resolving and detailed characteristic is not limited to pure silver cables.

Thanks to all posters for the info on these cables. Saved me a lot of time and effort. I just ordered the Platinum from Wywires.

Jun 14, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #6,822 of 12,974
It may differ w/ Empy or other headphones, but personally on Susvara I think the Platinum provides more air and detail. Norne sounds a bit fuller in general, especially on midrange. Super subtle differences though. If I had to pick one I'd go w/ the Platinum by a hair, in my system at least.
I don’t own a Empy but on the headphones I own, I prefer the Wywires Platinum over the Silvergarde S3. I’ve compared the two cables on my ZMF VO and Aeolus, Audeze LCD 4z, and Utopia. In each case, my opinion was the same as yours, more air, detail, and better image focus with the Platinum. I also think the Platinum is more dynamic than the S3. I currently own both so I have no reason to favor either one.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #6,825 of 12,974
The Norne silver looks good, but over 1k CAD for a cable right now is just too steep. The wywires is on sale, but from what I can gather from the site, they are copper? Not a lot of details on those platinumed which makes me a bit leery.

Edit: I changed mind lol.
So what norne silver guard cable will work with the empys and audeze exactly?
I just do not want to order the wrong one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back