Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Jun 14, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #6,796 of 12,975
Just got to decide if I need the Feliks Euforia now.

OTL amp with low impedance cans? Sounds like a very bad idea. Check with somebody who has the amp before opening wallet unless you have some Sennheisers or high impedance Beyers...

Jun 14, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #6,797 of 12,975
OTL amp with low impedance cans? Sounds like a very bad idea. Check with somebody who has the amp before opening wallet unless you have some Sennheisers or high impedance Beyers...
Apparently the amp is seen connected to the Empyrean at audio shows. I have e-mailed Meze to see if they can advise of amps with good synergy with the Empyrean. Hopefully the Euforia is one of them.

Screenshot 2020-06-14 at 20.26.16.png

Jun 14, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #6,798 of 12,975
I saw the specs and claims and yet everybody knows OTL amps are very poor choices for low impedance cans.

Maybe ask in the Euforia thread.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #6,801 of 12,975
Jun 14, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #6,803 of 12,975
Ok great, but if you all were to recomend one silver cable for the empys and lcd 4s, what would it be? These things are expensive and I want to get just one.

WyWires Platinum if you want something in stock and immediate, they are running a 40% anniversary sale too. Alternatively Norne is you want something more bespoke but be prepared to wait a couple weeks for build.

Jun 14, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #6,805 of 12,975
Jun 14, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #6,807 of 12,975
WyWires Platinum if you want something in stock and immediate, they are running a 40% anniversary sale too. Alternatively Norne is you want something more bespoke but be prepared to wait a couple weeks for build.
I have a WyWires Platinum as well as the Norne S3 and they both pair nicely with the Empy's as well as VO.
I use both and it would be tough for me to say one if vastly superior although the Norne is way more flexible and a work of art!
Both Alex and Trevor are great to deal with.

Jun 14, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #6,808 of 12,975
I have a WyWires Platinum as well as the Norne S3 and they both pair nicely with the Empy's as well as VO.
I use both and it would be tough for me to say one if vastly superior although the Norne is way more flexible and a work of art!
Both Alex and Trevor are great to deal with.

You got good taste! I use a Platinum and Norne as well. Both sound fantastic. Sound aside, the Norne feels more supple, luxurious, w/ higher craftsmanship. The Platinum is no frills and featherweight, feels great ergonomically. Can't go wrong w/ either, or both. :beerchug:

Jun 14, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #6,810 of 12,975
You got good taste! I use a Platinum and Norne as well. Both sound fantastic. Sound aside, the Norne feels more supple, luxurious, w/ higher craftsmanship. The Platinum is no frills and featherweight, feels great ergonomically. Can't go wrong w/ either, or both. :beerchug:
Well the 40% off right now seems decent, but the usd to cad conversion is 1.26, so still pricey. It is difficult sometimes for me to justify this kind of expense on cables. Hmmmmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back