Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Jun 15, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #6,829 of 12,974
The Norne silver looks good, but over 1k CAD for a cable right now is just too steep. The wywires is on sale, but from what I can gather from the site, they are copper? Not a lot of details on those platinumed which makes me a bit leery.

Edit: I changed mind lol.
So what norne silver guard cable will work with the empys and audeze exactly?
I just do not want to order the wrong one.
All norne silver cables would work with the empy.
You can even select "Empyrean" for the termination.

I recommend Shooting trevor an email, describe what you hope to accomplish with a new cable and hear his recommendation.

He also usually offers more cables than those in the Website. The Silvergarde S4 should have been released just now or very soon.

Just he prepared that it might take a while, he has a lot of customers lately.
His work is amazing though, and well worth the wait.

I don't have any experience with other manufacturers and likely never will

Jun 15, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #6,831 of 12,974
Well the wywires platinum 8ft is 1100 cad with the conversion. It's just too darn much for a cable at this point. I'd like to get one but that just seems ridiculous.
There is also the Canadian based company Audio Sensibility. OCC Silver cables and OCC copper cables. Great quality. I have owned two of their OCC copper headphone cables.

https://audiosensibility.com/blog/

Jun 15, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #6,833 of 12,974
Well the wywires platinum 8ft is 1100 cad with the conversion. It's just too darn much for a cable at this point. I'd like to get one but that just seems ridiculous.
I recommend getting the Wywires Platinum. I own Norne’s best, the Silvergarde S3, but I like the Platinum better. I think the Platinum offers blacker blacks which leads to a sense of a deeper soundstage and more air around the images. I feel the Platinum’s bass is deeper, tighter and more dynamic. At 40% off, it’s a great time to try the Platinum.

Jun 15, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #6,835 of 12,974
I'm at a loss as to why you wouldn't try the WW with the 30 day tryout? The WW Platinum are pretty sweet and you have now had at least 3 who own both advising you to give them a try and prefering them over their Norne.
The WW can't be $1200 CD with 40% off, can they?

Jun 15, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #6,836 of 12,974
I'm at a loss as to why you wouldn't try the WW with the 30 day tryout? The WW Platinum are pretty sweet and you have now had at least 3 who own both advising you to give them a try and prefering them over their Norne.
The WW can't be $1200 CD with 40% off, can they?
Well audio sensibility is out of Toronto and I have one of their cables actually and it is built very well. Then I don't have to deal with international shipping. And I support Canadian where I can.

Jun 15, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #6,837 of 12,974
Well audio sensibility is out of Toronto and I have one of their cables actually and it is built very well. Then I don't have to deal with international shipping. And I support Canadian where I can.
I am very interested in knowing your thoughts on that cable once you have spent some time with it. I have been eyeing that one for awhile.

Jun 15, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #6,840 of 12,974
Well I think if I go ahead with a silver cable it will be from audio sensibility and I will let you all know.
Just beware of cheap silver cables, they tend to sound bright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back