Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Aug 28, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #601 of 13,029
I was so excited to drive up to Denver for this show and would you know? That damn thing Work got in the way.....again!
Have had plans for a year to attend and the highlight was hearing the Empyrean.
Yes, anyone going that gives a listen, please give us your thoughts.

Aug 28, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #602 of 13,029
I'll be going (first time to RMAF) and the Empyrean is one of my must-hear headphones. I'll be sure to leave my impressions here after the show.

Aug 28, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #604 of 13,029
Can you ask them about a release date as well?

Added it to my list!
C989CE72-0CA2-4A0E-9352-613BE36A1B8C.png

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #606 of 13,029
Added it to my list!
You’re smart to make a list. I have left many a CanJam where I say “dang!! I forgot to go listen to (so and so)”.

I actually did the exact same thing with the Empyrean. I listened a bit then had a conversation with a fellow headfier and we walked away to talk.i then forgot to go back an listen lol. Having those moments with people is more important though.

Aug 30, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #607 of 13,029
You’re smart to make a list. I have left many a CanJam where I say “dang!! I forgot to go listen to (so and so)”.

I actually did the exact same thing with the Empyrean. I listened a bit then had a conversation with a fellow headfier and we walked away to talk.i then forgot to go back an listen lol. Having those moments with people is more important though.
Yeah I've heard that you can't even see everything if you go all three days. So I want to make sure I hit the things I'm interested in and browse everything else. Once I realized there'd be no way to remember it all, I decided to write it down.

Sep 8, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #608 of 13,029

Oops. My bad.

:p

I'm still waiting on these to release I want to hear them again.

Sep 8, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #609 of 13,029
Looking forward to hearing more about the empyrean's performance the only thing that troubles me at the moment is the carbon fibre headband I wish it was a little more substantial more like the LCD4.

Sep 8, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #610 of 13,029
Looking forward to hearing more about the empyrean's performance the only thing that troubles me at the moment is the carbon fibre headband I wish it was a little more substantial more like the LCD4.

I've never handled an LCD-4, so I could be wrong about this. But I have auditioned the Meze Empyrean; also purchased Audeze's carbon fiber headset as an upgrade to my pre-fazor LCD-3, the headband of which was painful in use. Honestly, I found the Empyrean headband to be far better constructed and more confortable than Audeze's: the under-band that actually fits over the head is a comfortable distance away from those 2 parallel carbon outer bands, meaning that the band actually supports the head in practical, repeatable way (with comfort).

By contrast, in use my Audeze carbon fiber band has almost zero space between the inner & outer bands, rendering true support nearly impossible...and making not spots on the head pretty much inevitable.

Sep 8, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #611 of 13,029
Thanks what I was getting at really was the carbon part of the Empyrean headband looks from the video like it could do with being a bit more substantial. Carbon fibre is a fantastic material immensely strong but its also quiet fragile at the same time I would be concerned the thin headband might be a little bit to easily prone to being accidently damaged.

Sep 8, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #612 of 13,029
Thanks what I was getting at really was the carbon part of the Empyrean headband looks from the video like it could do with being a bit more substantial. Carbon fibre is a fantastic material immensely strong but its also quiet fragile at the same time I would be concerned the thin headband might be a little bit to easily prone to being accidently damaged.

I get you.

Still, carbon fiber is fairly rugged. If you worked at it, you probably could break one or both 2 external carbon fiber bands on either of the headphones we're talking about. But I doubt that would be easy...carbon fiber wouldn't just break from dropping it, like regular plastic could.

Sep 9, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #613 of 13,029
Yeah I think carbon is actually pretty strong. They use it for moncoques on racecars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back