Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Oct 15, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #5,027 of 12,974
I would be more interested in knowing what everyone thinks about the review which seemed somewhat negative.

Oct 15, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #5,028 of 12,974
I would be more interested in knowing what everyone thinks about the review which seemed somewhat negative.

And it's similar to Metal571's review. Both are positive overall, but with caveats about the price and the "flagship" status.

Oct 15, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #5,029 of 12,974
And it's similar to Metal571's review. Both are positive overall, but with caveats about the price and the "flagship" status.

I have seen Metals review. I think it is more negative. If you listen to his comparison's you will notice he is basically saying that the Empy does not compare well as far as resolution with anything in it's price range including the Arya, which is a $1,600 HP. The positive is that it is comfortable.

Oct 15, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #5,030 of 12,974
Keep in mind, most reviews are still overwhelmingly positive.

The most critical reviews say the Empyrean is missing the last bit of resolution/technicality compared to other flagship headphones. This might be true, but I would add two thoughts.
1, We are still talking about flagship sound, but if someone wants the most technical flagship out there, it is probably not the Empyrean. However, the Empyrean is so much better in other areas (soundtage, imaging, natural tone, timbre etc.) that for most people this tiny compromise on technicalities is not really a compromise at all.
2, The Empyrean is very grateful for a clean, powerful, technical SS amp and a silver cable. Out of more simple amps they indeed can sound a bit warmish and not as clean/detailed. Give them what they need, look out for gear pairing and they will sound more technical/resolving while keeping their beautiful, musical nature. Just my two cents.

At the end of the day it all comes down to personal taste, needs and gear synergy.

Oct 15, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #5,031 of 12,974
Well, the sound quality of the meze is simply not good enough compared to other cheaper headphones.
The appearance and build quality is exceptionally perfect, but you don't purchase headphones for that.

Oct 15, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #5,032 of 12,974
Well, the sound quality of the meze is simply not good enough compared to other cheaper headphones.
The appearance and build quality is exceptionally perfect, but you don't purchase headphones for that.

You're lucky. You saved a lot of dough. I'm curious why you have come to there Empyrean forum and say negative opinions of them on more than one occasion.. Seems odd to visit.a forum for something that you don't own, and trash them. Since you don't own them, and made you're point, why not move on to another forum.

The cheaper, better sounding headphones are down the hall to the left. You can't miss the sign. It says "TROLLS ENTER HERE".

Oct 15, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #5,033 of 12,974
Trolls. How are developed? Is it in the womb or later in life. All I can say is I love Empyrean with the leather pads on my Violectric V281.

Oct 15, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #5,035 of 12,974
the review is spot on....I owned and sold the empyrean...l iked it ,thought is was incredibly well built and comfortable but it simply didnt measure up sound wise to the lcd-4 and other TOTL models

Oct 15, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #5,037 of 12,974
If anyone wants a nice Close Back to go with the Empyrean I can't speak highly enough of the Verite Close. I have been using them for the last 5 days and they are pretty great. Nice and musical, quite a lot of similar traits to the Empyrean I would have said, a bit less comfortable though. Does help that they look great too :p

P1010460.JPG

Oct 15, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #5,038 of 12,974
It all depends on what you like. I had the LCD4 prior to the Empyrean and they were not nearly as enjoyable for me.

different strokes for different folks...that why there is a mercedes and a BMW

Oct 15, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #5,040 of 12,974
dont, once you try abyss TC you wont want to listen to empyrean lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back