Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Sep 28, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #4,891 of 12,974
Then perhaps, since you are selective in who you feel is "qualified" to contribute to a subject/idea posted in a public thread, you might want to confine to a PM with whomever you wish to squabble with, which seems to be a common article in a lot of threads you participate in.
Makes me feel a bit bitter to see that the thread of the headphone I like the most has the highest number of trolls. And your partner in debate is not even the worst one of them.

Sep 28, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #4,892 of 12,974
Lets get back to what matters Empyrean is the best. I'm excited Monday my gsx mini arrives so I'll be comparing that amp to the pro ican. Will be using the Empyrean for my listening sessions.

Sep 28, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #4,893 of 12,974
Lets get back to what matters Empyrean is the best. I'm excited Monday my gsx mini arrives so I'll be comparing that amp to the pro ican. Will be using the Empyrean for my listening sessions.

I don't want to 'lead the witness' but I have a feeling you may like the Empy's w/ the GS-X mini. I do not have the Pro iCan to do comparisons.

I agree with you that this 'he said, she said' back and forth is not just tiring but a waste of time to read. This is supposed to be a forum for questions & opinions related to IMO a great sounding hp and not bickering. It's enough to drive away good folks.

We all have a sound that we like and we all hear differently so this is all just our opinion.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #4,894 of 12,974
Well lets leave it alone and talk more about how i'm going to enjoy the mini with the Empyrean,

Sep 28, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #4,895 of 12,974
I've been waiting a good amount of time for the mini. I ordered it in July so I'm excited.

Sep 28, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #4,897 of 12,974
While I had my Qutest I was very interested in picking up the new GSX Mini. Since the GSX Mini release was delayed but half a year at least, in the meantime I upgraded to to Chord TT2 which makes the Mini release quite irrelevant for me.
I am still interested however how the Mini holds up against other good SS amps. So please share your findings when you can.

I found the Pro iCan to be a great amp at least technically but some life/soul was missing. I actually preferred my Qutest with the Taurus MKII to the Pro iCan with the Pro iDSD.

Sep 28, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #4,898 of 12,974
isn't the chord in a different price category? I'm doing mine because the ifi flagship and mini are same price. This would help people choose one. off the bat the ifi has amazing bass control with three settings the mini does not. Also if your into crossfeed which im not the ifi has it. the ifi has tube section which I cant say is good because of the small size and last you get a lot of connection options. I will keep the ifi only brcause the bass option, but my lan is to sell it.

Sep 28, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #4,899 of 12,974
isn't the chord in a different price category? I'm doing mine because the ifi flagship and mini are same price. This would help people choose one. off the bat the ifi has amazing bass control with three settings the mini does not. Also if your into crossfeed which im not the ifi has it. the ifi has tube section which I cant say is good because of the small size and last you get a lot of connection options. I will keep the ifi only brcause the bass option, but my lan is to sell it.
Qutest with a good SS amp like the Taurus MKII is a good competition to the iCan/iPro. I found the iCan/iPro combo spectacular when it comes down to technicalities, but they lacked life and naturalism compared to my Chord Qutest/Taurus MKII combo.
The TT2 easily kills any combo of any sort under £4000, but I still want to know if the GSX Mini is better than the Taurus MKII.

Sep 28, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #4,901 of 12,974
Qutest with a good SS amp like the Taurus MKII is a good competition to the iCan/iPro. I found the iCan/iPro combo spectacular when it comes down to technicalities, but they lacked life and naturalism compared to my Chord Qutest/Taurus MKII combo.
The TT2 easily kills any combo of any sort under £4000, but I still want to know if the GSX Mini is better than the Taurus MKII.
Well the ICan is really known for its bass and dynamics, not it’s detail. When I heard it I wouldn’t say most detailed amp. I heard the mini and wow it did have destabilize, but I am unsure about it’s dynamics and bass impact, plus I believe they retuned it since I have heard it.

The TT2 is a dilemma for me because while I wouldn’t mind it as a DAC, at that cost I might prefer a good tube amp like the Cayin 300B or WA5. The thing is to get the right tubes for a headphone like the Empy which sounds thick enough on SS, with the wrong tube amp may be too thick sounding.

Sep 28, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #4,902 of 12,974
If you’re going to get a 300B amp, get the Cayin and not the WA5. I had the WA5 and now I have the CAyin. There’s no comparison.

Alzo with the tubes you can change from thick sounding to more sizzle on the top end of that’s what you like.

Of course you get 6SN7GT Tung Sol black glass round plates and and the. You’re really rockin.

Sep 28, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #4,903 of 12,974
Then perhaps, since you are selective in who you feel is "qualified" to contribute to a subject/idea posted in a public thread, you might want to confine to a PM with whomever you wish to squabble with, which seems to be a common article in a lot of threads you participate in.
i don't have a view on who is or isn't qualified to post in this or any other forum thread, but it is obvious that you have a personal view of me that you feel compelled to air in this particular forum thread. since it was you who started this "squabble", perhaps you should consider following your own advice.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2019 at 12:43 AM Post #4,905 of 12,974
the dave drives the empyrean very well....and of course the dave dac is as good as it gets

Users who are viewing this thread

Back