1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by MezeTeam, Feb 9, 2018.
First

Back
315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324
326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335
Next

Last
  1. Bonddam
    Ah no... I haven’t. Does it involve two guys fighting?

2. MacedonianHero Contributor
    PM the joke. :)

3. nwavesailor
    Was the traveling salesman selling Empy's???

4. ken6217
    Well it’s been along time since I heard that joke, but I think it had something to do with a virgin and a dad with a shotgun. LOL

5. mixman
    Ha, it's because you are coming from HEK SE's which are the ultimate in comfort. Do you still have them?

Hifiearspeakers likes this.
  6. MacedonianHero Contributor
    I find them very comfortable but for my noggin, the Empyrean king of the heap.

7. mixman
    My other most comfortable were the Verite Silk found them a little more comfortable than the Empy. With the Empy feeling bulky at times.

8. up late
    "live in absolutes"? what does that even mean? i ignored your other posts because they were beside your point and flawed tbh - not because of any "preconceived bias" that you falsely accuse me of having. for example, you dismissed the example of the abyss diana on the basis that it is designed to be portable, but it is still an orthodynamic / planar magnetic headphone regardless. the fact that it is light in weight and portable contradicts your original statement that "orthos are heavy". you also suggested in one of your posts that "orthos" containing single-sided magnet arrays were lighter than those with double-sided magnet arrays, which makes sense but they're still orthodynamic headphones. however, the original abyss ab-1266 employed single-sided magnet arrays (btw, are you sure that the most current iteration contains double-sided magnet arrays?) and it is amongst the heaviest orthodynamic headphones going around. you suggested that the frame contributed to its weight, which it obviously does, but it is still an orthodynamic headphone that employs single-sided magnet arrays and it is "heavy" by any measure.
    he's telling you because you're in up to your elbows

9. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Blah, blah, blah TL:DNR

kid vic and Art Garfunkel like this.
  10. ken6217
    I think a steel cage match should settle this. I have a call into Vince McMahon.

up late likes this.
  11. up late
    [​IMG]

nwavesailor likes this.
  12. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Love that movie. I’m off to buy some shrubbery.

Art Garfunkel likes this.
  13. Art Garfunkel
    Orthodynamic drivers are normally much heavier than dynamic drivers, no? So to compensate, lighter housings and headband materials must be considered. So perhaps you can meet halfway? A tad childish..

14. thecrow
    Yep. Still have them.

I slightly upgraded my ss amp from the cayin iha6 to the Auralic taurus and my initial impressions are it improved the empys more than the hekse which i’m still enjoying.

from various impressions I’ve read i think that empys are quite affected by gear - particularly in their perceived value going from ok to fantastic because of gear (regardless of them being forgiving of source). imho

i do sometimes find the hekse earpads a little too long coming down to the meeting of the jaws which can be a bit weird.

then there is the hd800 that are never a problem

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  15. up late
    i suggest that you read from the beginning of the exchange before passing judgement, thanks

First

Back
315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324
326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335
Next

Last