Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Apr 16, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #436 of 12,974
I just sent this period to the NSA labs for analysis. It may hold more encoded/invisible information than that obelisk in "2001:A SPACE ODYSSEY"
I find these periods about once a month. Better than not finding them I guess.

Apr 16, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #439 of 12,974
Apr 18, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #440 of 12,974
Right near the end of the video, he says "I had a listen and they sounded 'good'", then "It'll be interesting to see how these go" then laughs his head off?

Is he inferring something here, that they are a 'joke'? Just seemed a bit weird..

Apr 18, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #441 of 12,974
Right near the end of the video, he says "I had a listen and they sounded 'good'", then "It'll be interesting to see how these go" then laughs his head off?

Is he inferring something here, that they are a 'joke'? Just seemed a bit weird..
I would pay no mind to it, from a lot of sources I heard the one at the TSAV booth was pretty amazing and that might be how it sounds in production form. #notworried.

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #442 of 12,974
That's why I found it so weird. There have been a lot of positive reports.

Think Z1R i guess..

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #443 of 12,974
That's why I found it so weird. There have been a lot of positive reports.

Think Z1R i guess..
I'm sure we will be bombarded with a lot more info come closer to launch.

Apr 18, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #445 of 12,974
D340F900-BD1E-46E4-B169-2B10BFF3FA1E.gif
Blink blink

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #446 of 12,974
I would pay no mind to it, from a lot of sources I heard the one at the TSAV booth was pretty amazing and that might be how it sounds in production form. #notworried.

Doesn't make sense to me why they wouldn't showcase the same model from their booth or TSAV. And why would they give a 'production model' to TSAV and not to themselves. If anything it seems like bad version control on their part. They should't be demoing prototypes at their stand and sending a production model to TSAV

Apr 18, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #448 of 12,974
Doesn't make sense to me why they wouldn't showcase the same model from their booth or TSAV. And why would they give a 'production model' to TSAV and not to themselves. If anything it seems like bad version control on their part. They should't be demoing prototypes at their stand and sending a production model to TSAV
All 3 Empyrean's at CanJam SoCal were pre-production models, and none of them had the final voicing yet. But the one at the TSAV booth sounded the best to me, as I mentioned in my post about it.

Apr 18, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #449 of 12,974
Blink blink

Let's say those were quite bright and had a lot of treble, bening sharpy and metallic, they would have worked well with J-pop and with some metal / post-hardcore, but Jazz and especially trumpets are hard to play.

I heard contemporary Ultrasones and they are as good as closed back headphones go for their signature series, literally, if you want TOTL Closed-Back, Ultrasone it is, in general.

|I have very high hopes for the Empyrean, curious what it will do best and how :)

Apr 18, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #450 of 12,974
All 3 Empyrean's at CanJam SoCal were pre-production models, and none of them had the final voicing yet. But the one at the TSAV booth sounded the best to me, as I mentioned in my post about it.
Imaqine a band touring and presenting new songs from an upcoming album and saying "This is not the final version, only a pre-production one. If you think it sucks, we'll change it".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back