Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Jun 20, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #3,991 of 12,974
So you’re saying you overpaid for what the empy gives you or that it’s not going to be good enough to keep and you don’t want your resale price to be affected?
The basis of my prior reply was pointed toward a hypothetical situation. In the event that there was in fact a half price Empyrean with crappy build quality I wouldn't care about resale value of my real Emp or think that the Emp isn't worth what I paid. I would just be bummed out that the same tech is in a half priced unit that's still a pretty fresh release.

I'm sure in a few years there will be a half price Empyrean which will be great value wise when technology is further improved up the ladder.

Jun 20, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #3,992 of 12,974
They might do it to copy Hifiman

I sometimes wonder where people get ideas from, not manufacturers, but people commenting on them. If anything, we've seen successful manufacturers who did their own thing, rather than copy others, especially in the case of Meze.

The Empyrean is the sum of all it's parts, not just the drivers. Even if Meze decides to make a pair of $1500 headphones using similar technology, it wont be the Empyrean.

Jun 21, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #3,993 of 12,974
Meze Audio will demonstrate our Empyrean along side with Woo Audio and Kimberkable at Room Newport Beach at CanJam SoCal this weekend, if you are anywhere near southern California, please drop by and check out our headphone and earphone line up at this wonderful event.

CanJam SoCal 2019
Irvine Marriott
18000 Von Karman Avenue
Irvine, California 92612
USA

Saturday, June 22, 2019
10am to 6pm

Sunday, June 23, 2019
10am to 5pm

Last edited:
Meze Audio Design. Comfort. Sound. True audio. Stay updated on Meze Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/mezeaudio https://twitter.com/mezeaudio https://www.instagram.com/mezeaudio/ https://www.mezeaudio.com/ marketing@mezeaudio.com
Jun 21, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #3,994 of 12,974
Meze Audio will demonstrate our Empyrean along side with Woo Audio and Kimberkable at Room Newport Beach at CanJam SoCal this weekend, if you are anywhere near southern California, please drop by and check out our headphone and earphone line up at this wonder event.

CanJam SoCal 2019
Irvine Marriott
18000 Von Karman Avenue
Irvine, California 92612
USA

Saturday, June 22, 2019
10am to 6pm

Sunday, June 23, 2019
10am to 5pm

Will you have any potential new pad designs there for people to test out?

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #3,996 of 12,974
I heard that they’re going to have the new Empyrean for $1500 and plastic cups.:ksc75smile:
Where do I sign up for the pre-order? :ksc75smile::L3000:

Jun 21, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #3,997 of 12,974
Meze Audio will demonstrate our Empyrean along side with Woo Audio and Kimberkable at Room Newport Beach at CanJam SoCal this weekend, if you are anywhere near southern California, please drop by and check out our headphone and earphone line up at this wonder event.

CanJam SoCal 2019
Irvine Marriott
18000 Von Karman Avenue
Irvine, California 92612
USA

Saturday, June 22, 2019
10am to 6pm

Sunday, June 23, 2019
10am to 5pm
Which woo audio you are using ?

Jun 21, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #4,000 of 12,974
Well, thats nothing.

I head they’re coming out with a 700 dollar Empyrean that uses lollipop sticks and chicken wire to hold the drivers together. :deadhorse:
You confused it, it is Sennheiser that is coming with lollipop sticks and chicken wire. Since their TOTL uses plastic (you know the "crappy", "cannibalized", "bastardasized" one) they had no other way to go for their new lower grade hp...

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #4,002 of 12,974
I spent the last couple of weeks reading reviews and researching Audeze LCD-4z, LCDi4, and the the Emps. The result of all the research is my Emps will arrive next Wednesday. I am a little nervous because I have not listened to them yet, but I am really excited. I have listened to both of the Audeze phones and really enjoyed them, but this thread really sold me. Therefore, I blame all of you if they suck. :) I also own Clears, which I like, and my current source is the Astell & Kern Kann Cube. I am looking for better and more refined bass than what the Clears are capable of delivering.

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #4,003 of 12,974
I spent the last couple of weeks reading reviews and researching Audeze LCD-4z, LCDi4, and the the Emps. The result of all the research is my Emps will arrive next Wednesday. I am a little nervous because I have not listened to them yet, but I am really excited. I have listened to both of the Audeze phones and really enjoyed them, but this thread really sold me. Therefore, I blame all of you if they suck. :) I also own Clears, which I like, and my current source is the Astell & Kern Kann Cube. I am looking for better and more refined bass than what the Clears are capable of delivering.
Right on man congratulations!:) Definitely post those impressions on here asap because as soon as I sell my current gear my patience will be at 0 and I'll have to buy something no matter what. But you're right this thread and all the glowing reviews are pointing me towards the empyreans:D

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #4,004 of 12,974

Then I guess we have nothing to worry about. :)

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #4,005 of 12,974
How does everybody feel about these versus the LCD 4Z that have heard them? And through the hugo 2 if you could be so kind:wink:

This review compares Empy and 4Z on Dave. Not H2 but Dave close to H2 on sound signature (FR) and not too far on power (which defines final FR).

Empy on H2 you have Currawong review, although no 4Z.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back