Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Dec 9, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #1,756 of 12,974
My leather pads are perforated on the inner vertical surface just like @Ultrainferno's pic. I imagine that's the standard leather pad. Would be nice to get a fully perforated version like Utopia's for comparison.

I am continuing to love the Empyrean! This is the perfect headphone for me and my Chord BluDAVE :)

Dec 9, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #1,757 of 12,974
My leather pads are perforated on the inner vertical surface just like @Ultrainferno's pic. I imagine that's the standard leather pad. Would be nice to get a fully perforated version like Utopia's for comparison.

I am continuing to love the Empyrean! This is the perfect headphone for me and my Chord BluDAVE :)
I'm glad your enjoying them mate, fingers crossed I'll get mine soon

Dec 9, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #1,758 of 12,974
I can't find the distributor for the UK on here, I've spoke to them on here but gutted I can't private message them.
Can't remember the name
Phil w do you know mate?

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #1,759 of 12,974
I can't find the distributor for the UK on here, I've spoke to them on here but gutted I can't private message them.
Can't remember the name
Phil w do you know mate?
Apparently there are a bunch of U.K. distributors....maybe this will help-just zoom in to whatever section you're closest to....
https://www.mezeaudio.com/pages/dealers

Dec 9, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #1,760 of 12,974

I haven't tried the Blu combo, but Dave has more then enough power to drive the Empyrean at very loud levels. Really good combo,very musical.

Dec 9, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #1,761 of 12,974
Dec 10, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #1,762 of 12,974
Apparently there are a bunch of U.K. distributors....maybe this will help-just zoom in to whatever section you're closest to....
https://www.mezeaudio.com/pages/dealers

That link clearly shows that there is just 1 UK distributor: SVC Distribution. And plenty of Meze dealers.
But not so obvious is that only a small number of these dealers will get Empyrean model. Possibly the number may grow in the future as the Empyrean gets more established, so you need to contact the distributor for the latest list.

I happen to know of 2 dealers selling Empyrean that are driving distance from me: Highendheadphones near Cambridge and Hifonix in Sutton Coalfield (Birmingham).
Edit: I see that Highendheadphones aren't even on the list, presumably because they've only just taken on the Meze brand - I know this because they're my usual headphone dealer.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2018 at 3:33 AM Post #1,763 of 12,974
I PMed the UK Dealer SCV and got the following reply(on 20th November)

"Hi,
Initial stock and demo units have gone to...

HiFi Headphones (South coast)
Audio Sanctuary (South London)
HiFi Lounge/Highend Headphones (Bedford)
Hifonix (Birmingham)"

I got mine from Paul at HiFiLounge.I don't think there are any more available until next year!

Dec 10, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #1,764 of 12,974
IMG_3190.JPG
....i also have this.....it's included.....both pairs are perforated

NOMAX

Dec 10, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #1,765 of 12,974
....i also have this.....it's included.....both pairs are perforated

NOMAX
Wow! If they were trucks, they would have hit me! Both my stock pads are perforated as well. I guess I didn't notice due to the dark foam and black leather/alcantara. Once I shined a bright light on the ear openings, I could see the perforations on both sets. I guess I rate about a 9.9 on the Dumb-Schiit-O-Meter. :face_palm:

Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

P.S.- But I would like to see if Meze could come up with some pad variations for different sound signatures...

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #1,767 of 12,974
Since ordering my Meze audio Empyrean headphones I'm completely grey, I never had one grey hair before the order
You need to "RELAX" I'm pretty sure you will not regret buying these headphones lol.

Dec 10, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #1,769 of 12,974
I know mate, it's just a pair of headphones, I've lost 2 stone as well, not stressing as much as hi-fiearspeakers though, he lost all his hair, joke
You guys will be just fine, I believe once I finally land a pair I'll be fine too. I'm almost certain they will be badass!.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back