Meze Audio LIRIC - The portable isodynamic hybrid array headphone
Jun 16, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #1,261 of 1,495
Also, what (if any) EQ-settings are you using on M2?
I’ll recheck but I believe I’m running 0, +2, 0, and -4 on the four EQ settings on the Mojo2 with the Liric and that is working for me. Tones down the (in my view) overly present and splashy treble in the mix and brings the middle/upper base up just enough.

Jun 21, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #1,262 of 1,495
My first pair of Liric had some paint damage and I had them returned. But aside from that, the build quality was outstanding. Second pair had no problems.
Got my third Liric pair today. Similar scuff marks like you have on both cups. There is something wrong with production process of this headphone - unacceptable qc / finishing quality for a luxury product. @MezeTeam care to comment?

Jun 26, 2023 at 6:30 AM Post #1,263 of 1,495
Got my third Liric pair today. Similar scuff marks like you have on both cups. There is something wrong with production process of this headphone - unacceptable qc / finishing quality for a luxury product. @MezeTeam care to comment?
Hi there,

We truly apologize for this inconvenience. We assure you we are doing everything in our power to detect how and where did the blemishes occur and correct the issue as soon as possible.

We advise you to contact your local distributor as we are currently sending you a brand-new replacement Liric unit. Feel free to contact us if you have any further problems.

Thank you!

Meze Audio Design. Comfort. Sound. True audio. Stay updated on Meze Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/mezeaudio https://twitter.com/mezeaudio https://www.instagram.com/mezeaudio/ https://www.mezeaudio.com/ marketing@mezeaudio.com
Jul 28, 2023 at 2:10 AM Post #1,266 of 1,495
What dongle DACs have been successful with these headphones? I have an Apple dongle and an Anker 3.5 dongle. I would like for something to have a bit more power and work well with my Lirics. Any suggestions?
You will need to consider upper tier stuff for the Liric. The pair extremely well with the iFi Go bar and the Cayin RU7 (and RU6).

Jul 28, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #1,267 of 1,495
You will need to consider upper tier stuff for the Liric. The pair extremely well with the iFi Go bar and the Cayin RU7 (and RU6).
Thanks for the tip. Both of these look like portable DACs, but they aren’t quite what I had in mind when thinking dongle. Perhaps it is too naive to think a smaller dongle can be superb? Thankfully the dongles I have can produce music and may just have to suffice if an increase in audio quality and power requires a significant size increase of the DAC. I am just walking back and forth from work.

Jul 28, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #1,268 of 1,495
Thanks for the tip. Both of these look like portable DACs, but they aren’t quite what I had in mind when thinking dongle. Perhaps it is too naive to think a smaller dongle can be superb? Thankfully the dongles I have can produce music and may just have to suffice if an increase in audio quality and power requires a significant size increase of the DAC. I am just walking back and forth from work.
These are already small dongles. 🤔

Jul 28, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #1,269 of 1,495
Question for all of you with personal experience with the Liric. I am an IEM user. Current favorite is Empire Ears Legend Evo's. Great all around sound with very impactful bass. My only experience with over ear headphones was a pair of Focal Celestee. Bass was disappointing with them. I have been wanting to try the Liric for a long time. My question is about the lower frequencies. Does the bass have good weight and impact? With my current IEM I can feel the bass. It doesn't overwhelm anything else but it hits. I am not a bass head but I like my bass solid. Will I be disappointed with the Liric? I listen mainly to hard rock but my musical taste is all over the spectrum. My source is an iBasso DX300 with Amp12 card. I appreciate any input. Thank you.

Jul 28, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #1,271 of 1,495
The Liric is considered easy to drive but it needs current. Smaller DAC dongles don't meet neither power requirements nor sound quality standards.

Jul 28, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #1,272 of 1,495
Question for all of you with personal experience with the Liric. I am an IEM user. Current favorite is Empire Ears Legend Evo's. Great all around sound with very impactful bass. My only experience with over ear headphones was a pair of Focal Celestee. Bass was disappointing with them. I have been wanting to try the Liric for a long time. My question is about the lower frequencies. Does the bass have good weight and impact? With my current IEM I can feel the bass. It doesn't overwhelm anything else but it hits. I am not a bass head but I like my bass solid. Will I be disappointed with the Liric? I listen mainly to hard rock but my musical taste is all over the spectrum. My source is an iBasso DX300 with Amp12 card. I appreciate any input. Thank you.
Hi,
I currently use the Odin. With this iem, I can feel the bass rumble from certain songs.
My closed hp is Liric. Bass is there but it doesn't rumble like the Odin.
I listened to rock as well, like it.
I have couple amps to go with.
ALO Studio Six tube amp, WA6SE tube amp, Hifiman EF400 SS amp/dac, DX220MAX, and DX300MAX Ti.
DX300MAX SS, maybe to repair later.
Not a bass head, but I like quality bass from DX300MAX Ti.
I think Liric, it's good with your DX300 DAP......May want to EQ treble down a little bit then perfect for closed hp.

Good luck.

Aug 2, 2023 at 11:35 PM Post #1,273 of 1,495
The Liric is considered easy to drive but it needs current. Smaller DAC dongles don't meet neither power requirements nor sound quality standards.
I chose the ifi Go Bar and picked up a balanced cable from Meze to pair with it. I will keep my eye out for the RU7 used to give it a go, as I am intrigued by its DSD upsampling and am a fan of DSD. Thanks again for the suggestions!

Aug 3, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #1,274 of 1,495
Hi there,
does anyone have experience with the Dekoni Sheepskin Ear Pads?

liric-sk-1024x646.png

Aug 3, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #1,275 of 1,495
The iFi Go Link may work out for you, it's far more portable than having a dongle AND adapter to carry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back