MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Oct 6, 2022 at 8:18 PM Post #3,226 of 5,622
Happy to report my new to me Elites sound sick. Compared to my 4z, slightly (I mean slightly) less bass depth but extremely detailed sub into mid-bass. Yes. Mids to die for. I think better than 4z there. Into the treble, beautiful musical sparkly airiness I have been craving for so long. Such a beautiful musical presentation! Oh and now I get the sound stage thing. There is stage! Hallelujah. Comfortable beyond belief. I reckon these are keepers for sure.
Congrats! Don't forget to try both sets of earpads to see which flavor you prefer.

Oct 6, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #3,227 of 5,622
Happy to report my new to me Elites sound sick. Compared to my 4z, slightly (I mean slightly) less bass depth but extremely detailed sub into mid-bass. Yes. Mids to die for. I think better than 4z there. Into the treble, beautiful musical sparkly airiness I have been craving for so long. Such a beautiful musical presentation! Oh and now I get the sound stage thing. There is stage! Hallelujah. Comfortable beyond belief. I reckon these are keepers for sure.
sick, I am sorry to hear that..do they need a doctor?

Oct 6, 2022 at 8:29 PM Post #3,228 of 5,622
Well perhaps I should have stated differently: just superlative. With minimal listening time so far, just amazed at what I am hearing. And the comfort is so welcome. I love these things! Synergy with Ares II dac, GSX Mini, all work so well together. For the relatively modest capital outlay comparatively, just ecstatic. A person could do an awful lot worse I can tell you that for sure...

Oct 6, 2022 at 8:34 PM Post #3,229 of 5,622
Well perhaps I should have stated differently: just superlative. With minimal listening time so far, just amazed at what I am hearing. And the comfort is so welcome. I love these things! Synergy with Ares II dac, GSX Mini, all work so well together. For the relatively modest capital outlay comparatively, just ecstatic. A person could do an awful lot worse I can tell you that for sure...
Fantastic! They really are a marvel, IMO.
You mentioned the comfort. They are ridiculously comfortable. I can wear mine for hours and they don't bother me. Nothing I've worn comes close to the comfort of the Elite.

Oct 6, 2022 at 10:14 PM Post #3,230 of 5,622
Yeah, I think the aspect of these cans that I'm most impressed with is the soundstage. I actually think the Elites have the best soundstage overall out of all headphones. The HD 800s is slightly wider, but man the sounds on these cans feel like they floating around your head, I can't really explain it... man it's so freaking wild/amazing at the same time. With some tracks you literally forget you're wearing headphones lol.

Oct 6, 2022 at 10:26 PM Post #3,231 of 5,622
Listening to different genres and checked out Jeff Buckley Hallelujah and OMG just completely different with sound stage. Sounded good on the 4z, but on Elite just really different in a good way. May be a late night tonight listening to stuff.

Oct 7, 2022 at 12:18 AM Post #3,233 of 5,622
Okay guys, this is my last rant point, but I think I'm officially done taking any HIFI reviewers seriously. For all the people complaining about lack of resolution, tonality, etc. on these headphones basically are just complaining about the stock tuning of these headphones. If any of these reviewers bothered to add a high shelf filter to the Elites, even just a decibel or two, they'd hear that the detail pops out just as much as any other TOTL headphone. But nope, we just have to find a way to bash Meze I guess :dt880smile:.

Oct 7, 2022 at 12:24 AM Post #3,234 of 5,622
My ears be telling me "not to worry, these sound damned fine, just cue up the tunes and keep on groovin". I hear no need to EQ at all. Personally... and definitely by far the best sounding headphones I have ever heard.

Oct 7, 2022 at 2:30 AM Post #3,235 of 5,622
I've had my Elites for a year now and I still love them just as much as I did when they first arrived. I get within an inch of buy another TOTL and then change my mind after listening to them again. I guess once I have spare cash, no DIY, cameras (work) or other bits and bobs then I'll add another pair but the Meze Elites will never be sold.

Oct 8, 2022 at 5:44 AM Post #3,236 of 5,622
Anyone here have experience comparing the Elite with the Abyss Diana?
I have briefly compared at a dealer's showroom, in Round 1 of a mini shootout between Diana V2, Elite, 8000Pro, Susvara, LCD-5 and my own HEKse.

The Diana was easily the worst performer in this group - it just sounded a bit hollow and artificial. To be fair, it was fairly new in stock and had not received the full burn-in period that the dealer normally gives to all his demo products. To to be truly fair, I should have given Diana another chance in Round 2... but I didn't bother because I didn't like it for other reasons...

I hated the comfort of the original Diana's thin, firm and clampy pads. Since then, the pads seem to have progressively grown with each new model. The V2 pads are much bigger than the original and are reasonably comfortable. But that extra size has IMO messed up the original slim and stylish design. This is a very personal view, but it just looks out of proportion now, and I knew that would forever slightly irritate me.

The second issue is carried over from the original Diana headband design: There is very little freedom of movement on one plane, for me resulting in the pressure being higher on the top of the pad then on the bottom. I couldn't adjust this and I knew that it would forever slightly irritate me.

So the Diana V2 was the first to fall in Round 1. YMMV, as some people love them.
It was in Round 2 that I chose the Elites.

If you're looking for a worthy alternative to the Elites, then I suggest you try the HEKse (or the older HEK V2 at its current heavily discounted price).
I'll be elaborating on the pros and cons of these two in due course.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2022 at 8:19 AM Post #3,238 of 5,622

Attachments

• IMG_20221008_081618588_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221008_081618588_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back