MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Dec 10, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #1,411 of 5,622
Nope, I live in a small place haha. So headphone is my only way to enjoy nice sound. I'm fan of Sonus Faber and ATC speaker though.

I'm familiar with Dave, but this is the first time running Elite through it. Definitely a chord sound. Fluid, organic, nice brilliance presence, tighter bass than TT2. I notice a little hardness in midrange-treble area, but Dave does treble better than TT2 as well. TT2 has more "warm" in a nice way for midrange area that I really like.

Dave does soundstage more accurately, more precise and bigger imaging. Detail also more pronounce, but never felt like being forced or unnatural.

Actually I also tried Elite through Hugo 2 for 2 days, I think the pairing sounds a bit too dry for my self. Lack of emotive feel, and soundstage being narrow. Great to use because I can use them on my bed though, which is way more comfy than my chair.

Sounds about right. When I move between H2 & TT2 it's obvious the soundstage is reduced and the overall feel is not as organic... especially via USB. When I go to dual BNC with HQPlayer, it evens it up a bit. Sounds a bit more fluid, less edge... more smoothness. It still can't match the TT2 for the that feeling of air, space around you with the Elites. H2 + HQP Closed-Form-M with NS9 @ 24/384 sounds very good though. Prefer Sinc-Mx + LNS15 @24/768 on the TT2.

Dec 10, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #1,414 of 5,622
Is that Greek, or Geek? I don't recognize that language.
Lol... just a couple of filter settings for HQPlayer... so it would be geek :dt880smile:

Dec 11, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #1,418 of 5,622
Sorry, I only speak Elite language.

2021_1211_13423800.jpg

Dec 11, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #1,420 of 5,622
Dec 11, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #1,421 of 5,622
Dec 11, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #1,422 of 5,622
Yes, what an outstanding pairing!
Much love indeed

Tempted to make it a permanent pairing then?
I already put the calculation, for the price difference between Dave and TT2, I able to acquire 2 summit fi headphones. Currently I only own Elite, so I think better move is to collect more headphones.

However, this opinion based on I haven't heard TT2 again since few days ago. Hopefully not much of "bad surprise" happen on Tuesday when I listen back with TT2 :L3000:

Dave indeed is more "tiring" with most of pop songs, but deliver more "complete" emotion with great recording songs.

Dec 11, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #1,423 of 5,622
Much love indeed

I already put the calculation, for the price difference between Dave and TT2, I able to acquire 2 summit fi headphones. Currently I only own Elite, so I think better move is to collect more headphones.

However, this opinion based on I haven't heard TT2 again since few days ago. Hopefully not much of "bad surprise" happen on Tuesday when I listen back with TT2 :L3000:

Dave indeed is more "tiring" with most of pop songs, but deliver more "complete" emotion with great recording songs.

Very interesting indeed. I listen to quite a variety of music through the day... and more often than not, most days, it's for 6-7 hours at a time. One of the reasons I loved the Meze Empyrean & now the Elites is that they are completely non fatiguing. Entertaining but never tiring. Maybe the TT2 is the sweet spot?!? I can hear my wallet heaving a sigh of relief 😂... apart from the idea of more headphones (which does sound good).

Dec 11, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #1,424 of 5,622
Very interesting indeed. I listen to quite a variety of music through the day... and more often than not, most days, it's for 6-7 hours at a time. One of the reasons I loved the Meze Empyrean & now the Elites is that they are completely non fatiguing. Entertaining but never tiring. Maybe the TT2 is the sweet spot?!? I can hear my wallet heaving a sigh of relief 😂... apart from the idea of more headphones (which does sound good).
I used to own the TT2 with the Empyrean and indeed this is a spectacular combo.
That said, for half the price of the TT2 you can obtain pretty decent DAC/amp combinations nowadays.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #1,425 of 5,622
While most EU retailers are happy to move on RRP, almost none of the UK retailers are willing to do so. Eventually I found one who is happy to give a few £100 discount, but the general impression is that most UK retailers are adamant and rather cocky when it comes to negotiations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back