MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Dec 7, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #1,381 of 5,659
Well you could own both speaker pairs and use a power amp with A/B zones to switch between them.

However it does get more complicated with more than two.
And a lot more complicated with speaker placement

The final line is the main problem, in most case, two speaker of similar size will fight for the same sweat spot in speaker placement. If you place two speaker close to each other, the extra boxes will affect the acoustic noticeably.

Yes, how about 10 headphones in my drawer waiting for swapping at any time? :wink:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 7, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #1,382 of 5,659
The final line is the main problem, in most case, two speaker of similar size will fight for the same sweat spot in speaker placement. If you place two speaker close to each other, the extra boxes will affect the acoustic noticeably.

Yes, how about 10 headphones in my drawer waiting for swapping at any time? :wink:
How do you decide which ones to listen to?
I have "only" 4 headphones and sometimes think that they don't receive the playtime they deserve

Dec 7, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #1,383 of 5,659
How do you decide which ones to listen to?
I have "only" 4 headphones and sometimes think that they don't receive the playtime they deserve

Actually, I just counted, I have 21 headphones: 11 dynamics, 8 planar, 2 electrostatic,
Better run before you ask more questions.
:darthsmile: :o2smile::k701smile::gs1000smile::L3000:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 7, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #1,384 of 5,659
Actually, I just counted, I have 21 headphones: 11 dynamics, 8 planar, 2 electrostatic,
The collectors spirit is strong in you :wink:

Dec 7, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #1,385 of 5,659
You've now just obligated yourself to provide a ranking of all your headphones.

Dec 7, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #1,387 of 5,659
Has anyone tried Elite new hybrid pads on Empyrean and can share their experience. Thanks
I have a review here . I've been using the hybrid since I got them

edit: adding this post by @ThanatosVI . I also agree that there's more soundstage with the hybrids. I just swapped back to the leather pads to test again. I still overall prefer the sound with the hybrid.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #1,389 of 5,659
I am really, really enjoying these headphones. I like them a lot more than I liked my susvara the sound is so addicting! Does anyone have any recommendation for amps/dacs that pair well with these? I sold my denafrips dac and my amp that powered my susvara recently so right now I'm just using an ifi black label. The black label drives it fine and it sounds great but was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions. I was looking at the woo audio wa8 which I used to have and enjoyed or the wa11 maybe.

Dec 8, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #1,391 of 5,659
I've had my elites for a couple weeks now and I'm loving them a lot just out of the box. Has anyone tried to EQ them at all? I'd be interested to know if anyone was able to improve on what is already really good.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #1,392 of 5,659
I've had my elites for a couple weeks now and I'm loving them a lot just out of the box. Has anyone tried to EQ them at all? I'd be interested to know if anyone was able to improve on what is already really good.
I added a bass shelf of 3db at 100 hz. Nice improvement to the Alcantra pads. For the hybrids the bass boost isn't really necessary.
I am really, really enjoying these headphones. I like them a lot more than I liked my susvara the sound is so addicting! Does anyone have any recommendation for amps/dacs that pair well with these? I sold my denafrips dac and my amp that powered my susvara recently so right now I'm just using an ifi black label. The black label drives it fine and it sounds great but was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions. I was looking at the woo audio wa8 which I used to have and enjoyed or the wa11 maybe.
I agree. I also have the Susvaras, and while they're technically superior, I actually enjoy listening to the Elites a lot more. Listening on a GS-X mini and am very happy.

Dec 8, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #1,393 of 5,659
I agree. I also have the Susvaras, and while they're technically superior, I actually enjoy listening to the Elites a lot more. Listening on a GS-X mini and am very happy.
How does the Susvara compare sound-wise? I've never had the chance to listen to it, so I'm curious. And what about the Elite do you enjoy more than the Susvara?

Dec 8, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #1,394 of 5,659
Just a little report, actually due to some case, my Elite got swapped to a brand new unit. My previous unit was around 150 hrs burned in.

The brand new unit, out of the box, noticeable more "boxy" sounding, no pun intended. Bass is more bloom, narrower imaging, and treble not as silky as smooth. I don't think I need to brain "burn in", so most of these difference in sound supposed to be from driver/cable burn in.

Dec 9, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #1,395 of 5,659
They do seem to get better over time... like the Empyrean but with a better starting point.

I just love the Elites... sound amazing. I wear them while I work and I'm just glad I work for myself at home... they'd be no good in the workplace (excluding the obvious sound leakage)... I'd be constantly embarrassing myself with impromptu desk dancing :dt880smile: it's a 70s & 80s day today!:L3000:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back