MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Dec 11, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #1,426 of 5,658
I used to own the TT2 with the Empyrean and indeed this is a spectacular combo.
That said, for half the price of the TT2 you can obtain pretty decent DAC/amp combinations nowadays.
True... at the moment the TT2 is paired with the Etude which is a great match for my 2 channel system as well as being a great headphone DAC.

If I was going to move away from the current setup, it would probably be a one box streamer/dac + actives. The Mola Mola Tambqui DAC was a pointed out to me recently... something like that or equivalent would be interesting. Few boxes better quality?!? more headphones 🤔 That's the way I'd go.

Dec 11, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #1,428 of 5,658
TT2 owners — I assume it has enough Juice to power the elites without a separate amp?
Oh yeah. Sounds terrific straight out the TT2 via 6.35.

The Hugo 2 sounds good with them... but the TT2, a lot better!

Dec 11, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #1,431 of 5,658
Dec 11, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #1,433 of 5,658
So...I have the Dark Mystery plugged into my original Kann, equipped with two Micron 1tb MicroSD cards, through Meze silver upgrade cable 4.4 and PW adapter. I have to say so comfortable and sounds just fabulous. As soon as I finish loading all the new songs on the SP2K I'll try that one too. 20211211_223417.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2021 at 11:00 PM Post #1,434 of 5,658
OK, I will say that I like the SP2K a little better and It has a couple other advantages, Roon ready, lots of storage. But my main point especially with the Kann is that one does not NEED the latest and greatest to make the Elite sound good. And since the Kann has twice the storage capacity of any other portable DAP I know of ( ok the DX120 and that Pioneer thing) it will get plenty of use.

Dec 12, 2021 at 12:17 AM Post #1,435 of 5,658
Very interesting indeed. I listen to quite a variety of music through the day... and more often than not, most days, it's for 6-7 hours at a time. One of the reasons I loved the Meze Empyrean & now the Elites is that they are completely non fatiguing. Entertaining but never tiring. Maybe the TT2 is the sweet spot?!? I can hear my wallet heaving a sigh of relief 😂... apart from the idea of more headphones (which does sound good).

Keep in note that I'm a bit overly sensitive when we talk about "fatigue" effect. I managed listen to Dave last night for about 4-5 hours. Felt slight "pressure fatigue" but nowhere become deal breaker. While with TT2 I never experienced it, but Dave deliver more detail as well. So it's a fair give and take.

I used to own the TT2 with the Empyrean and indeed this is a spectacular combo.
That said, for half the price of the TT2 you can obtain pretty decent DAC/amp combinations nowadays.
I found that Topping D90SE with Singxer SA-1 are really hard to beat when we consider strong value/performance.

Dec 12, 2021 at 3:23 AM Post #1,436 of 5,658
A bit off topic, sorry, but I’m fascinated by this idea of listening to music 5 or 6 hours per day, even consecutively: how could you properly listen for such a long time? I mean, listening, especially with such expensive gears requires a lot of focus and attention, or it becomes a background. I don’t have even 5 hours to dedicate to this hobby! For me it’s about getting a good hour or so, giving my whole attention to what I listen, away from noise and distractions….and after an hour I need a break! My ears are not getting tired, but my brain is!
I might open a specific topic on this

Dec 12, 2021 at 3:32 AM Post #1,437 of 5,658
I'm an illustrator photographer. I love listening to music that inspires, motivates and... basically, drives a bit of adrenaline through the veins. It shows in your work as you get into the flow.

It's not critical listening for a full 6-7 hours... but I do admit, I have been distracted on a few occasions by certain tracks that I just have to stop and listen to. But, I'm my own boss so if I want to skive for a few minuets, what the hell..... just don't tell the missus 😂

Dec 12, 2021 at 4:19 AM Post #1,438 of 5,658
A bit off topic, sorry, but I’m fascinated by this idea of listening to music 5 or 6 hours per day, even consecutively: how could you properly listen for such a long time? I mean, listening, especially with such expensive gears requires a lot of focus and attention, or it becomes a background. I don’t have even 5 hours to dedicate to this hobby! For me it’s about getting a good hour or so, giving my whole attention to what I listen, away from noise and distractions….and after an hour I need a break! My ears are not getting tired, but my brain is!
I might open a specific topic on this
I have the ability to do 4 hours some sessions, I go with the hybrid pads on those for critical listening the whole time. It’s almost like yoga to me, no phone no nothing, just escaping the world.

I’d say I don’t need a break just because I use the moon 430had, which I can dial in the perfect volume for me resulting in near zero fatigue.

5+ hour days that’s usually background listening, I just use alcentra pads.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2021 at 4:20 AM Post #1,439 of 5,658
Anyone have experience with the corpse cable gravedigger?

Dec 12, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #1,440 of 5,658
A bit off topic, sorry, but I’m fascinated by this idea of listening to music 5 or 6 hours per day, even consecutively: how could you properly listen for such a long time?
We just schnep it in our minds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back