MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Sep 15, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #601 of 5,614
From the invoice. It's very clearly an Elite. The dealer was very clear about it in all our communications.
It's true, the "Dark Mistery" has the Elite technology inside. It is a custom edition, made in collaboration with our German distributor and solely dedicated to the German market.

Meze Audio Design. Comfort. Sound. True audio. Stay updated on Meze Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/mezeaudio https://twitter.com/mezeaudio https://www.instagram.com/mezeaudio/ https://www.mezeaudio.com/ marketing@mezeaudio.com
Sep 15, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #602 of 5,614
What I do know is I need a better cable than the stock one that come with the Elites, haha!
For this purpose, take a look at the FAW Noir Hybrid.

Not overly, nonsensically (except their own wallet imo) priced high-end cable and really worth for what you get.
Not necessary to raise the bar that high (>500) for a cable. ^^

But that's just my opinion. :wink:
Don't want to discuss this point in audio, though.

Sep 15, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #603 of 5,614
I don't even understand how a 4k iem/HP doesn't come with a first class cable.

We're not asking for a 1k cable, but at least a cable that can bring out the best in the device.

I can't even tell you my frustration trying to find some good upgrade cables for a Final Audio D8000 without shelling out $600. Thankfully there are options but it's very annoying.

Meze are also not the only ones, a lot of stock cables are terrible. The 64 Audio iem cable might take the crown for worst stock cable in a luxury item.
Not in opposition to you, but I'm not sure where I stand on that one.

I like what's offered in the aftermarket from specialty cable companies from cosmetic, functional, and sonic perspectives, and I have yet to be impressed by any manufacturer's included cables.

I guess I'm on the same page about the point, but my expectations have already been conditioned to where I don't bother thinking about it.

I realize Focal, Abyss, and whoever have OK stock cables, but not leading ones, and that's what we're talking about.

As for accessories, there are a bunch of companies that offer decent packages, and Meze seems to be among them, minus the "only 1 cable". That's fine for me, likely because of my first point.

One thing I do look forward to is trying (via adapters) my JPS Superconductor on either the OG Empyreans or the Elites once I get them. It might be a total mismatch, but it's a good cable and should be fun.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #604 of 5,614
There is no need to wait, there is a great alternative.
Lavricables Grand 20 core silver
That’s what I did because that Trevor is clearly overwhelmed and it takes forever for him to get his products to you, don’t get me wrong good guy but very overwhelmed, after purchasing one set of cables from him was enough for me, Lavicable Grand was the way I went After that.

Sep 15, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #605 of 5,614
That’s what I did because that Trevor is clearly overwhelmed and it takes forever for him to get his products to you, don’t get me wrong good guy but very overwhelmed, after purchasing one set of cables from him was enough for me, Lavicable Grand was the way I went After that.
Yes. He must be busy. I attempted to contact him through the form on the web site a few days ago, and he has not yet responded.

Sep 15, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #606 of 5,614
Trevor is clearly overwhelmed and it takes forever for him to get his products to you, Lavicable Grand was the way I went After that.
I originally wanted to place an order with Trevor. I needed to clarify the details. After half a year, he did not answer me.

I wanted to improve detail, sub bass, space between instruments Meze Empyrean.
My choice was Lavicable. Communication (consultation) was at the highest level. All the nuances were immediately agreed upon and as a result I got what I was looking for.
IRight now I am listening to Meze Empyrean am very pleased with their sound. I cannot say that I am missing something in this sound. I can hear music.
Lavicable - 100% sound hit on the target.

Sep 15, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #607 of 5,614
With Focal Clear Mg pro or non pro version we get an excellent carrying case and an assortment of cables or extra pads depending on the version.

With Sennheiser IE900 we get three cables and a nice case.

etc
I have the OG focal clear and the stock cables are horribly stiff. When I read about how terrible the focal cables are in some audio related Facebook groups, I thought they were over exaggerating. I even asked some users why they were using some cheap 60-70$ cables from the likes of hart audio. But after receiving my Clear silver, the reason became obvious. The 2* long cables are annoying in a desktop PC, gets in the way of using keyboard. I would choose my old Hifiman arya's cheap looking soft cable over the focal ones even though the focal cables have very high quality and matching connectors that look very premium.

While it's true that at least one upgrade cable should be available with Meze empyrean and elite for the asking price, the stock cables are clearly more usable than stiff cables of clear and the tangly mess of Hifiman Susvara and 1000SE (hospital tube like crap). I am at least happy that I could get 2* very good quality meze upgrade cable from the distributor without waiting for months to get them prepared (like Norne). Brands like Audeze will never give such quality cable for only 420$ which is charged by Meze for their silver plated copper cable.

Sep 15, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #608 of 5,614
I have the OG focal clear and the stock cables are horribly stiff. When I read about how terrible the focal cables are in some audio related Facebook groups, I thought they were over exaggerating. I even asked some users why they were using some cheap 60-70$ cables from the likes of hart audio. But after receiving my Clear silver, the reason became obvious. The 2* long cables are annoying in a desktop PC, gets in the way of using keyboard. I would choose my old Hifiman arya's cheap looking soft cable over the focal ones even though the focal cables have very high quality and matching connectors that look very premium.

While it's true that at least one upgrade cable should be available with Meze empyrean and elite for the asking price, the stock cables are clearly more usable than stiff cables of clear and the tangly mess of Hifiman Susvara and 1000SE (hospital tube like crap). I am at least happy that I could get 2* very good quality meze upgrade cable from the distributor without waiting for months to get them prepared (like Norne). Brands like Audeze will never give such quality cable for only 420$ which is charged by Meze for their silver plated copper cable.

I hate to tell you this, but Focal cables really should be burned in...
a diesel fire.

Otherwise, I completely agree with you there.

Sep 15, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #610 of 5,614
I don't even understand how a 4k iem/HP doesn't come with a first class cable.

We're not asking for a 1k cable, but at least a cable that can bring out the best in the device.

I can't even tell you my frustration trying to find some good upgrade cables for a Final Audio D8000 without shelling out $600. Thankfully there are options but it's very annoying.

Meze are also not the only ones, a lot of stock cables are terrible. The 64 Audio iem cable might take the crown for worst stock cable in a luxury item.
I have a New Complete D8000 / Pro Silver cable from Final for sale in the classifieds, very cheap, nowhere near $600. I bought it for an incoming set of D8000 but they had a clicking issue in one of the drivers and have to get repaired so I am not keeping them. Please someone buy this cable?!

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 2:09 AM Post #611 of 5,614
For those of you guys who upgraded from the empyrean to the elite, could you describe the difference in sound when those two are compared?

I like the smooth and warm sound of my empy, but sometime I wish Iit had a bit more soundstage and details...

Sep 16, 2021 at 2:29 AM Post #612 of 5,614
For those of you guys who upgraded from the empyrean to the elite, could you describe the difference in sound when those two are compared?

I like the smooth and warm sound of my empy, but sometime I wish Iit had a bit more soundstage and details...
If you want to do go back a few pages in this thread you will find what you are looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back