MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Sep 14, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #571 of 5,627
I believe you, but the dealer is nowhere clear about it, hence the question. At least if we're talking about the same dealer: Headphone Shop in Germany.

I was just wondering because the Phoenix version of the Empyrean was also announced just few months ago, had a very similar paint job and still sells for $4000 on the Meze website. So technically, Phoenix owners paid Elite prices for an Empyrean, and I seriously doubt they are going to be very happy about it, $1000 into the bin.
The Elite special edition version looks boring to me and not like the red coating at all. I love my Empy Phonix, so may be 1k for the bin but I really like looking at it, makes me happy.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #572 of 5,627
I believe you, but the dealer is nowhere clear about it, hence the question. At least if we're talking about the same dealer: Headphone Shop in Germany.

I was just wondering because the Phoenix version of the Empyrean was also announced just few months ago, had a very similar paint job and still sells for $4000 on the Meze website. So technically, Phoenix owners paid Elite prices for an Empyrean, and I seriously doubt they are going to be very happy about it, $1000 into the bin.

From the invoice. It's very clearly an Elite. The dealer was very clear about it in all our communications.

You can also see the upgrade cable that comes with it as a default.

I love the colour scheme, it's understated but elegant, and it's hand painted art decorating the wondeful frame. The best colour scheme I have seen for Empy/Elite. To my own taste obviously.

Note also that dark mystery is more expensive than the Phoenix, which is an Empyrean.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210914-230426_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210914-230426_Drive.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 0
Sep 14, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #573 of 5,627
At least they give you the upgraded cable with the Dark Mystery. So all in all, the custom color scheme is costing an additional $500.

Not sure if the Phoenix included an upgraded cable. If it didn't, then this edition would appear to be a better value. Of course this doesn't factor in tuning preferences for a given buyer.

Sep 14, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #574 of 5,627
At least they give you the upgraded cable with the Dark Mystery. So all in all, the custom color scheme is costing an additional $500.

Not sure if the Phoenix included an upgraded cable. If it didn't, then this edition would appear to be a better value. Of course this doesn't factor in tuning preferences for a given buyer.

It's actually overall pretty good value compared to the standard Elite too. You pay ~$500 more and get the custom colour and the upgrade cable I believe.

Obviously "good value" is all relative and at those prices.

Sep 14, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #575 of 5,627
In this video from Meze, they showcase some test styles and types for the Empyrean's. The chrome for the Elite is there as well, back then it was just a color test it seems. But they also show an engraved one, with chrome coloring. Had they done that with the Elite (who knows, might be a future limited Elite) would have been the selling point for me personally. It looks elegant and beautiful and the chrome isn't so in your face as much anymore.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #576 of 5,627
Not to start a cable debt, but is anyone using an aftermarket cable with the Elites?

Sep 14, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #577 of 5,627
Not to start a cable debt, but is anyone using an aftermarket cable with the Elites?
I will be using the Norne Silvergarde S4 8-wire and Meze silver upgrade cable.

Sep 14, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #578 of 5,627
In this video from Meze, they showcase some test styles and types for the Empyrean's. The chrome for the Elite is there as well, back then it was just a color test it seems. But they also show an engraved one, with chrome coloring. Had they done that with the Elite (who knows, might be a future limited Elite) would have been the selling point for me personally. It looks elegant and beautiful and the chrome isn't so in your face as much anymore.

Pretty cool, maybe it will come at some point. It seemed quite prominent in their display. Some stills from the vid attached.

The closed back concept needs work. Doesn't look good imo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210914-234030_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210914-234030_Instagram.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20210914-233957_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210914-233957_Instagram.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 0
Sep 14, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #579 of 5,627
Pretty cool, maybe it will come at some point. It seemed quite prominent in their display. Some stills from the vid attached.

Damn those are beautiful

Sep 14, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #580 of 5,627

I have a silver cable that I got from Reece at Sky Audio Cables, was using it with Empy and it was vastly superior to the stock (non upgrade) cable. Unbelievable value.

I just haven't found it in myself yet to pay 500 for a cable...

Sep 14, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #581 of 5,627

No kidding, those look amazing!

I have a silver cable that I got from Reece at Sky Audio Cables, was using it with Empy and it was vastly superior to the stock (non upgrade) cable. Unbelievable value.

I just haven't found it in myself yet to pay 500 for a cable...
The S4 8-wire is a lot more that’ll that, lol.

I’ll probably try the Meze silver upgrade cable, but I prefer to find a used one.

Sep 14, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #582 of 5,627
Sep 14, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #583 of 5,627
The S4 8-wire is a lot more that’ll that, lol.

I'm sure it's amazing and I need to listen to see if I can hear a difference.

Last year I tried the MMR Thummim which came with a 1k cable and while it was great it wasn't day and night compared to my $100 CEMA cable.

Maybe HPs are different though.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #584 of 5,627
I'm sure it's amazing and I need to listen to see if I can hear a difference.

Last year I tried the MMR Thummim which came with a 1k cable and while it wa great it wasn't day and night compared to my $100 CEMA cable.

Maybe HPs are different though.
Cables are the cherry on the icing. Really only worth it After the whole chain is complete.

Sep 14, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #585 of 5,627
Have the OG leather pads on. Say it thickens up bass but you sacrifice some holographic sound. The hybrids lack the thickness in bass but still gives loud smack. Hybrids create more open sound. The alacantra is best as in between both hybrid and leather.
16316630216555289330494627720514.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back