MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Sep 17, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #631 of 5,631
At those price points, at least they shouldn't be that ugly, of the High End headphones, Abbys are the worst looking ones. Also those need a perfect seal, if you have a little "hole" in the earpads they will touch the magnets and create noise.
Wow! This is something I should have known before. The Abyss shouldn't even be out there if they're made like that.

:~P

Sep 17, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #632 of 5,631
Wow! This is something I should have known before. The Abyss shouldn't even be out there if they're made like that.
:~P
Well, and it is not true, I have no idea what the poster is talking about.

Haha, this all started since I said the Empy is polarizing, only comparable to Abyss TC :). Both are fantastic but often criticized for whatever.

I suggest to go back to the Elite. Any more long term insights after a few days. New comparisons to OG Empy?

Sep 17, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #633 of 5,631
Actually they receiced also a lot of flak earlier.
Even though rarely about the sound.

Things like,
- fit on the head Is hard to get right (apparently this was improved with a Revision?)
- Butt ugly
- Weak midrange (the only Bad thing about sound but was claimed quite often)
- measures horrible (lol who cares)
Totally agree on this just cannot get myself wearing those. I can imagine my family laughing everytime see me wearing the torture device.😅

Attachments

• Frank_edit_139023395054306.jpg
    Frank_edit_139023395054306.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 0
Sep 17, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #634 of 5,631
This is just silly You have zero clue what you are talking about which is very problematic.
Well a lot of people have "disagree" points of their check list with Abyss, Uglyness, confortness, some don't even like the sound signature of abbys, and the list goes on.

My point is, there's no perfect headphone, and that's why you have to read lots of people to see if the headphones, in this case the elite, are going to be your your ears instead of getting dust.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #635 of 5,631
Totally agree on this just cannot get myself wearing those. I can imagine my family laughing everytime see me wearing the torture device.😅
I love the looks of the 1266. I'm honestly sad they didn't go all the way with the ruggedness for the cables and pads and all. I love heavy-duty and industrial-looking products. Based on my personal opinion alone I can confidently state the looks as well depend on individual tastes and choices.

Never having heard them, I can also just as confidently say that looks and sound aside, there are a plethora of other cons for me that far outweigh any pros (being looks first and foremost, then possibly sound). Looking like a "torture device" as you phrase it, also huge plus to me, currently my Classics and Empyrean hang on a double-ended noose, they will go perfect with the 1266, even more so if I have them on while donning my straitjacket.
Point_Blur_Sep152021_095540.jpg

I'm done talking, but the aforementioned should be enough of a glimpse of another human's approach to the very same cans. Very different background and priorities.

To get back on topic, the Elites feel a tad too much looks wise with the chrome. Had they had the grille copper like the OG Empyrean's or had them engraved as shown in a couple of the prior comments, that alone would have been a selling point for *me*. Sound is something I've been a tad more flexible with, not overly picky as I'm about enjoying the music. I got the OG without needing to "audition", that will guaranteed be the case for any future headphones I purchase. But unfortunately the looks turn me off too much, I know even if I like the sound I'll find a reason to not care enough to bother dumping money in it. Knowing somewhat what Meze might do, I look forward to an Elite color variation option in the future. Should that happen, my opinions will greatly change.

However, many dig the Elite look, some don't but for them it's ultimately about the sound, a headphone's main purpose is the sound, looks are based on others' perceptions of the cans, if you care about that then that's gonna naturally change how you make decisions and judgments. C'est La Vie, mate.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #636 of 5,631
I am sure Abyss is great and all but how about more Elite impressions?

Come through Elite owners, give us some more juicy bits. We are dying here waiting for more mature impressions 😁

I love the looks of the 1266. I'm honestly sad they didn't go all the way with the ruggedness for the cables and pads and all. I love heavy-duty and industrial-looking products. Based on my personal opinion alone I can confidently state the looks as well depend on individual tastes and choices.

Never having heard them, I can also just as confidently say that looks and sound aside, there are a plethora of other cons for me that far outweigh any pros (being looks first and foremost, then possibly sound). Looking like a "torture device" as you phrase it, also huge plus to me, currently my Classics and Empyrean hang on a double-ended noose, they will go perfect with the 1266, even more so if I have them on while donning my straitjacket.

I'm done talking, but the aforementioned should be enough of a glimpse of another human's approach to the very same cans. Very different background and priorities.

To get back on topic, the Elites feel a tad too much looks wise with the chrome. Had they had the grille copper like the OG Empyrean's or had them engraved as shown in a couple of the prior comments, that alone would have been a selling point for *me*. Sound is something I've been a tad more flexible with, not overly picky as I'm about enjoying the music. I got the OG without needing to "audition", that will guaranteed be the case for any future headphones I purchase. But unfortunately the looks turn me off too much, I know even if I like the sound I'll find a reason to not care enough to bother dumping money in it. Knowing somewhat what Meze might do, I look forward to an Elite color variation option in the future. Should that happen, my opinions will greatly change.

However, many dig the Elite look, some don't but for them it's ultimately about the sound, a headphone's main purpose is the sound, looks are based on others' perceptions of the cans, if you care about that then that's gonna naturally change how you make decisions and judgments. C'est La Vie, mate.

Did you consider the dark mystery special edition? Looks different and cool. If you're in Europe and thinking about an Elite it's interesting.

I don't dig the chrome look either. All OG Empy designs looked better IMO.

Sep 17, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #637 of 5,631
I have had the Elites since Sept 6th. I listen to them for hours everyday. They are as comfortable as everyone says they are. So comfortable that I have gone to sleep with them on. The tuning is surprisingly musical. There is, for me, enough bass. If you change the pads, you can get more bass. I listen to classical. If I start out a session with the Elites and don't switch over to other TOTL headphones I have, I do not feel like anything is missing. I admit that I am now surprised by how much I like these headphones. The are not the Susvara, but that is the point. They are unique, in that they present a smooth, comfortable "flavor" which I am liking quite a bit. They are easily driven, easily EQ'd. More often than not, I just put them on, select my playlist, and sit back and enjoy! Effortless is the special quality of the Elites. It took me awhile to come around to this view, but this is where I am today.

Sep 17, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #639 of 5,631
I have had the Elites since Sept 6th. I listen to them for hours everyday. They are as comfortable as everyone says they are. So comfortable that I have gone to sleep with them on. The tuning is surprisingly musical. There is, for me, enough bass. If you change the pads, you can get more bass. I listen to classical. If I start out a session with the Elites and don't switch over to other TOTL headphones I have, I do not feel like anything is missing. I admit that I am now surprised by how much I like these headphones. The are not the Susvara, but that is the point. They are unique, in that they present a smooth, comfortable "flavor" which I am liking quite a bit. They are easily driven, easily EQ'd. More often than not, I just put them on, select my playlist, and sit back and enjoy! Effortless is the special quality of the Elites. It took me awhile to come around to this view, but this is where I am today.
Love it. Thank you for sharing!

Keep it coming guys. Sharing is caring 😉

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #640 of 5,631
Thanks for sharing. Enjoyment-wise the Elite indeed seems like a more neutrally tuned Empyrean. What I am interested in is that how much more resolving the Elite is compared to the Empyrean? (Versus the Empyrean with an upgrade cable out of a decent amp.)

Sep 17, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #641 of 5,631
At those price points, at least they shouldn't be that ugly, of the High End headphones, Abbys are the worst looking ones. Also those need a perfect seal, if you have a little "hole" in the earpads they will touch the magnets and create noise.
Look is personal.
Personally I wouldn't have a problem with the Abyss TC look as long as they are fairly comfortable and sound amazing.
Regarding the seal however you are mistaken. Even Abyss says, you can adjust the sound (bass intensity) by adjusting the gap between the earpads and your skin. It is kind of designed that way...

Sep 17, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #642 of 5,631
I admit that I am now surprised by how much I like these headphones. The are not the Susvara, but that is the point. They are unique, in that they present a smooth, comfortable "flavor" which I am liking quite a bit. They are easily driven, easily EQ'd. More often than not, I just put them on, select my playlist, and sit back and enjoy! Effortless is the special quality of the Elites. It took me awhile to come around to this view, but this is where I am today.
What ear pads do you use?
Which DAC + AMP do you use most often?

Sep 17, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #643 of 5,631
Most often I use my HA200 from T+A (headphone amp/dac combo) but I also use my Burson Soloist 3XP in power amp mode into an RME ADI Dac fs for volume control and dac. I use the hybrid pads that came installed on the Elite, but I have tried the ALCANTARA pads just to see what they do. These pads increase the bass more than I need so I stick with the default hybrid pads.

Sep 17, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #644 of 5,631
Perfect post ... thank you. I have the OG Empy and also appreciate its effortless-ness. I still need to make up my mind up if the Elite is an upgrade or a sidegrade...

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #645 of 5,631
No. You may not obfuscate from the fact you're spreading misinformation.

The 1266 fundamentally is designed to fit without a seal.

If you don't have the slightest clue as to what you're talking about, keep quiet.

I care less what sound floats your subjective ideal. Or what you find subjectively aesthetically attractive.

Facts are facts and opinions are opinions.

Don't be stupid.

Abbys itself has said that you need a perfect sealing for their headphones. In their videos they said that they need to be perfectly locked to work as they should.

The one giving misinformation is you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back