Meze Audio’s newest single-DD IEM - ADVAR
May 12, 2022 at 8:23 AM Post #151 of 512
Excellent review, This is a "straight to the point" review for HeadFi forum readers since we are all familiar with (or at least we know where to look for) the basic technologies and specifications.

I selected there points that really touched my heart when I checked out Advar, maybe I can quote these lines as a quick response to inquiries on general sound signature of Advar:
  • Plenty of quality bass + Dynamic and impactful
  • Very fun and musical sounding
  • Warm but not dark
Great work, thanks to you once again.
It was my pleasure!

May 12, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #152 of 512
Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 4:13 AM Post #154 of 512
Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 13, 2022 at 11:44 AM Post #155 of 512
Received my Advars and tried them out. I can’t get one of the IEMs to have a reliable connection. These are my first IEMs and I’m not sure if I’m connecting them correctly. Troubleshooting, it’s definitely one of the IEMs — it’s not the cable or DAC (Dragonfly Cobalt) or iPhone or iPad connector.

What gets them to work is to spin the IEM around once on the connector, then it will play.

They sound great in stereo! Not great in mono :rolling_eyes:

Is there something I should be doing to avoid this issue or is it possible it’s an issue with the IEM and I should exchange it?

UPDATE: these sound really good! But still struggling with solid connections. Now each IEM has had connection issues, but mostly it’s one of them. Just touching them on my ears can cause them to connect or disconnect. Is this normal IEM behavior? Still also working on the right fit; not quite dialed in yet.

Last edited:
May 14, 2022 at 7:43 PM Post #156 of 512
Received my Advars and tried them out. I can’t get one of the IEMs to have a reliable connection. These are my first IEMs and I’m not sure if I’m connecting them correctly. Troubleshooting, it’s definitely one of the IEMs — it’s not the cable or DAC (Dragonfly Cobalt) or iPhone or iPad connector.

What gets them to work is to spin the IEM around once on the connector, then it will play.

They sound great in stereo! Not great in mono :rolling_eyes:

Is there something I should be doing to avoid this issue or is it possible it’s an issue with the IEM and I should exchange it?

UPDATE: these sound really good! But still struggling with solid connections. Now each IEM has had connection issues, but mostly it’s one of them. Just touching them on my ears can cause them to connect or disconnect. Is this normal IEM behavior? Still also working on the right fit; not quite dialed in yet.
I havent had any issues but my Advar's definitely do not have the tightest of mmcx connections that I have had. With mine, it's the iem as I've done a bit of cable rolling and they all seat very easily. At any rate, you should here a click/snap when you connect the cable to the connector on the iem. If the iem is spinning around the connector, you probably have them seated properly otherwise the iems would fall off the cable. If you only have the stock cable, you can't be 100% sure whether it's the cable or the connector on the iem. There is a way to tighten up the connector on the cable and you can search for that if you are so inclined. But you shouldn't have to, especially with $700 iem's. If you are sure that you have the cable connectors seated properly, I would consider an exchange if possible. If that's a hassle, you can always try a different cable.

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #158 of 512
They do click but the audio signal is unreliable. Might look into an exchange.

May 15, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #159 of 512
What is the function of the funnel-like dimple?

May 18, 2022 at 3:02 AM Post #163 of 512
:gs1000smile:
1652857324886.png

May 18, 2022 at 5:25 AM Post #164 of 512
Just 1 more teaser, lol...
IMG_20220518_112331.jpg

Spoiler: it's rather lovely, very lovely in person...

May 26, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #165 of 512
Didn't realize we had a dedicated ADVAR thread. For those who are interested, I just shared my detailed review of ADVAR. Enjoy the read!

meze-advar-21 - Copy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back