Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
May 7, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #481 of 7,680
Just came back from the High End Munich. It was quite hilarious to meet Jude right at the front entrance.
The Meze Booth was small and cozy. Had a hour long talk with the guys. Great lads.
For those who are interested. They showcased various 99 Classics with bigger pads and alternative colour-ways. (all-black and walnut-silver)
They also said that they would possibly experiment with some different padding like velour.

I'd love some velour cups for mine. Not that the others are bad just preference.

May 8, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #486 of 7,680
Ok this is it, anyone hung up on the B&W P7? This is the next step. Seriously this is your only way out!
I'm just waiting for my next paycheque or 2 before I get my Meze. I'm enjoying the P7, even though I use my Hifiman HE400 more...but if I really like the Meze over the p7 I will consider selling them.

May 8, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #490 of 7,680
I answered to this a week ago.

That's great...obviously missed it.

It'd be nice if you answered again though, for others that may have missed it.

"Well...the 1540 pads do not fit on the earcup, too much gap. But, like with Brainwavz, you can put these over the wood cup. The isolation is surprisingly good that way, confort is OK too. But I found the sound too congested, you lose a lot about soundstage and bass extension...I cannot recommend this setting."

May 9, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #491 of 7,680
This may be of mild interest to Meze 99 owners but the headphone comfortably won a group test in this month's HiFi Choice magazine.

As is usual with this magazine the contenders were a pretty eclectic bunch of open and closed phones; Sennheiser Momentum 2, Oppo PM3, B&O H6, Philips X2 and Hifiman HE400S !

'Style and sonics at a great price. Musical and wonderfully entertaining' 

5 stars in every category; Sound, Value, Build and Ease of Use.

Needless to say I'm interested

May 9, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #493 of 7,680
  This may be of mild interest to Meze 99 owners but the headphone comfortably won a group test in this month's HiFi Choice magazine.

As is usual with this magazine the contenders were a pretty eclectic bunch of open and closed phones; Sennheiser Momentum 2, Oppo PM3, B&O H6, Philips X2 and Hifiman HE400S !

'Style and sonics at a great price. Musical and wonderfully entertaining' 

5 stars in every category; Sound, Value, Build and Ease of Use.

Needless to say I'm interested

Yes, read it a week or two back and I think it is the right outcome. Meantime there is also a great review in Hi Fi Plus magazine in last months issue, which although not a comparison is a more in depth view and still comes up with a strong recommendation. They are great headphones and I got my pair as I wanted something I could take with me when travelling so that once I arrive I could enjoy first class sounds from my phone + Audioquest Dragonfly +Tidal combination. It is a highly compelling set up for a ridiculously reasonable outlay. 

May 9, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #494 of 7,680
Yes I read the HiFi+ review too. Love the fact that a small newish company is able to produce such a great product. Good luck to them

May 9, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #495 of 7,680
Yes I got to hear about them through ifi Audio who were very positive about them. In fact they managed to lend me a pair (which they themselves had on loan) to listen to just ahead of Meze themselves doing that for the Head-Fi community in the UK. I was really quite shocked when I heard them as they seemed to be punching way above their price point. I compared them to my (then) HD700s which I used for my ifi Audio system and it took me quite a while to decide which I preferred overall. I am not aware of them having any UK dealers yet but you can buy them direct on their web site. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back