Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
May 3, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #467 of 7,702
No balanced cables for this bad boy, plus the connectors at the earcup are also a bit proprietary so you would have to carve up the existing cable or buy a 2nd cable to convert if you want to make your own.

May 4, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #468 of 7,702
Well take a bow Meze,
                                        A friend of mine came by yesterday and wanted to listen to my computer setup. PC via Foobar2000 > SMSL Sanskrit 6th Gen DAC > Little Dot MKII (Tubes rolled to 2x 6N6P Russian NOS Power & 2x Tung Sol JTL 6AK5 NOS drivers) . First he listened to Santana's new album 24Bit flac with my Sennheiser HD650's commenting "very clear sound", then with My Beyerdynamic T1 2Nd Gen saying "how much did these cost, well they are well built". Finally listened with my Meze 99 Classics and smiled "These I like best, these are great"

May 4, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #469 of 7,702
Holy c**p these headphones are amazing.....I might actually order me a second pair very soon. Maybe I'll wait for the "black" version that I've seen pictures of that's gonna cost $250.
I won't bother you with pictures here....I've posted them in the picture thread instead.

May 6, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #470 of 7,702
As you might know, the Munich High End Show is currently taking place is Germany. 

If you are visiting, feel free to pass by Ella Fitzgerald Avenue in Hall 2 of the MOC, booth # E05. You'll find us there!

Meze Audio Design. Comfort. Sound. True audio. Stay updated on Meze Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/mezeaudio https://twitter.com/mezeaudio https://www.instagram.com/mezeaudio/ https://www.mezeaudio.com/ marketing@mezeaudio.com
May 6, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #471 of 7,702
I jus tested putting the ATH MSR7 pads on 99 Classics. I expected a lot from this setting regarding the similar size of pads. (still complain about comfort provided by 99 stock pads).

But...these do not fit well. A little bit too large for 99's earcup. These can fit but not tight enough. I don't think it can last one day without remove.

The good part is the sound does not change a lot. Confort is better but isolation becomes poor...

I do not recommend this setting for this last point.

May 6, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #472 of 7,702
Just came back from the High End Munich. It was quite hilarious to meet Jude right at the front entrance.
The Meze Booth was small and cozy. Had a hour long talk with the guys. Great lads.
For those who are interested. They showcased various 99 Classics with bigger pads and alternative colour-ways. (all-black and walnut-silver)
They also said that they would possibly experiment with some different padding like velour.

May 6, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #473 of 7,702
Just came back from the High End Munich. It was quite hilarious to meet Jude right at the front entrance.
The Meze Booth was small and cozy. Had a hour long talk with the guys. Great lads.
For those who are interested. They showcased various 99 Classics with bigger pads and alternative colour-ways. (all-black and walnut-silver)
They also said that they would possibly experiment with some different padding like velour.

Interesting. I'm looking for bigger pads as well as black wood earcups. Any pictures? Thanks.

May 6, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #474 of 7,702

Was the all-black black including all the metalwork? Do you have a photo you can share?

May 6, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #476 of 7,702
I can't recall, but are you guys coming to CanJam London?

Quote:
  As you might know, the Munich High End Show is currently taking place is Germany. 

If you are visiting, feel free to pass by Ella Fitzgerald Avenue in Hall 2 of the MOC, booth # E05. You'll find us there!

May 6, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #477 of 7,702

Was the all-black black including all the metalwork? Do you have a photo you can share?

No. The all-black version has black cups with some silver outlining. I only have this crappy picture from my phone:

Thanks for the photo and I think I saw one in a picture from another event. I have been pressing them to do a truly all black version, even matt black on the metal accents as I think it would look very cool..........so maybe one day. Until then I will have to make do with my Classics Gold I guess,  

May 6, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #478 of 7,702
May 6, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #479 of 7,702
That is not balanced the TRRS there is for microphone.

Meze is still not answering my question if their stock cable is a 4 conductors.

May 6, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #480 of 7,702
Received my pair on Thursday, only four days from date of order. My first impression is that these are the best headphones I have owned. They out perform the B&W p7, oppo pm-3, momentum 2.0, t51i, and dt 770. I was a little worried about the earpad size, but even with my slightly larger than normal ears ''three inches from top to bottom," they completely disappear on my head. I am currently a very satisfied customer and new fan of the Meze team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back