Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
May 21, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #4,022 of 7,700
Either on their official website or on amazon. Should be first search result on google

Sorry I wasn't specific. I went to Dekoni's website. and there were many "Dekoni Audio..... sheepskin ear pad for XYZ...." and I was wondering which one fits Meze 99 classics best.

I'll email them.

But goodness, $70! That's quite a hand-full.

May 22, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #4,023 of 7,700
I did the Dekoni Sheepskin m50x pads with my 99 Classics and did not like it. It just sounded like a bad match, everything was dulled and diluted. Also found they did not fit the 99 Classics baffles. I sent them back .

May 22, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #4,024 of 7,700
Sorry I wasn't specific. I went to Dekoni's website. and there were many "Dekoni Audio..... sheepskin ear pad for XYZ...." and I was wondering which one fits Meze 99 classics best.

I'll email them.

But goodness, $70! That's quite a hand-full.
Yeah theyŕe meant for the m50x. If you want a tamed bass, increased treble and something super similar to the original earpads those are the ones youŕe looking for. Another guy a few pages back has tested 23 other earpads and was raving about the Dekonis, so if you wanna see some descriptions for the sound you should look there.

Last edited:
May 22, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #4,028 of 7,700
The only other earpads I've tried with these were the stock m40/m50x pads. They actually did a better job than the Dekoni pads of removing the subbass without diffusing the rest of the sound signature -- but I do like at least some subbass, and so I eventually returned to the stock pads. I enjoy the 99 Classics' bass but sometimes do wish I could reduce the fluffiness of the bass by maybe 20%?

I predominantly like neutral-to-warm sound signatures, they sound the most natural to my ears, but what's critical to me is that it also have strong mids that 'punch' through the floor of the bass, and maintain detail and resolution. I also like body in the mids, wipsy-sounding snare drums or overly ethereal vocals (when they're not recorded/mixed that way) drive me nuts.

May 23, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #4,029 of 7,700
Does anyone know how to the Monoprice's Monolith M560 compare to the Meze 99 Classics? I can't decide between these two.

May 23, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #4,030 of 7,700
Does anyone know how to the Monoprice's Monolith M560 compare to the Meze 99 Classics? I can't decide between these two.

Have not heard the monolith one, but I can guarantee that Meze 99 Classics has great build quality and pretty good sonics at that price point. They are still alive, after almost two years or so of usage, so I'd call them a real survivor considering that at first I used them, then my girl has, and she's been quite happy with them. In fact, they are one of her favorite, she really likes their smoothness :)

May 23, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #4,031 of 7,700
Classics will have more bass / sub bass. 560s are best in open back mode. I preferred the SQ of the Classics. They are also easier to drive. Meze needs to come out with an open back 99.

May 24, 2018 at 1:58 AM Post #4,032 of 7,700
Forgot I did have the 560s at one point. Sold them. Never will sell my Classics. That sums that up lol.

May 25, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #4,033 of 7,700
Classics will have more bass / sub bass. 560s are best in open back mode. I preferred the SQ of the Classics. They are also easier to drive. Meze needs to come out with an open back 99.

I think that Meze is actually working on an open-back 99Classics of sorts :)

At least I remember seeing one and that info wasn't under NDA AFAIK :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back