1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by MezeTeam, Jan 13, 2016.
First

Back
259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268
270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279
Next

Last
  1. sauronmordor756
    Either on their official website or on amazon. Should be first search result on google

2. tskeng
    Sorry I wasn't specific. I went to Dekoni's website. and there were many "Dekoni Audio..... sheepskin ear pad for XYZ...." and I was wondering which one fits Meze 99 classics best.

I'll email them.

But goodness, $70! That's quite a hand-full.

3. kdoof
    I did the Dekoni Sheepskin m50x pads with my 99 Classics and did not like it. It just sounded like a bad match, everything was dulled and diluted. Also found they did not fit the 99 Classics baffles. I sent them back .

4. sauronmordor756
    Yeah theyŕe meant for the m50x. If you want a tamed bass, increased treble and something super similar to the original earpads those are the ones youŕe looking for. Another guy a few pages back has tested 23 other earpads and was raving about the Dekonis, so if you wanna see some descriptions for the sound you should look there.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  5. sauronmordor756
    Did they tame the bass?

6. kdoof
    Yes it sucked away the subbass, but it kind of just compressed that energy into the midbass and made it sound incoherent in my opinion.

7. sauronmordor756
    It’s amazing to see how everyone has their sound tastes. Did you try any other earpads? Also what would you say your sound signature is

8. kdoof
    The only other earpads I've tried with these were the stock m40/m50x pads. They actually did a better job than the Dekoni pads of removing the subbass without diffusing the rest of the sound signature -- but I do like at least some subbass, and so I eventually returned to the stock pads. I enjoy the 99 Classics' bass but sometimes do wish I could reduce the fluffiness of the bass by maybe 20%?

I predominantly like neutral-to-warm sound signatures, they sound the most natural to my ears, but what's critical to me is that it also have strong mids that 'punch' through the floor of the bass, and maintain detail and resolution. I also like body in the mids, wipsy-sounding snare drums or overly ethereal vocals (when they're not recorded/mixed that way) drive me nuts.

9. soundboy94
    Does anyone know how to the Monoprice's Monolith M560 compare to the Meze 99 Classics? I can't decide between these two.

10. Dobrescu George
    Have not heard the monolith one, but I can guarantee that Meze 99 Classics has great build quality and pretty good sonics at that price point. They are still alive, after almost two years or so of usage, so I'd call them a real survivor considering that at first I used them, then my girl has, and she's been quite happy with them. In fact, they are one of her favorite, she really likes their smoothness :)

trellus likes this.
  11. Mhog55
    Classics will have more bass / sub bass. 560s are best in open back mode. I preferred the SQ of the Classics. They are also easier to drive. Meze needs to come out with an open back 99.

Dobrescu George likes this.
  12. Lurk650
    Forgot I did have the 560s at one point. Sold them. Never will sell my Classics. That sums that up lol.

13. Dobrescu George
    I think that Meze is actually working on an open-back 99Classics of sorts :)

At least I remember seeing one and that info wasn't under NDA AFAIK :)

14. kdoof
    You're not referring to the Empyrean?

15. Dobrescu George
    Not at all, I am talking about an open-back 99 series, I vaguely remember that they even had one, or at least design for it.

Empyrean is in another price class entirely, wouldn't mix them up.

koover likes this.
First

Back
259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268
270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279
Next

Last