1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by MezeTeam, Jan 13, 2016.
First

Back
213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222
224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233
Next

Last
  1. Lurk650
    So when are we going to see these?

RockStar2005 likes this.
  2. HiFiChris Contributor
    ... and what's inside?

RockStar2005 likes this.
  3. Lurk650
    I wonder if the "challenge they took up" is an over ear design or maybe they are taking on BA drivers. I hope its still DD.

4. hung031086
    I have a brand new occ copper cable from meze for sale in classifieds forums. Check it out if someone’s interested in it.

Dobrescu George likes this.
  5. emptymt
    I would hope that it is and is designed to challenge $700 range but still portable, with balance cable included on purchase, that would be killer otgcans with DAP.

RockStar2005 likes this.
  6. Kermeli
    how do the meze 99 classics compare to the hifiman he400i? I listen only to metal/rock, need headphones with much more authority, more body.

RockStar2005 likes this.
  7. koover
    I own both and IMO, the Meze just blow the HE 400i out of the water. I do like the 400i a lot but lack the body of the Meze. The 400i are crazy detailed with both my amps, bass is tight and light but better then some say.

Now the Meze just has that full body sound where the bass takes center stage. It does NOT meddle into the mids or highs but it’s pronounced, tight, fast and deeeep.

It hits surprisingly hard in the sub bass where you feel it from your feet to your ears. Got a nice mid bass bump that’s smooth. The mids liquid snooth, just right and the treble has just enough sparkle to satisfy “some” of the most critical listeners. It’s important I say some. Lol it’s a very non fatiguing HP where I can listen hours on end.

For me the stock pad size is perfect but some have issues that they’re too small for their ears and they get warm. No issues for this guy.

It really is a pretty neutral set of HP’s with an emphasis on the low end. All
    I listen to is progressive metal, progressive rock, rock, etc. and I couldn’t be happier.
    It blows me away how good these are for the price as they punch so far above their retail. Plus you can EQ the hell out of these and we won’t hear much or if any distortion. It’s pretty insane how far you can push these.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  8. Kermeli
    Wow, thanks for that, such an detailed answer. :)

RockStar2005 and koover like this.
  9. koover
    You’re most welcome bro

Kermeli and RockStar2005 like this.
  10. RockStar2005
    Excellent review!

koover likes this.
  11. superuser1
    Succinct observations. On that note some Ash Ra Tempel and ELP!

koover, RockStar2005 and HungryPanda like this.
  12. slim shady
    Can anyone recommend a dap for the 99C ???

13. emptymt
    I would recommend Cayin I5, it has one of the best synergy with the 99 Classic, it is an older model DAP, but when it came out it was famous for it's musicality and synergy with the meze, because it is an older model, you may be able to find it for cheap, so you will save money too if you are on a budget.

I found the UI to be quite good too, so no problem there.

14. HungryPanda
    They sound good on my fiio x5iii, cowon p1 and my little shanling m1

RockStar2005 likes this.
  15. PinkyPowers
    Loving the sound of my 99C on the Cayin N5II today. Not as warm or robust as with the i5, but super clean and clear.

First

Back
213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222
224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233
Next

Last