1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by MezeTeam, Jan 13, 2016.
First

Back
207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216
218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227
Next

Last
  1. RockStar2005
    I C. Yeah the silver/maple ones were beautiful. Too bad they discontinued them. And yeah, they stopped making them BEFORE Meze decided to go with larger pads, so that all makes sense.

I wish they hadn't stopped making them b/c they were a nice alternative to the silver/walnut one I got.

Really? Ok. Well everyone including Meze says they're bigger, so they must be somewhat larger.

Sorry to hear about your ear pain man. Hope it gets better soon!

Well we'll see I guess cuz if I get these PSBs I guess I'll know what the smaller ones sound like. lol

Very cool man! Yeah it is a pain, but again if it's only bass, that means I only have to adjust the first THREE of the 10 bands to fix it.

2. RockStar2005
    Hey MB,

Any update on the Koss vs. Meze 99 C comparison? Or you still in IEM Land? lol

Two of the songs that I use to test out all my headphones are by Fleetwood Mac. Would you happen to have the FM 1975 "Fleetwood Mac" self-titled album (song: "Crystal"), or the "Rumours" album (song: Second Hand News), preferably in Hi-Res? Let me know.

I'll explain what to listen for in both songs after you reply if you do. If you have them, great. If not, but would like to, I highly recommend the Hi-Res versions as they even outdo the CD albums I used to have (b/c of the better masters of course, not the higher resolution marketing mumbo jumbo garbage lol). If interested, I made sure that the links above (and below) are "UK resident-friendly" too, and the best priced. The "Tusk" and "Live" albums are also great too, but again completely optional. I own all of these albums and listen to them regularly. They never get old to me.

Another great Hi-Res site is the UK version of HDTracks. Sometimes they may have albums cheaper or that 7digital doesn't offer, and vice versa. Qobuz is another one, except they are not available here in the U.S. (yet), but UK residents are welcome.

Either way, thanks!

3. RockStar2005
    Hey Mudd,

Any update on the Koss (or Koss vs. Meze 99?) audition?

4. MisterMudd
    Still waiting on MB. She touted them as her current over ear headphones in another thread. If I buy them, it will probably be around the holidays when hopefully the price will drop. Koss heavily discounts the Porta Pro then, so I'm hoping these are discounted also.

RockStar2005 likes this.
  5. RockStar2005
    She touted the Koss or 99 Cs?? lol

Another thread?

Yeah I just IM'd her too.

But didn't you say you were gonna try out the Koss too? Trying to remember..................

6. mbwilson111
    Both! But only talking about closed. I will come back to this later...dinner time here. I will say that I personally prefer the Neo over the Classic...tighter bass for me. The Koss and Neo are side by side at the moment depending on my mood.

RockStar2005 likes this.
  7. RockStar2005
    There she is! lol

Ok cool. I guess that makes sense on the Neo. Initially I felt the 99 Cs were too bassy too, but after some adjusting that went away. And ALL I care about is closed-back btw, so that's fine. lol

Well even if that was your final answer (is it? lol; that they're equally good?), that still is a HUGE plus for the Koss considering they cost like half the price of the 99 Cs. I guess I have to consider them much more seriously now lol.......................................

Which one is more comfortable in your opinion?

8. mbwilson111
    The Koss have a bit more clamp than I like but I would prefer no clamp if that was possible. The cups are about the same size...different shape. Which you like best would depend on your ears. Either works for me. The Koss feel lighter. Meze pads are a bit thicker but the Koss are soft so both are comfortable to me.
    I really am bad at this because with any of them I just get into the music.

RockStar2005 likes this.
  9. RockStar2005
    I wonder though if the Koss seem to have more clamp b/c you & your husband have had & used the 99 Cs longer, and so they're more broken in? But interesting that the Koss feel lighter to you.

So the 99 Cs' pads are thicker but the Koss' are softer to the touch??

Nah, that's helpful. The fact that NEITHER distracts you from the music says a lot to me. lol

Thanks!

So you still need more time then to decide which one is best, or were you finished? I wasn't sure. lol

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  10. mbwilson111
    The Koss are squishier

RockStar2005 likes this.
  11. RockStar2005
    I'll take that as a yes then. lol

Ok actually I guess you'd be done after evaluating the 2 FM songs. So ignore last question. lol

12. infernix
    Is anyone aware of angled 3.5mm mono plugs that would fit? I'm looking to connect a really short cable to the newly released Fiio BTR1 with AptX and attach it on top.

13. Bascule
    the issue is how narrow the opening is.. I looked for alternatives when I made my XLR balanced cables up, but ended up buying a set of genuine ones from Meze's EU website. Bit fiddly but not too bad, and has a good end result, I was pleased. Someone was selling a 3d printed alternative mount to allow use of any plug, but I didn't want to do that.

IMG_5622.jpg

infernix and superuser1 like this.
  14. infernix
    Hm, you're right, it seems no standard plugs would fit. At $20 for both the plugs as well as a ready made cable, I'm probably better off buying the cable, cutting that up and attaching a new 3.5mm jack plug.

15. chungjun
    ifi_Meze.jpg

Photo Source: iFi Facebook Page (booth setup @ CanJam RMAF 2017)

Spot a Classic?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
First

Back
207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216
218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227
Next

Last