1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by MezeTeam, Jan 13, 2016.
First

Back
209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218
220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229
Next

Last
  1. Dobrescu George
    I love those enhancements as well, and there is no one who can tell you what sounds good for you other than yourself :darthsmile:

RockStar2005 likes this.
  2. Thereisanendgame
    True to that. My current headphones the pxc 550 while have an amazing noise cancelling ability sounds really harsh and analytical, it also has an ability to make vocals very sibilant which is good for movies but very nope for music. So it makes music listening very unenjoyable.

My first headphones thou which was the MSR7 is just one of those headphones where it can make everything shine. Even after two years of owning it i still have wow moment from time to time( which ive experienced even with various neutral headphone such as the AEON,hd 600) sadly the comfort was not up to par and i have to replace them and even then it was two years until i did.

I feel like there is a balance thou, between analytical and musical. Where you can still analyze detail but still enjoy the music as ive set out to do when i started this hobby. And when i find a headphone that has that trait, i feel like ive achieved what i wanted out of this hobby. And maybe meze 99 is one of those headphones. I guess ill find out when i buy them as you guys sure do conviced me to take a plunge for them

Cheers

3. Shane D
    You won't be sorry, in my opinion. The only faults I can think of are: pads get a little warm (but it's now fall) and the cable is "noisy". You will hear the cable rub against anything.

Still, I would not hesitate to buy them again. Great bargain, IMO.

Shane D

4. chungjun
    Meze has balanced cable (with SE adapter), can consider that as an 'upgrade' to the 'noisy' stock cable. Personally, the 1.5m length is also my preferred length - offers more flexibility. With the balance cable, you'll not have the "mic & remote" though (I can see why some would need it but personally don't miss it cause I use my Meze for music primarily and not for calls).

5. Shane D
    While using my Oppo's I am using the long cable which is much more convenient in the lazy boy using an amp.

I see that there is a long cable with Mezes, but it appears to have the same cable coating, so I am thinking that it would also be "noisy"?

It is not really a big deal unless you're moving around a lot.

Shane D

6. RockStar2005
    So to follow up on me giving the non-angled Brainwavz sheepskin leather ear pads for the 99 Cs a second chance.................I am kind of in shock! Maybe my ears just weren't "used to" the 99 Cs' sound back when I tried the Brainwavz the first time shortly after buying the 99 Cs a few months ago? The last time I said they sounded weak to me, but this time, I had the complete opposite reaction: the Brainwavz pads are OUTSTANDING! Not only are they more comfortable than the stock pads (which I DID say last time too), but I now notice that b/c of the extra room they provide the ears, soundstage is widened out a bit more, and suddenly I'm hearing or noticing NEW things I didn't before. See the new second update in my review for more info (including new EQs for these pads).

But long story short..........................these pads are worth EVERY penny, so run out and buy them TODAY!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  7. Phil Greenfly
    I am actually enjoying angled hybrid Brainwavz very much. Did not even need hard equalizer adjustments.

RockStar2005 likes this.
  8. RockStar2005
    Very cool Phil! Yeah I just had the sibilance issue. The adjustments I made were pretty minor anyway.

9. Dobrescu George
    Meze must open the official thread when they feel it is time, but they are working on some awesome new stuff for us!

I've seen a IEM, a Planar headphone, and a very unique something today :darthsmile:

No photos since they asked us to not take photos at this moment since they are still at the phase of prototype:smile_phones:

If I understood correctly, there might be a Meze 99 open back sometime in the future, with somewhat larger cups!

The IEM looks especially sweet in person, especially the glossy version.

You can find a few photos of their new concrete Meze 99 Concrete on Instagram, so I guess this is okay to share. I had the chance of touching them and they are actually made out of concrete! Really solid stuff. Seemingly, it is not much heavier, but it has really nice acoustic properties!

[​IMG]

10. RockStar2005

Concrete headphones?!! Opened-back 99s?! Very interesting! Thx for sharing George!!

I wonder how the acoustic properties of concrete compare to that of wood?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    Dobrescu George likes this.
  11. Dobrescu George
    I heard they are extremely nice! It still is a prototype though, I don't know how much that will take. One thing is for sure, it is a very interesting concept!

So many awesome stuff for the planars though... I really wish Meze succedes with them and builds something that will impress the whole world!

RockStar2005 likes this.
  12. FortisFlyer75
    I am looking at ordering the Brainwavz sheepskin pad to try on my 99C's with two hours left for tomorrow delivery from Amazon but pondering over to get the flat pad or angled version as not sure how the angled would affect the sound compared to the flat as after all the Meze is not an angled driver and the original pads are designed flat so not sure if to stick with that.

Any thoughts from you both or anyone with experience of these pads on this would be great to help with deciding with only two hours left but no worries if not I will just roll the dice and live dangerously if everyone else is living normal lives on a Saturday night away from here in geek town ; )

I take it also the PU section is just on the fitment part that goes over the Meze cups and the rest is sheepskin like the inside and outerside padding is just like the front pad section? That's how it looks from the photos I can see on Amazon anyhow....

RockStar2005 likes this.
  13. RockStar2005
    They look nice too! I can honestly say until recently I never even considered concrete as a material to be used in making headphones, or even speakers. It wasn't until Master and Dynamic released their $1800 MA770 concrete-bodied speaker earlier this year that it even became apparent to me.

I just noticed on Meze's Instagram page that they published my main Meze 99 Classics custom EQ for the larger stock pads that come with the 99 Cs these days. Love it! I just remembered I gotta send them the new one for the Brainwavz non-angled sheepskin leather pads as well.

Dobrescu George likes this.
  14. RockStar2005
    Yeah I'm not sure how to choose either Fortis. I honestly just went off the reviews but also the looks of the non-angled ones (I mean how they look when put on the 99 Cs). Maybe just research it a little more and see. I REALLY love the feel of them. They have a very smooth "buttery" feel to 'em.

Yeah the majority of these ear pads (non-angled) are sheepskin leather, esp the parts that touch & surround your ears.

15. PinkyPowers
    I have both pads. I think the non angled is better. For sound that is. And comfort is almost as good. You won't have a problem.

First

Back
209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218
220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229
Next

Last