Melbourne Meet 2010 - 20.03.2010 impressions
Mar 20, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #46 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Many tried my Beyer DT880 and MAD Ear+ HD amp
tongue.gif
I didn't get around to trying many cans that I was hoping to like DT990, HD650 and Stax.

I actually quite like the Stax.
HD650 ...I tried it before, not my cup of tea.Partly due to types of music I listen to.

Mar 20, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #49 of 250
I would like to thank you everyone for today; however, I went so late (at 3pm). This is my first time in head-fi meeting. I'm very happy and impressed.

Beyerdynamic T1 were very great wide soundstage and smooth sound. I tried wooden ATH cans that were very clear and sweet sound. iMod and many portable amps were also good. Unfortunately, I tried a bit amplifiers and I like them so much.

I think I should upgrade my headphones sets especially DAC and amplifier ^ ^

Lastly, I would like to say thank you very much to everybody again...

P.S. Next headphones Hifiman HE5+EF5, Sennheiser HD600 or T1 ^ ^

PPS. I would like to ask that who forgot the headphone adapter (1/8" to 1/4" (not 1/4" to 1/8" <<< I might be stunned by very high quality head-fi gears)), please tell me, I will send it to you immediately...

Mar 20, 2010 at 1:28 PM Post #50 of 250
Balls. Might have been me, I cannot remember. Brb I will check through my 6 bags of accessories...
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Nope, got it.

Mar 20, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #51 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Collagen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like to thank you everyone for today; however, I went so late (at 3pm). This is my first time in head-fi meeting. I'm very happy and impressed.

Beyerdynamic T1 were very great wide soundstage and smooth sound. I tried wooden ATH cans that were very clear and sweet sound. iMod and many portable amps were also good. Unfortunately, I tried a bit amplifiers and I like them so much.

I think I should upgrade my headphones sets especially DAC and amplifier ^ ^

Lastly, I would like to say thank you very much to everybody again...

P.S. Next headphones Hifiman HE5+EF5, Sennheiser HD600 or T1 ^ ^

PPS. I would like to ask that who forgot the headphone adapter (1/8" to 1/4" (not 1/4" to 1/8" <<< I might be stunned by very high quality head-fi gears)), please tell me, I will send it to you immediately...

Thanks for coming. Hope you'll be ble to come to meet earlier =)

Mar 20, 2010 at 1:37 PM Post #52 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Jester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looked like an awesome day, wish I was a little closer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We could do our own mini meet
tongue.gif

Why not.
Or come next time ...to Melb
tongue.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 1:49 PM Post #53 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, and guys, please let me know...what could have done or should be done next time, to make the meet even better?

Easy - Aircon
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by yukari
I actually quite like the Stax.
HD650 ...I tried it before, not my cup of tea.Partly due to types of music I listen to.

From your iMod music collection, I can see why you'd like the STAX.

I'm actually now considering getting my 80GB iPod Video DIYmodded to go with a nice, small amp. The P-51 and SR-71 were rather nice. Pricey though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yukari
Is this a positive or negative impression?

Neither - Its just different somehow.

Stang, that MAD was fantastic.

And the T1 was definitely a stand out for me.

Mar 20, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #54 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for coming. Hope you'll be ble to come to meet earlier =)

Thank you very much for warm welcome
k701smile.gif

I hope so....
atsmile.gif
Next time I'll arrange my work, assignments and especially my sister
icon10.gif
I hope to try many gears as I can....
L3000.gif

I would like to thank Shawn for comments, recommendation, meeting arrangement, high quality gears and systems, advices and much more....

I would like to thank Yukari for warm welcome (again), high quality gears and systems, recommendation, advices and suggestions and much more...

I would like to thank Kunarl for warm welcome, comment, fantastic gears and systems, recommendation and much more...

I would like to thank Alex for incredible fantastic gears and systems (so many
icon10.gif
), comments, recommendation and much more...

I would like to thank David for very great gears and systems (especially T1
biggrin.gif
), comments and suggestions, recommendations, advices and much more...

I would like to thank Jerry for comments, fantastic gears and much more...

I would like to thank t/sound who from South Australia for high quality gears and much more...

I would like to thank Kelvin for fantastic system, some comments and much more...

I would like to thank Davy for great gears and systems, some comments and much more...

I would like to thank Evan for great system and much more...

Finally, I would like to thank everyone for this incredibly fantastic day; although, I was there for a very short time....
happy_face1.gif
smile_phones.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #55 of 250
So glad everyone had a good time
biggrin.gif
I had a great time but it didn't last long enough for me haha. It is one of those events that you cannot have over the time span of a day
tongue.gif
I am glad people enjoyed my MAD Ear+ HD, it was a pleasure to let you all listen to my gear
biggrin.gif
I hope we have another meet soon and that we will all have some new gear to share
wink.gif
I know I will!
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 3:51 PM Post #57 of 250
Well done guys and girls! Looks like a well put through meeting.
Anyone besides 'yukari' who actually tried my former SR-404. I would appreciate if the Stax love spread.
wink.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #58 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well done guys and girls! Looks like a well put through meeting.
Anyone besides 'yukari' who actually tried my former SR-404. I would appreciate if the Stax love spread.
wink.gif

Did listen to the Stax at meet and from the moment the music started it was clear there was an open window to the music, very enjoyable.

You know, I would love to grab some albums, the Stax and find a big old tree with dappled shade and get lost in detail.

Specialshade.

Mar 20, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #60 of 250
I've just logged on and wow, there's already 4 pages of impressions
smily_headphones1.gif

It was my first head-fi meet and now I know what everyone means when they say the SR 325is highs are a little shrill, because this time I actually got to listen to other headphones then my very own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back