Melbourne Meet 2010 - 20.03.2010 impressions
Mar 20, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #31 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am living at home...
biggrin.gif
only 15 though so you'd hope I would. I never use public transport and am always at school or home lol, so no need for a really good portable rig. I just wish I had a better music collection. Headphones can do wonder if you know what to listen to and enjoy it
biggrin.gif

Yea. It depends on each person's situation. In a few years, hopefully I will move out and have my own place, then I can dig into the endless sea of home audio LOL

Mar 20, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #32 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ALO Rx is a funny little thing.

Is this a positive or negative impression?
tongue.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #33 of 250
mini portable meet would be awesome. I need another pair of IEMs. Under $100 or so, just so I don't have to take ages placing them back in their case and taking up a whole entire pocket. Back up for my UM3X I guess
tongue.gif
Really need a knockabout pair, dunno if this is respected on head-fi though hehehe.

Mar 20, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #34 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by t/sound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just back from airport and good posts to add to.

I am amazed at the youth in years, yet oodles of experience in all things Headfi. The future looks great. These "kids" have got opinions, they know what they like and they can spot quality and value.

Yukari, what can I say, I have so much to learn.

Beyer T1 / JVC DX1000, meet conditions, both juiced by Trafomatic, Wow!!
The T1's have awesome bass, with all the right qualities, more than enough for total enjoyment BUT with a less dark nature than the DX1000, champagne.
Must have !!!! Listen to Siri's Svale Band " Paper moon " and " Imagination "

Yukari, I see a silver prescription ( Rx ) to be filled, immediately and a Westone to be infused, STAT.

What a great sharing meet. Thanks to all for the kindness and goodies.

Melbourneshade.

Oh , you're back home =)
Thanks for coming !
I'm glad you had a fulfilling trip to melbourne
beyersmile.png

DX1000 is ok, but I'll probably still prefer T1 over DX1000....at least for now LOL
I think this second trial just sort of proves my liking with the T1.....unless sth new comes up and take over T1's position on my list
beerchug.gif

And I guess you sort of understand why I decided to keep Rx instead of shadow... (not that I still have my previous-owned shadow with me
tongue.gif
)

Mar 20, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #35 of 250
The T1 were great, but I am still looking for something more suited to my tastes
tongue.gif
Dunno what yet. Nothing right now, as I listen to poorly recorded metal and anything too revealing will make my music sound like garbage. I did prefer the T1 over my DT880 though. There was a little less bas than I was expecting, but nothing to whine about.

Mar 20, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #36 of 250
Quote:

mini portable meet would be awesome. I need another pair of IEMs. Under $100 or so, just so I don't have to take ages placing them back in their case and taking up a whole entire pocket. Back up for my UM3X I guess
tongue.gif
Really need a knockabout pair, dunno if this is respected on head-fi though hehehe.

Kakaka
I respect that! Cuz I do that too...(having a backup ...opps, I should probably say "backups" instead LOL)
Have you tried the PFE? Second hand might be about $100 or so.
X10 would be over the $100 budget. SF3 discontinued......ummmmmmm

I'll see when will I be able to squeeze in a time slot for a mini meet
darthsmile.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #37 of 250
Quote:

The T1 were great, but I am still looking for something more suited to my tastes
tongue.gif
Dunno what yet. Nothing right now, as I listen to poorly recorded metal and anything too revealing will make my music sound like garbage. I did prefer the T1 over my DT880 though. There was a little less bas than I was expecting, but nothing to whine about.

LOL
Sell your 780 and 880 to get GS1000 or T1
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #38 of 250
Oh, and guys, please let me know...what could have done or should be done next time, to make the meet even better?

Mar 20, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #39 of 250
haha. Am going to have to spend a couple solid hours with each one before that
tongue.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #40 of 250
The GS1000i.. The bass killed my ears. Extremely detailed though, I would get a pair of these if it weren't for the ear killing bass. They are also extremely revealing, all the flaws in my favourite albums were painstakingly pointed out as if they were night and day differences. Had a nice time with the W5000s though, only grudge I have against these is that they're closed. I played a piano piece through these and the notes sounded a bit flat (maybe a flaw of closed phones?), other than that, an excellent pair of headphones which will hopefully join my collection in the coming months. Despite all these excellent headphones, what really caught my eyes and ears was Duckman's Burson HA-160. Beautiful, stylish, sounded terrific are all understatements. Unfortunately I missed out on testing the AudioGD Compass, Stax SR-404, Mapletree Ear+ HD, various Beyers, various Denons and many IEMs, mainly because I was too busy with the W5000/GS1000i and HA-160 :p. Overall quite an enjoyable meet. Just my impressions of my first Head-Fi meet! Hopefully I have some more gear in my collection for next time
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 1:00 PM Post #41 of 250
Many tried my Beyer DT880 and MAD Ear+ HD amp
tongue.gif
I didn't get around to trying many cans that I was hoping to like DT990, HD650 and Stax.

Mar 20, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #42 of 250
Quote:

haha. Am going to have to spend a couple solid hours with each one before that
tongue.gif

Sure, you should =)

Mar 20, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #43 of 250
I am just afraid I won't get the opportunity again
frown.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #44 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamerzhell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The GS1000i.. The bass killed my ears. Extremely detailed though, I would get a pair of these if it weren't for the ear killing bass. They are also extremely revealing, all the flaws in my favourite albums were painstakingly pointed out as if they were night and day differences. Had a nice time with the W5000s though, only grudge I have against these is that they're closed. I played a piano piece through these and the notes sounded a bit flat (maybe a flaw of closed phones?), other than that, an excellent pair of headphones which will hopefully join my collection in the coming months. Despite all these excellent headphones, what really caught my eyes and ears was Duckman's Burson HA-160. Beautiful, stylish, sounded terrific are all understatements. Unfortunately I missed out on testing the AudioGD Compass, Stax SR-404, Mapletree Ear+ HD, various Beyers, various Denons and many IEMs, mainly because I was too busy with the W5000/GS1000i and HA-160 :p. Overall quite an enjoyable meet. Just my impressions of my first Head-Fi meet! Hopefully I have some more gear in my collection for next time
biggrin.gif

Thanks!
Yea I sort of figures that I missed quite a few things to try
tongue_smile.gif

But then that would probably give me some motivation for the next meet
tongue.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #45 of 250
Quote:

I am just afraid I won't get the opportunity again
frown.gif

Plenty time to think about before buying them.
happy_face1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back