Melbourne Meet 2010 - 20.03.2010 impressions
Mar 20, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #16 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. It's a bit of walk...esp. with heaps of gears with you.

I didn't really have anything, too poor.

Footscray is like the most dangerous suburb in Victoria.

Mar 20, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #17 of 250
Congrats on the meet guys, looks like it went well
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #18 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want another meet in 2 weeks
tongue.gif
Not gonna happen though
frown.gif
I want to spend more time with the ALO Rx and GS1000. I was going to try the GS1000 jumbo's on my HF-2. Dunno why I didn't
confused.gif
. But damn,these DT880 are bassy! I tried the Denon D5000 with Metallica as well, I liked them tbh. Guitars sounded slightly recessed but vocals seemed fine.

I spent the most time with the T1, of course
tongue.gif
I didn't try the HD650 or the Stax, as I know they would be a terrible combination for metal. The day went SOOO quickly. I got there at like 11:45 and by the time I had everything set up, said hi to everyone etc, it was 1:30
frown.gif
I kept going back for quick listens with each headphone, instead of one long session with each
tongue.gif
I got to try the SR-325is and compared it to my HF-2, but just with one song. The HF-2 just had more body to the song, mids were more pronounced and the bass went deeper, overall just a better can.

The can that surprised me the most was the GS1000. I was expecting them to have poor mids and sound terrible with metal, they sounded very nice tbh.

The headphones that least surprised me were the K701. They just didn't do it for me. Of course, I just had it like this: Laptop FLAC>iBasso D4 Mamba>MAD Ear+ HD. I should really have tried it with the Burson HA-160, but I didn't have enough time
frown.gif
There were about 13 people there and to try all of their equipment, it would take something like 3 5 hour headphone meets, as opposed to one
tongue.gif

Overall I had a great time. The JVC Victor HP-DX1000 were AWESOME with a drum track (yes, only drums, NOTHING else). Really nice out of an iPhone 3GS as well! Their bass went deep but didn't seem bloated at all to me.

hey, if you really wanna listen to Rx, maybe we can have a mini meet sometime...ummm well, not the coming few months,...until June (during winter break probably). LOL

And yes, I do agree time flies.
I thought 6 hours should be more than enough time, but I guess I underestimate it.

Mar 20, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #19 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trysaeder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't really have anything, too poor.

Footscray is like the most dangerous suburb in Victoria.

Oh well, but as long as you enjoyed today and found what you might consider for your next step up, that gives you a goal to save up
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 10:26 AM Post #20 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on the meet guys, looks like it went well
biggrin.gif

Thanks!
Had a great time today.
It's always nice to meet other nice head-fiers around
L3000.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 11:23 AM Post #21 of 250
Wow yukari... you have a lot of portable stuff O.O

Great looking meet guys!

Mar 20, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #22 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh well, but as long as you enjoyed today and found what you might consider for your next step up, that gives you a goal to save up
ksc75smile.gif

Yep, a finite goal to reach. All I need is:
AD700 -> AD900 (maybeAD1000, need to audition)
IE8 -> CK100
Clip+ -> NWZ A847
+ Auzentech Forte 7.1

$1300...
confused_face(1).gif

Currently 600/1100 (Can get my dad to buy me the Auzen)

Mar 20, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #23 of 250
I still wanna try some more things again. Mainly the GS1000. I actually really liked them. I thought these DT880s would finish me, but nope
frown.gif
Sound dark to me. Going to the HF-2, VERY engaging but too bright in comparison. The GS1000 sounded very smooth and had a very nice soundstage. I think I am going to try Grado jumbo's with Chux Wipes (lol) over the driver covers, just to see if I like that. My journey hasn't ended yet
tongue.gif

I have a soft spot for wooden Grado's, I GOTTA own some hehe. BTW I am probably gonna sell my ALO-780 some time soon, they are getting no head time anymore, I simply prefer my HF-2 to them (and probably DT880). I still wanna try that ALO Rx though, see if I can spot a diff between unamped and amped this time, never did with the P-51with my Walkman, with my iPod I did though.

Mar 20, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #25 of 250
Just back from airport and good posts to add to.

I am amazed at the youth in years, yet oodles of experience in all things Headfi. The future looks great. These "kids" have got opinions, they know what they like and they can spot quality and value.

Yukari, what can I say, I have so much to learn.

Beyer T1 / JVC DX1000, meet conditions, both juiced by Trafomatic, Wow!!
The T1's have awesome bass, with all the right qualities, more than enough for total enjoyment BUT with a less dark nature than the DX1000, champagne.
Must have !!!! Listen to Siri's Svale Band " Paper moon " and " Imagination "

Yukari, I see a silver prescription ( Rx ) to be filled, immediately and a Westone to be infused, STAT.

What a great sharing meet. Thanks to all for the kindness and goodies.

Melbourneshade.

Mar 20, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #26 of 250
hehe look it's me in last pic
biggrin.gif
Yes it was a great meet
smily_headphones1.gif
Glad you liked the UM3X's, now you have more money to spend
tongue.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 12:36 PM Post #27 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by nattonrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow yukari... you have a lot of portable stuff O.O

Great looking meet guys!

Yes.
I am living at home so not tooo convenient to get much home audio equipment atm.
Plus I use public transport, lots of time to use portables.

Mar 20, 2010 at 12:37 PM Post #28 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trysaeder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, a finite goal to reach. All I need is:
AD700 -> AD900 (maybeAD1000, need to audition)
IE8 -> CK100
Clip+ -> NWZ A847
+ Auzentech Forte 7.1

$1300...
confused_face(1).gif

Currently 600/1100 (Can get my dad to buy me the Auzen)

ummm
i would say head-fi is an infinite hole to fill up.

Mar 20, 2010 at 12:40 PM Post #29 of 250
I am living at home...
biggrin.gif
only 15 though so you'd hope I would. I never use public transport and am always at school or home lol, so no need for a really good portable rig. I just wish I had a better music collection. Headphones can do wonder if you know what to listen to and enjoy it
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 12:40 PM Post #30 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still wanna try some more things again. Mainly the GS1000. I actually really liked them. I thought these DT880s would finish me, but nope
frown.gif
Sound dark to me. Going to the HF-2, VERY engaging but too bright in comparison. The GS1000 sounded very smooth and had a very nice soundstage. I think I am going to try Grado jumbo's with Chux Wipes (lol) over the driver covers, just to see if I like that. My journey hasn't ended yet
tongue.gif

I have a soft spot for wooden Grado's, I GOTTA own some hehe. BTW I am probably gonna sell my ALO-780 some time soon, they are getting no head time anymore, I simply prefer my HF-2 to them (and probably DT880). I still wanna try that ALO Rx though, see if I can spot a diff between unamped and amped this time, never did with the P-51with my Walkman, with my iPod I did though.

I do think GS1000 is quite nice...and yes, if I have to choose between GS1000, HF2, DT880, ALO-780....I think I'll choose between GS1000 and HF2.

Let's see....maybe..... we should get a mini portable meet LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back