Melbourne Meet 2010 - 20.03.2010 impressions
Mar 21, 2010 at 7:43 AM Post #76 of 250
There should be no budget for happiness
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2010 at 7:46 AM Post #77 of 250
Did anyone try my DT880 Manufaktur and the DT990 that was there? I would love to read your impressions of the two, as I did not get around to listening to the DT990
biggrin.gif
Oh btw, the RE0 was there? I have been wanting to try one for a long time now
frown.gif
I think we should have another meet here in Melbourne ASAP
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2010 at 7:49 AM Post #78 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did anyone try my DT880 Manufaktur and the DT990 that was there? I would love to read your impressions of the two, as I did not get around to listening to the DT990
biggrin.gif
Oh btw, the RE0 was there? I have been wanting to try one for a long time now
frown.gif

Mate you should've checked the first post on our meet thread
biggrin.gif
I had the RE0's.

And the DT 990's they were a niche product,very crisp and clear highs, with nice details and overall neutral with a little more Bass then perfect.

Mar 21, 2010 at 7:50 AM Post #79 of 250
Yeah I remember reading that you'd bring them, but forgot about it on the day and didn't spot them lying around. I completely forgot
tongue.gif

Mar 21, 2010 at 8:11 AM Post #80 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Easy - Aircon
tongue.gif

From your iMod music collection, I can see why you'd like the STAX.
I'm actually now considering getting my 80GB iPod Video DIYmodded to go with a nice, small amp. The P-51 and SR-71 were rather nice. Pricey though.
Neither - Its just different somehow.
Stang, that MAD was fantastic.
And the T1 was definitely a stand out for me.

Oh yes, Aircon would be lovely =P
For my own taste of music, I think, T1, W11JPN, Stax are probably what I would consider in the near future when I upgrade my headphones.

Tried to DIY mod your ipod, I would love to compare how it sounds side to side with the RWA modded one I use.
RSA's amps are quite decent and well-known (sort of) in port. amp section. (Oh , and the one I am having is the SR71A, not SR71 )

Mar 21, 2010 at 8:21 AM Post #81 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pleases me to hear that you both highly enjoyed it.
biggrin.gif

A system based on the SR-404 can be somewhat expensive, but depending on the energizer you should come a long way with $8-900.

ummm maybe I should think about it then.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The DT 990's were very detailed and crisp, loved their treble,overall very comfortable and nice sounding headphones, very decently priced and worth every penny.

ohh I should have tried it....

Mar 21, 2010 at 8:24 AM Post #82 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice looking meet! Did I see girls/women? My old and tired eyes must be lying to me, it just can not be ...
wink.gif

LOL
Yes, I am one of the girl in the meet. The other girl will be shawn's wife who looks after our hunger =P

Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is right, its Yukari, the GIRL who organized the whole thing, feels they are taking over
wink.gif

Jokes aside, she's a nice head-fier, who's been to other international meets ,so she knew a little more then most of us.

Oh thanks for your nice complimence, Kunal.
ksc75smile.gif

Well, I do enjoy organizing events most of the time. And you guys have been very nice and make it much easiler than otherwise would have been
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duckman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks to organisers for a very enjoyable time and for everyone who dared lug their gear to the crime capital of Melbourne :)

Yukari: and I mean this affectionately: you are the most insane IEM person I have met. I could not believe your collection. Thank you for bringing it all in for us and for sharing your headphone wisdom. I was shocked to see the tiny size of the Mustang. If I had received that tiny thing in the mail from the US, I would have though someone was playing a joke on me! Wish I had had a listen, but my LOD is damaged and I only had patience to try it with the iqube - which was a lovely listen indeed.

The only IEM I heard was the RE0 and it was fantastic. Perhaps the best treble I've heard in an IEM, and presented the music I like very enjoyably. It compares very favourably to my TF10 and perhaps the RE0's treble gives it the edge... though the TF10 competes very strongly in the mid and bass region. I wish the RE0 had memory wire like the UE's, but at that price... it is a no brainer.

Thanks again everyone!

Oh talking about small, you should see the shadow...When I bought the shadow back then, it's smaller than what I thought it would be...looks so much bigger in the photo. Can't believe what I was looking at when i got the shadow in my package. But I thought 3 RSA amps together would be a bit crowded, so I sold the shadow (despite I got one with a nice serial number).

Oh...I thought Shawn got a ipod dock...you should have borrowed his.
But well, I guess we should get a mini portable meet then....and I will need to bring my ipod dock adapter as well ( which I forgot this time).....

I haven't tried the REO, but for treble, have you tried the ER4P?

Mar 21, 2010 at 8:52 AM Post #85 of 250
Yukari has a ****load of Asian music
tongue.gif

Stang, I'm not too sure the STAX would do much for you if you listen to a lot of metal; The HD650 would probably be a better bet. And how the hell did you aquire your gear without any form of income??????

Good to read that people enjoyed the STAX set-up. I really should've hooked it up to a much more competent DAC than my little nuforce uDac, but it should've still provided a good indication of the general flavor of STAX.

I think my STAX set-up will be where I make my next purchases along with a nice amp for the UE18pro. After reading the RSA Protector thread, I'm giving the balanced route serious consideration.

Yukari, if you have a nice receiver at home then a nice STAX set should be well within reach.

Mar 21, 2010 at 8:54 AM Post #86 of 250
hahaha. Well then, I wouldn't be surprised if the Stax would be very, very good for her then
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2010 at 9:01 AM Post #88 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't tried the REO, but for treble, have you tried the ER4P?

Yup. I used to have them. They were nice, but sounded great only when well amped. Out of my ipod, they sounded very poor. I reckon there is some sort of impedance mismatch between the ER4P and iPod.

I have a pair of iM616, which I think are just as good as the ER4P (from my side by side comparisons). Astounding value. They are more neutral than the ER4P - perhaps they are like the ER4S, and they also sound good ONLY when well amped, IMO. They sound GREAT out of the Auditor (with an attenuator) - but it's a bit weird listening to IEMs out of big desktop amps. I prefer the full-sized headphones when at home anyway. The iM616's treble is very good for an IEM. But I reckon the RE0 are at least as good in the treble, perhaps better. It's hard to tell.

Mar 21, 2010 at 9:08 AM Post #89 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am officially jealous of Duckman's SPL Auditor. Plugging in my HD650, I was blown away.

I was very lucky with price. Who knows, I may end up going with tubes for the T1 and the Auditor will need a new home :)

Mar 21, 2010 at 9:10 AM Post #90 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duckman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was very lucky with price. Who knows, I may end up going with tubes for the T1 and the Auditor will need a new home :)

get the Woo Audio WA6, you know its nice
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back