Melbourne Meet 2010 - 20.03.2010 impressions
Apr 24, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #196 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duckman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't wait to hear your HD800 :wink:

I'd like to give the HD800 a shot aswell, if that's alright.

@Trysaeder

I don't know of any places in Melbourne which let you audition gear but I know that Headphonic in Perth let you audition almost all theirs.

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #197 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamerzhell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like to give the HD800 a shot aswell, if that's alright.

@Trysaeder

I don't know of any places in Melbourne which let you audition gear but I know that Headphonic in Perth let you audition almost all theirs.

Frankston hi fi has the hd800's to audition.
smily_headphones1.gif

Next time there is a meet if i'm aware of it I can bring my soon to be balanced HD800's (curently are SE), and balanced HD600's.
biggrin.gif

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #198 of 250
Very eager to hear a Sennheiser. As big of a name they are, I have never heard one
biggrin.gif
I have heard Grado, Ultrasone, Beyerdynamic, JVC and AKG. When we have a meet next time, hopefully I will have a better DAC
tongue.gif
I am saving for the Audio-GD DAC-19 DSP I reckon, as going balanced would mean I need a new amp and that's more money I would need to spend. My MAD Ear+ HD is plenty good anyway
smile.gif
. I just bought M-Audio AV 40 for $230, so I have quite a bit of money saving to go. StoreDJ had them for $169 after membership (one time fee of $45), but they don't accept PayPal and that is where my money is in.

BTW Suntory Times, I also use foobar2000 WASAPI and PS3 optical out to my DAC
biggrin.gif

Apr 25, 2010 at 2:37 AM Post #200 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yeh, if you guys wanna try out hd800 , feel free to come over to my place, I live in CBD.

I wouldn't mind,could do it next weekend,or maybe you could come down to my place, there is heaps for you to audition.

and I'am not far from the city
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 25, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #201 of 250
I guess there wouldn't be a person with all the DT880, K701 and HD650 at their place would there?
I spent way too little time listening to headphones at the meet, I managed to get about 5 minutes of the HD650 but forgot most of it after a short time. Wanted to try the K701 and T1 but there was always someone using them, plus it didn't help that I was kinda in a trance with the CK100s blocking out the world.

Apr 25, 2010 at 7:47 AM Post #202 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trysaeder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess there wouldn't be a person with all the DT880, K701 and HD650 at their place would there?
I spent way too little time listening to headphones at the meet, I managed to get about 5 minutes of the HD650 but forgot most of it after a short time. Wanted to try the K701 and T1 but there was always someone using them, plus it didn't help that I was kinda in a trance with the CK100s blocking out the world.

I'm not a fan of the HD650's and much prefer the HD600's, so if you haven't check them out as well. The DT880's are also very good, I however loathe the sound of the k701/2

Apr 25, 2010 at 8:59 AM Post #203 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trysaeder /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You told me you avoided those 'phones because you were afraid of being ruined by their aural bliss (your words); that is, nothing else would sound quite the same to you afterwards.

BTW: Wishlist keeps changing??

Apr 25, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #204 of 250
I have a Wii to sell, and my dad bought me the parts for the M^3, so I'm in the position for a new phone.

The wishlist consists of me making an account in the game I play called 'Beyerdynamic' (with a capital B), and absolutely raping face with a sound theme hero. Averaging 22.5-1-16.5 KDA over 2 games.

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:47 PM Post #205 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Frankston hi fi has the hd800's to audition.
smily_headphones1.gif

Next time there is a meet if i'm aware of it I can bring my soon to be balanced HD800's (curently are SE), and balanced HD600's.
biggrin.gif

how much they carrying hd800?
hoping to get it soon

Apr 25, 2010 at 1:04 PM Post #206 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yeh, if you guys wanna try out hd800 , feel free to come over to my place, I live in CBD.

I think I'll take you up on that offer. Though I'd like to hear it on my own gear with my music so I'll have to lug all that along sometime.
k701smile.gif

Apr 26, 2010 at 10:34 AM Post #207 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how much they carrying hd800?
hoping to get it soon

It sells for $1999AU. Your not going to top that price as no store actually sells it, what you do is buy ot from syntec through such a store. It's a pain as you have to wait for the headphones to be posted to you etc, but there's no extra charrge for postage and syntec are quite an easy company to deal with. Franskton hi fi have it connected up to a lehmann audio black cube linear which is quite good as well (in fact a while ago I remember considering buyng the black cube, but the lack of optical input was a deal killer for me).

ps: the headphones are well worth there price tag :rock:

Apr 26, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #208 of 250
Hmm, I'm interested in comparing the HD650 to the HD800.

I think its only a matter of time before I jump to something around that price tag. Tax returns can't come sooner!

Quote:

Originally Posted by yukari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I rip cds into wav if i have the cd with me, so accumulates quickly

My 60GB diymod turned out to be a complete nightmare. The whole deal has been a bit of a mess atm, and I'm still sorting it out now.

Back to the normal 80GB 5.5G for me, possibly with a bigger HD. I was thinking of installing the 160GB one from the iPod Classic. Anyone know whether it'll fit?

Apr 26, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #209 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, I'm interested in comparing the HD650 to the HD800.

I think its only a matter of time before I jump to something around that price tag. Tax returns can't come sooner!

There really is no comparison, the jump from ibuds to the hd650 is the same jump from the hd650 to the hd800 imho.

Apr 26, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #210 of 250
Comparison was probably not a good choice of word; I'm interested in the performance leap between the 2.

I'm sure they will blow my HD650s out of the water. My problem would be buying a decent amp and CD player/DAC to run them through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back